||LinkBack||Thread Tools||Search this Thread||Display Modes|
|03-27-2011, 08:53 PM||#1 (permalink)|
Join Date: Jan 2011
7-Day Motivational Thread: Week Starting 03/28/2011
It has been awhile since I have been on the forums regularly. I am eager to start the next motivational tread and thought, heck just start it.
Goals for the week:
Weight Sept 1/2014 284 lbs.
Weight Sept 21/ 2014 273 lbs.
Weight Goal = 250 pounds December 20, 2014
Ultimate weight goal = 155 pounds December 1, 2015
Weight Jan 1, 2011 = 288 pounds (size 24)
Weight April 1, 2011 = 244 pounds
Weight July 1, 2011 = 220 pounds
|03-27-2011, 09:09 PM||#2 (permalink)|
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Alexandria, Virginia
Hi Everyone! Excited for the new start this week! Learned a few lessons about last week- like don't make a green smoothie in buşk amounts which I havn't experimented with yet. It came out HORRIBLE and I was stuck drinking it for the rest of the week, since I sealed the rest for storage. Blech!
This weeks Goals
1) Keep calories between 1200-1500-try to bring my deficit from 850 average a day to 1000 a day through calories and exercise
2) Drink 2 liters of water a day
3) Exercise 30 minutes minimum/5 days-Walk 30 minutes minimum/5 days- introduce Jump roping 5 minutes/3 days
4) Get Off the Breads! I'm suppose to be gluten free
5) Measure myself to start recording monthly
1) Finish the Lace Project and start the new one for my class
2) Organize Closet
3) Finish Laundry
4) Treat myself to one night of REAL pampering (Havn't done it in years)
5) Work on my husbands anniversary gift for this coming month
My goal is to lose 2 lbs this week
Thank you for calling the Weight Loss Hotline. If you'd like to lose a half pound right now, press 1 eighteen thousand times. ~Randy Glasbergen
|03-27-2011, 11:55 PM||#3 (permalink)|
Join Date: Jan 2011
I had a GREAT week last week and I'm not looking to replicate it becuase I'm pretty positive I can't! I'm hoping to get as much exercise as possible because I know there will be a couple of days this week where it's just NOT going to happen.
So here goes:
1. Exercise at least 3 times this week (Tae Bo Cardio)
2. Make good choices in foods (even though I'm totally fighting PMS)
3. Lose at 1-2 lbs
1. Apply for a new job
2. Not to lose my temper with my 4 and 2 year old children
3. Keep everything I cleaned today as clean as possible with a 2 and a 4 year old!
Starting Weight: 219 (1/18/11)
Current Weight: 208.5 (6/3/11)
Goal: 175 by Feb. 10, 2012 (Day we leave for Cancun)
|03-28-2011, 12:08 AM||#4 (permalink)|
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Slidell, Louisiana
Back To Basics!
Health & Fitness:
1. floss 7 times
2. gallon of water per day
3. Vitamin Daily
4. Fish Oil Daily
5. Weekly calories consumed to be +/- 500 burned
6. Workout (like a beast) 3 times
7. 200 Chinups
8. get back to my journal
9. Protein Shake ONLY FOR POST WORKOUT (get nutrients from real food)
10. Weigh in Monday morning and Sunday morning and post #'s (stay +/- 1 pound)
11. Push, motivate, or encourage the next person to post & also do one of their goals.
Non Health & Fitness:
12. Business drop-ins once
13. Call 10 current clients and touch base
14. Say something nice to a stranger (not flirting) 3 times
15. One RANDOM act of kindness
I think that's enough to keep me busy.
click for progress pics.
April 19, 2009 210.4 lbs.
Oct. 19, 2009 174 lbs.
Feb. 6, 2010 171.2 lbs.
June 4, 2010 169.8 lbs.
Sept. 23, 2010 178 lbs
March 11, 2011 168.8 lbs.
210.4 lbs vs 174 (6 months)
Last edited by 01gt4.6; 03-28-2011 at 02:44 AM.
|03-28-2011, 02:10 AM||#5 (permalink)|
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Queensland, Australia
1. Achieve at least ONE unassisted pull-up.
2. Give every workout everything I've got.
3. Drink 2L of water per day.
4. Keep carbs at or below 30%.
5. Take multi-vitamin daily!
1. Finish washing clothes.
2. Keep positive attitude in the house.
3. Make an appointment to see 8yo's teacher.
Keepin' it simple this week.
|03-28-2011, 02:29 AM||#6 (permalink)|
Join Date: Apr 2010
-exercise 3-4x this week
-eat 1200 cals per day (a bit more if i work out really hard)
-stay positive and remind myself of how many little success i had on vaca even if I also gorged myself a few times.
Hawaii was great..surprise, surprise. I did really well with my eating until about 3 days ago. I have eaten a ton lately, including at my sister's shower today. I'm not looking forward to getting on the scale come tuesday at WW, and I might decide to not weigh-in if the damage is really bad, as I don't want to have to pay!
“People often say that motivation doesn’t last. Well, neither does bathing—that’s why we recommend it daily.”
~ Zig Ziglar, American Motivational Speaker
current weight: 125.6 on April 13, 2011
goal weight: 120.6 in 6 weeks
Last edited by blackrhino2; 03-28-2011 at 02:43 AM.
|03-28-2011, 07:19 AM||#7 (permalink)|
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Philadelphia PA
After a rough week i'm back and ready to get on track again! It was nice spending time with my family. I bought a pair of jeans yesterday as "goal" jeans I tried them on today and they're TOO BIG! Its even that TOTM for me. It made me feel wonderful that they didn't fit even through all the bloat! I will hold onto them and wear them till they fall off my bum!
My Fitness goals this week..
1. 1300 Calories a day
2. Get back into the gym 3 days a week.
3. Look into P90X.
Non Fitness goals...
1. Write personal thank you letters to my dads doctors.
2. Clean up my apartment.
3. Get bikes out of the back yard and ready for the road!
5. Have fun and SMILE!
22 F 5'9
Starting weight 3-6-11: 260
Goal weight 6-1-12: 155
Current weight 4-8-11: 254.6
Pounds lost: 5.4
4th of July Challenge:
Progress -5.4lbs, 2%
|03-28-2011, 07:46 AM||#8 (permalink)|
Join Date: Apr 2010
it's awesome to continue right on with the next thread!
This week I will:
- keep my protein intake up
- drink my water!!!
- work out 4 times this week
- drink only one cup of coffee per day
- track everything I put into my mouth
- work on my dissertation
- calorie deficit of at least 400
Julia, welcome back! Glad to have you around again!
In other news, the scariest thing happened to me yesterday. For the first time this year I went on a little cycling trip through some nearby woods with a friend of mine. As we cycled past a beautiful castle a couple of mountainbikers overtook us and disappeared into another forrest stretch. We liked the route they'd chosen and followed slowly behind. As we cycled past shrubberies and along a norrow path we suddenly made out a figure lying flat on the ground. From that moment on everything happened really fast. We jumped off our bikes, ran towards the figure (who turned out to be one of the mountainbikers who had previously overtaken us); he was lying with his face flat on the ground, his arms dangling next to his body, his left foot still caught in his bike. He was unconscious and I could hardly hear him breathe. Within a second I was at a nearby street waving at cars, calling out for help. I ran back towards my friend; the guy was breathing heavily now. We very carefully freed his foot, but decided not to turn him over since we were afraid to really hurt his spine. When the second mountainbiker (who, of course, was in utter shock) returned, the man on the ground slowly regained his consciousness. By the time the helicopter arrived he was pretty much awake again. We had finally helped him to slowly turn around and when the paramedics arrived he was actually sitting up, his nose bleeding heavily. Appart from a clearly broken nose he seemed fine. What a relief! And what a shock! Guess it'll take me a while before I can actually close my eyes and not see his disfigured body lying on that forrest floor. So glad he's ok though!
Starting Weight: 130 lbs (04/27/10)
Body Fat: 28.8% (ugh!!!) (10/10/10)
Current Weight: 130 lbs (ugh!!!)
Current Body Fat: ???
Goal Weight: 115 lbs (03/20/11)
Goal Body Fat: 18-20%
Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness. (Mark Twain)
Last edited by MollySue2; 03-28-2011 at 12:10 PM.
|03-28-2011, 11:15 AM||#9 (permalink)|
Join Date: Mar 2010
I did fairly well last week in staying out of the grains. We were a GF house for 4 long years and so it wasn't that difficult to stay away - until Saturday. I did manage to keep out of it, but it was a near thing and I think the thing that caused the most trouble was NM peanut butter, because I ate some not realizing it contained wheat germ, so then I was craving anything and everything made from grain. I do not want to even tell you how much peanut butter I ate this past weekend, but I will confess is that I have to go shopping today (not for peanut butter, just everything else). Oh and BTW I tried to lighten the pb effect by taking NM peanut butter and blending it with soy nuts and a couple of Tbls of honey and a dash of sea salt. It was so good that I had to call the kids in to the kitchen to help me eat it, because seriously I was headed for the bottom of the blender with gusto.
Health & Fitness Goals
1. Keep calories to 1,500 M-T-W-T-Sat, 1,800 F-Sun
2. Calorie deficit for the week 3,500
3. Exercise 6 hours
4. 96 oz water
5. Carbs under 45%
6. Protein over 40%
7. Call SIL and find another race, 5/14/11 is not going to work out.
8. Clean 2 rooms (15 min each) + 1 load of laundry.
9. Figure out basement shelving layout.
10. Write library proposal.
11. Work on church design 2 hours (or more).
12. Fix starting block covers.
13. Sew patches on GS uniforms.
14. Plan some activities for Spring Break.
Starting weight: 244.6 lbs. 10/01/09
Pounds lost: 80.6 lbs
Current weight: 164 lbs
Goal weight: 120 lbs
Weight to go: 44 lbs
Goal Date: 1/1/13
|03-28-2011, 11:47 AM||#10 (permalink)|
Join Date: May 2010
This is such a great idea!
Fitness and Health Goals:
Drink 1.75 L of Water:
Eat 1300 calories
Exercise a total of 28hours a week
Don't eat out
Don't drink alcohol
Cook something new everyday
Keep up with my journal
keep room clean
sit outside a cafe, drink tea, and read
30 Day No Fast-Food Challenge: 30 COMPLETED
30 Day No Alcohol Challenge: 5
30 Day No Tofu Challenge: 19
Start Weight: 133
Pounds Lost: 3
Current Weight: 130
Goal Weight: 115
Pounds to go: 15
Goal Date: July 27, 2011
Running is like my coffee, it get's me up in the morning, the fresh air smells great, it energizes me, and motivates me through the day.
|heart rate monitor|
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|