Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day Motivational Thread: Week Starting 03/28/2011 >

7-Day Motivational Thread: Week Starting 03/28/2011

Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread: Week Starting 03/28/2011

Old 03-29-2011, 12:52 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Mern
Almeeker, I was sitting here with a spring allergy headache and cracked up when I read your post to jjeand to go out and buy new panties for her new start without bf. LOL
Sometimes you just gotta wash that man right out of your hair, and well while you're at it wash him out of your underwear drawer too. I don't know about the rest of you but breakups were always hard on my self esteem. So when the going gets tough, the tough go do a little shopping and get a make-over. Let him eat his heart out.

Last edited by almeeker; 03-29-2011 at 12:56 PM.
Old 03-29-2011, 12:55 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by behaze
1. Achieve at least ONE unassisted pull-up.
Ever since I saw this goal I've been looking for a pull-up bar. My gym actually doesn't have one? How crazy is that? So I've been using the lat pull-down bar and setting it for my weight, minus a block. I can pull it down, but it isn't pretty. I'm actually thinking about getting a bar for the house, but where to put it? We do not have much in terms of empty wall space in this house. Is it tacky to have a chin-up bar in the kitchen?
Old 03-29-2011, 01:12 PM
FitDay Member

Almeeker - you can get chin-up bars that go over the architraves of a doorway that you needn't screw in. We got ours from a shop called Big W for $10 (it's just a department store that stocks a small section of sports equipment) and it literally takes two seconds to put up and pull down - and yes, it's quite secure.

Oh, and if you can't find one at a shop, I know you can get them from ebay.
Old 03-29-2011, 01:14 PM
FitDay Member

Would it work on an arched doorway? This is my difficulty for most of those bars. On the ground floor all the doorways have arched tops and no trim, except the one into the bathroom.
Old 03-29-2011, 01:20 PM
FitDay Member

Ours wouldn't work on an arch - I haven't seen one that would. But you can use it in the bathroom doorway, because you'd just take it down when you're done. We use ours in the laundry doorway because our house has very few trimmed doors, too.
Old 03-29-2011, 02:27 PM
Super Moderator

almeeker, you can get a dip station/ pull up station. That's what I have at home, the down side is that it's bulky.

jj, IMO he wasn't calling for music. He was drunk and lonely and wanted to see what you were doing. Since you didn't answer he had to come up with an excuse to leave a voicemail, in hopes that you'd call back.

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 03-29-2011 at 02:29 PM.
Old 03-29-2011, 02:56 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
jj, IMO he wasn't calling for music. He was drunk and lonely and wanted to see what you were doing. Since you didn't answer he had to come up with an excuse to leave a voicemail, in hopes that you'd call back.

I had that thought, too. Either that or he's looking for an excuse to hook you in for a bit more. Sounds like you are looking forward to moving on; time to do some more things for yourself!
Old 03-29-2011, 03:11 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Well, better late than never I say! I didn't post yesterday, but I won't let that stop me from posting today!

So after my gain last week, I've really gotten serious and I'm now down to 205.4lbs!

At first I asked myself how in the world did I do that? Then I realized I was brutally honest with myself, and didn't allow myself a little bit here or there...As Michael pointed out in one of the first threads I was in, he mentioned having to be truthful with yourself and logging things even on the weekend and such....So over the weekend I made sure I stayed within my weekly set calorie range (didn't allow myself to go up to 2000 this past weekend), and made myself stick to my plan!

Here are my goals that I set for this week (didn't post them yesterday, so posting them now PLUS Monday's status)

Health/Fitness Goals:
1. Eat between 1200-1500 cals/Day YES, 1376!
2. Get at least 7 hrs of sleep/night Yes, although I was still tired in the morning when I woke up
3. Consume 100oz. of Water/Day Yes
4. Take Fish Oil & Rosehip Supplements Yes for Rosehip, no for FO
5. Exercise with EA Active for Playstation 3x/Week (Tues, Thurs, & Sat) Not yet
6. Limit myself to 1 Diet Coke/Day Yes

Other Life Goals:
1. Spend 20 minutes/day reading one of my books
2. Vacuum the floors, and Mop Dining Room & Kitchen
3. Complete Budget for April 2011
Old 03-29-2011, 03:26 PM
FitDay Premium Member

I had a little catching up to do...so much going on with everyone!

jj - I see you said you still had SNOW!? I'll keep my fingers crossed that it goes away for you soon, unless of course you want it still hanging around?!? Ha ha!

Terri - A little late, but my gosh so sorry to hear about your BF's incident. Sounds like your week may just get better though if it started out that way

Julia - I remember tests like that, but I always tried to look at the bright side of things. At least I wasn't the only one that did bad in the class, and if the whole class had to take it again I figured it just gave me a little bit more time to brush up on some things I didn't feel like I knew well the first time!

Bubbs - What balance ball routine do you do? Any specific video or anything? I have a balance ball, but haven't really used it in a while. It'd be nice to maybe work that in somewhere sometime! Also, I know how difficult it is to wake yourself up when your surroundings are really dark! My old apartment had blackout blinds or something, and practically no light would come in my bedroom - I was always so tired in the mornings!

Almeeker - Way to go on the 94 min workout even if it left you feeling empty! I'm still pondering on if I can commit to the 60 min. P90X workouts. I think I can, and I want to BUT 94 minutes just sounds WOW to me!

Mike - So sorry to hear you managed to attract an internet boyfriend - tee hee hee! Seriously though, you crack me up! Yesterday I was here reading everyone's goals, and your one goal stopped me for a second. The goal where you have said you'd like to say something nice (but not flirtatious), I totally read that as you had work at NOT saying something flirtatious to strangers. I'm still pondering whether or not to think of you as Mr. Ladies man, or if you were just trying to clarify for us that you wanted to say something nice that wasn't flirtatious.

I've determined you're also dangerous - naturally more peanut butter AND cake batter protein? you're trying to ruin me! Ha ha
Okay, just kidding, but really - sounds insanely yummy!

I know I missed numerous people, but I'm actually still at work so I better get back to it - I'll try to post more a little later and update on my Tuesday Status. So far it's going pretty well!
Old 03-29-2011, 08:23 PM
FitDay Member

Monday & Tuesday Report Card

- keep my protein intake up yes no
- drink my water!!! no yes
- work out 4 times this week haven't completed any yet
- drink only one cup of coffee per day yes yes
- track everything I put into my mouth no no (though I think i did a half way decent job working it out in my head)
- work on my dissertation no no
- calorie deficit of at least 400 yes no

Julia, it sucks that you have to retake that test! Good luck on the next one!

Mike, I agree with the others who said that you did the right thing. The internet invades so much of our privacy as it is (nevermind that is to a large degree our own doing), so if you felt put in a vulnerable, overly exposed position, why should you force yourself to endure it? These are your pictures after all and you should get to chose whose comments you want to have displayed.

Jen, congrats on that weight loss! Way to go!!

Almeeker, the last time I took a first aide class was eleven years ago when I acquired my driver's licence. Having now experienced the helplessness of seeing someone suffer without being a hundred per cent sure how to put him at least in a stable position has definitely made me realize that I want to retake the class. For me, this has been a first and it really unsettled me. So cudos to your mom for stopping at accidents! When I frantically waved at cars last Sunday, three passed me by and I actually had to run onto the street to make a forth car stop...

Terri, seems like we overlooked eachother's stories ;-) I just read what happened to your boyfriend - glad he is doing ok and his finger is not infectuous!

Rhoda, I'm also sending out belated birthday wishes! I hope you had a great day!!

Last edited by MollySue2; 03-29-2011 at 08:42 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.