Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day Motivational Thread: Week Starting 03/28/2011 >

7-Day Motivational Thread: Week Starting 03/28/2011

Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread: Week Starting 03/28/2011

Old 03-28-2011, 07:24 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by almeeker
Well then congratulations! Brings to mind specific breakup in my past; the day after the big break-up I went out and got my hair done (cut, color a whole new look really), and I stopped on the way home from the salon and bought a whole bunch of new underwear and bras and a great big trash can. When I got home I tossed out all my old undies and everything he'd left behind or bought me and it was so liberating that I realized I should have done it much much sooner. So jjeand go get yourself some new panties girl, pretty ones in bright colors and a big box of trash bags, you deserve it.
Now you don't need such a big trash can for the undies. lol
Old 03-28-2011, 08:26 AM
FitDay Member

I like the idea of "Back To Basics" as well. So, here's this weeks list:

* Forget the pie chart for one week and keep calories to a "clean" 1400 or less.
* Hike (heavy pack) twice this week.
* Spring's here... resume daily neighborhood walks.
* 100 oz. of water daily, minimum.

* Stop buying jelly beans already!!! Geesh!
* Clean two more closets.
* Keep on top of applications and deadlines.
* Smile more... bitch less.
Old 03-28-2011, 09:21 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Everybody,

I am really sorry that I disappeared. I had such a rough week it would have been really hard for me to keep up with the thread. I am so glad that week is over. I hope I never ever have another week like that ever again. Besides my sweet baby dog being in intensive care for 5 days after being attacked, it was the one-year anniversary of my dad's passing and on top of all that I had the worst sinus cold ever. I stopped logging my food and basically existed on a diet of carbs. It was b.a.d. I weighed myself this morning and am up one pound which isn't so bad because I was expecting much worse. I'm hoping to burn it off at spin class today. I didn't exercise all week last week, since it hurt just to breathe. Now I am hoping that things are back on track.

Tomorrow I will be driving to NYC to meet my mom for a few days. We are going to shop, visit the Met, eat dinner at my favorite restaurant in all of Manhattan and just walk all over the place. I am keeping my fingers crossed that I don't get hit by a meteor on the way there or anything.

Molly, that is so nice of you to stop and help that cyclist. What a scare though!

Terri, holy moly! Your poor BF! I got weak in the knees just reading your post.

Cassie, I hope you beat that bug real quick. I had one last week and it's a real downer. Take good care of yourself!

Happy Birthday Rhoda!

Mike how is your fur baby? Sorry I disappeared but I was thinking of your pooch.

Mern, congrats on the half pound weight loss this week. Every little bit helps!

I also love the idea of back to basics and I will be on vacation in the Big Apple until Sunday so:

1. Eat 3 sensible meals a day and 2 small snacks.
2. Work out at the hotel gym.
3. Go running in Stuyvesant Town.
4. Drink 2 litres of water per day.
5. Take my multivitamin.
6. Check in here whenever I have access to a computer.
Old 03-28-2011, 10:29 AM
FitDay Member

[QUOTE=taubele;41486]I bought the chocolate whey stuff Though I didn't add anything to it when I made the "smoothie" (just ice, one scoop of powder, and 5 fl oz. of milk). I'll figure out how to add things to it to make it taste better - but thanks for the hints! Frozen yogurt would probably help, and I may add some fruit as well or...something! lol

I'm sort of the queen of smoothies because I had my jaws wired shut for 6 weeks once. All these recent posts about cook books reminds me I was going to write one for people having surgery due to injuries or dental issues (like me). I even had recipes for a potato chip substitute--liquid instant mashed potatoes with lots of melted butter and salt. Of course, now I would take the recommended mashed cauliflower!

I do use lots of whey protein powders--choc and vanilla. When I make smoothies, I use frozen fruit (instead of ice cubes), add skim milk, and protein powder for a creamy smoothie; if I want something icier, I just use juice and frozen fruit and maybe some ice. Chocolate powder is great with banana or strawberry or peanut butter. I must admit that frozen yogurt sounds great, but I better not go there! And I don't think I've ever noticed the smell or taste--but then I pretty much eat anything and everything!

It's been a very dull day at work--all alone and craving sugar. I found the office "stash" and just downed 3 small bags (80 cal ea) of these wonderful liquidy, fruit snacks and a few mini peanut butter cups. WHY does this happen?

And Taubele, that story about the needle! Hope he's had a tetanus shot recently! I'm totally useless in those situations.
Old 03-28-2011, 10:40 AM
FitDay Member

Oh, hell, I'm two pages behind everyone--again! You all have moved on to birthdays, breakups and tossing old memories, and I'm still stuck on smoothies! So much happens in a few hours here.

So I'll just go back to my bags of juicy fruity snacks.

Belated Happy Birthday, Rhoda!
Old 03-28-2011, 11:27 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by quinnesec
* Stop buying jelly beans already!!! Geesh!
Mmmm--I just love jelly beans. Not those nasty little fancy ones, either--I like the big ol' cheap 100% sugar ones. Last Easter I ate a whole bag in about 15 minutes. Used to love that old head throbbing, heart pounding sugar rush . This Easter I wouldn't eat one on a bet. No change in latitude, but a change in attitude .

Regards,
Michael
Old 03-28-2011, 11:37 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by mecompco
Mmmm--I just love jelly beans. Not those nasty little fancy ones, either--I like the big ol' cheap 100% sugar ones. Last Easter I ate a whole bag in about 15 minutes. Used to love that old head throbbing, heart pounding sugar rush

Regards,
Michael
YES!!! No gourmet stuff for this girl! They have to be the old-fashioned $1.00 a bag "originals"! I ate my entire bag over the weekend, although I'm pretty sure I could take down a bag in 15 minutes as well! lol
Old 03-28-2011, 11:38 AM
Super Moderator

Ooooh, now that song's in my head, Michael! But at least I'm not thinking about jelly beans...

Rose, no apologies necessary. Glad you are back, though. How's your little guy?

And Mike? How's yours?
Old 03-28-2011, 12:40 PM
FitDay Member

Monday Report Card:

Health & Fitness Goals

1. Keep calories to 1,500 M-T-W-T-Sat, 1,800 F-Sun. 1,495
2. Calorie deficit for the week 3,500. -833
3. Exercise 6 hours. 48 min
4. 96 oz water. YES
5. Carbs under 45%. 48% This was my first day back on grain, so far I've eaten 6 pieces of bread (35 cal ea.), a rice cake and a Flat Out.
6. Protein over 40%. 26% (See above)

Other Stuff

7. Call SIL and find another race, 5/14/11 is not going to work out. NO
8. Clean 2 rooms (15 min each) + 1 load of laundry. NO
9. Figure out basement shelving layout. NO
10. Write library proposal. NO
11. Work on church design 2 hours (or more). NO
12. Fix starting block covers. NO
13. Sew patches on GS uniforms. NO
14. Plan some activities for Spring Break. YES, going to see in-laws (the kids will love it, me somewhat less so)
Old 03-28-2011, 12:52 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by quinnesec
YES!!! No gourmet stuff for this girl! They have to be the old-fashioned $1.00 a bag "originals"! I ate my entire bag over the weekend, although I'm pretty sure I could take down a bag in 15 minutes as well! lol
Not me, bring on those fancy gourmet beans. I used to shop at this market that had the fancy flavors in bulk and they had lists on the side of the display for "recipes". My favorite one was for praline brownies, with a splash of rum beans. And seriously it takes you 15 minutes to eat a pound? I could throw down a pound of gourmet jelly beans in like 6-7 min, they are very small that chewing is sort of optional. I had 3 jelly beans yesterday, DD forced them on me. Okay she turned away from the little box and I stole them. So? I can't be the only mom that ever snicked goodies from their kids.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.