Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day Motivational Thread: Week Starting 03/28/2011 >

7-Day Motivational Thread: Week Starting 03/28/2011

Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread: Week Starting 03/28/2011

Old 04-02-2011, 01:07 PM
FitDay Member

mike ~ glad that you are feeling a little better. poor you. it is horrible when you feel not like yourself & feel on edge & are snappy with those we love. why aren't you sleeping? could there be underlying medical issues? i'm sure most of it is stress, but could you have something else going on you don't know about so when the stress comes it's like the straw that broke the camels back? i feel for you & know you don't want to feel that way.
Old 04-02-2011, 02:03 PM
Super Moderator

Stacey,

I'm a light sleeper and my GF is a heavy sleeper. I rarely get to bed before midnight (she usually works late and got in the habit of going to bed late). Mytsie has a bladder about the size of a pea. She'll wake me up (b/c I'm will actually wake up) a couple times a night to go potty. Then there are the few times that I wake up b/c she has all fours in my back and she wants to remind me that it is her bed. So her little 9 pound ass pushes me all night. So between those 2 thing I probably wake up 4 times a night. When I'm drinking a gallon plus a day of water I'll usually wake up twice, b/c I don't wear depends... yet. So on a good night I'm in bed by 12ish, may fall asleep by 1am and only get woken up ~6 times. Chloe' has claimed the love seat as her bed a couple months ago. One of the girls had a friend stay the night and between them they tied up the sofa and love seat. All night Chloe' paced back and forth whining b/c someone had "her" love seat. Oh yeah, she also has a bed in my bedroom and in the living room. So she had options but instead she chose to keep me awake.
Old 04-02-2011, 02:06 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by staceyalberta
hey what's your youtube channel i've never seen any of your videos.
the video I posted will take you to it.
Old 04-02-2011, 03:01 PM
Super Moderator

Quickly reporting before bed, I'll check out videos etc. tomorrow!

Saturday Report Card

Fitness, Exercise and Lifestyle Goals:
1) Under 1400 calories, track everything M: yes, 1,355 T: yes, 1,448 W: oh yes, 1,725 Th: yes, 983! F: yes, 1143 Sat: yes, 1,100
2) Average 30% protein for the week M: 17% T: 29% W: 15% Th: 45% (that's more like it!) F: 30% Sat: 22% (weekly average: 26%)
3) 96 oz. water daily M: yes T: yes, 104 W: yes Th: yes F: no! Sat: yes, 104
4) 5 hours of exercise, split between weights and hard cardio M: day off T: 15 minutes cardio, 45 minutes lifting. W: No exercise Th: 60 minutes hard cardio (HIIT) elliptical F-Sat: No exercise, but was on my feet all day
5) Use heart rate monitor each workout this week M: N/A T: Totally! W: N/A Th: Yes, and holy cow!! F-Sat: N/A
6) Use new protein powder in a shake after each workout: M: N/A T: No W: N/A Th: oops! forgot F-Sat: N/A

Non-Fitness Goals:
1) One hour of needlework every night M: not quite an hour, but close T: No W: Yes Th: No F: Yes Sat: No
2) Rework 2 original chapters for book by Wednesday M: DONE! Go me! T-Sun: N/A
3) Focus on extra work coming, do whatever hours are necessary this week/weekend M: N/A T: N/A W: Oh boy, did I. Th: Yes! F: Extra work started! Sat: And the twelve-hour days continue..
4) Buy a couple of small plants for the apartment, the place needs some green! M-F: No, probably this weekend Sat: This will probably not happen

The days just keep being long for me. The person who's helping me with my equipment has given me lots and lots of bad news, but we may be able to scrape my magical machine together with duct tape and a dream. Unfortunately, there's lots of waiting involved, so I spent 12-hour days at work, but 2/3 of them are just gettting up....checking..."Nope, not ready yet..." and trying to find something else to do. It will continue tomorrow. I'm not like to get my exercise or some of my other goals in, but work is important, I suppose. All I can do is try to control my calories and keep my spirits up.

There's a lab-party at my boss's house tomorrow. I know there will be turkey tettrazini, homemade bread, and wine. If I plan accordingly, hopefully I'll get away alright on calories. I'll have to give my "best shot" when entering on Fitday, so we'll just have to see!!

~Terri
Old 04-03-2011, 02:55 AM
Super Moderator

Back To Basics!

Health & Fitness:

1. floss 7 times yes, yes, yes, yes, no, no
2. gallon of water per day yes 147.6, yes 130oz, yes 140oz, yes 140oz, no 120oz,yes 130oz.
3. Vitamin Daily yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes
4. Fish Oil Daily yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes
5. Weekly calories consumed to be +/- 500 burned -54, +36, -227, -131, -364, -60
6. Workout (like a beast) 3 times no yes no yes no, no
7. 200 Chinups 30, 45 (15 of which were weighted!), 0, 65, 43 (I was able to do 20 in a row),[183 & counting] 0
8. get back to my journal no, no, no, nope, no, no
9. Protein Shake ONLY FOR POST WORKOUT (get nutrients from real food) yes (none), yes (PWO), yes (none), yes (didn't even have one PWO), yes (none) no (had one but didn't workout)
10. Weigh in Monday morning and Sunday morning and post #'s (stay +/- 1 pound) 170.4 167.6 I ate like crap this week
11. Push, motivate, or encourage the next person (behaze) no, no yes& also do one of their goals.
Non Health & Fitness:

12. Business drop-ins once no, no, no, nah, nope, no
13. Call 10 current clients and touch base 2,3,3,2,2 Total = 12
14. Say something nice to a stranger (not flirting) 3 times no, no, no, no, not yet, no
15. One RANDOM act of kindness no, no, no, yes, no, no
Originally Posted by behaze
Keep positive attitude in the house.
yes, yes, yes, sort of, yes, BIG NO!!

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 04-03-2011 at 03:17 AM.
Old 04-03-2011, 03:26 AM
FitDay Member

Mike,

Sorry to hear you're going through a lot right now. I'm a super light sleeper, too. I swear I never go into a really deep sleep... ever. I hear things that go on all night long. Sounds like you're simply stressed out. A change of scenery, even for a day trip, helps me sometimes... just to get my brain off of whatever's bugging me, even for a few hours. My hikes are therapy for me as well. When I'm really stressed, I push myself until I'm totally spent and that really keeps me from snapping at family or whoever.

Today, speaking of depressed, our forecast calls for 2-4 inches of snow. It's like a freaking blizzard outside right now. We're actually under a "winter weather advisory". Can you believe it??? I could just spit. But, I have to keep focused and not binge. Think I'll balance the checkbook and other "inside" tasks today... yuck.

Cassie,

My daughter passed through Georgia on her way to Florida early this morning and sent me long texts about the beautiful Magnolias and Spanish Moss. She said, "Mom! The trees have leaves and everything!" LOL (Poor girl hasn't seen living vegetation since October!)
Old 04-03-2011, 03:38 AM
Super Moderator

thanks Quinn. I really think to get away for a day or two would do wonders. Right now I'll just have to close my eyes and imagine myself on the beach with a tan instead of sitting at my computer burnt to hell with a nasty farmer's tan... well farmer's burn. My poor head looks like a read balloon and guess what... I now have a redneck.
Old 04-03-2011, 03:53 AM
FitDay Member

Mike,

I'll trade you the farmer's tan for my freaking blizzard!

I hear you... stress with kids, jobs, just life in general, can really accumulate all at once. Just know that you're strong and keep focused. Look at all you've accomplished in the last year. I know it's easy for others to say not to stress (when it's not them!). But, things always have a way of working out. I'm a true believer in things always happening for a reason. You may not know why now, and it may seem tough, but you'll be stronger for it, I'm willing to bet.
Old 04-03-2011, 04:21 AM
Super Moderator

Thanks quinn.

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 04-03-2011 at 05:56 AM.
Old 04-03-2011, 05:56 AM
FitDay Member

Hey Everybody, I've been AWAL for a few days, we went to the in-laws house. I was over my calories on Th & F but managed to keep it in check on Saturday and Sunday (so far). We arrived at the in-laws on Friday and I went straight from "normal mode" to "bottomless pit mode". MIL always serves things that I can't keep in the house because I have no self control, pita chips, spinach dip, bar cheese, Trader Joe's 3 Ginger Snaps, caramel pecan bread, etc etc, and once I get started, well we all know how it goes after that. So of course one of my SIL's is complaining that I eat like a sumo wrestler, and it makes no sense that I've lost weight. Anyhow the next morning we are all eating breakfast, and I grabbed a yogurt out of the fridge, Dannon Lite & Fit. I get them all the time at home and I love them, especially the peach. It tastes fine, but as I near the last bite, my MIL speaks up and says "wait wait wait, what's the expiration date on that one?" 9/11/09, seriously. They've had an expired yogurt in their fridge for 2 freaking years!!! Who does that sort of thing? At first I was okay, then starting about 2:00-3:00pm I started feeling nauseous. I ate a fairly light dinner and thought afterward that I was going to blow, but in the end I just suffered through it. So the morals of this story are that she who stuffs face stands to be poisoned for the effort and to ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS, check the expiration date on any food at the in-laws house. Good grief, the horrors stories I could tell you on that one (the medicine cabinet is light years scarier than the fridge). I'm taking my own food from now on, and that should really help to keep me on plan over the course of a visit.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.