Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day Motivational Thread: Week Starting 03/28/2011 >

7-Day Motivational Thread: Week Starting 03/28/2011

Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread: Week Starting 03/28/2011

Old 03-30-2011, 04:21 AM
FitDay Member

I'm just starting to visit the forum's - glad I finally noticed this part of fitday. I agree with many posts - keepin it simple. I am getting close to my goal weight and progress now is very slow but I am feeling great.

Goal:
Follow my workout plan (6 days this week)
Follow my meal plan (1300 - 1400 calories/day)
Drink more water
Drink wine only some nights
Do a fun physical activity with my kids
Take my pants to the tailor to be taken in (yay!)

Other goals:
Get my taxes done
Talk finance with my husband
Lighten up and have more fun!
Do one random act of kindness each day

Thanks everyone - love reading everyone's goals! Even had to borrow a few.
Old 03-30-2011, 05:09 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by MollySue2
Terri, I hear you loud and clear as far as the chest strap is concerned! I can assure you, though, that it has nothing to do with chest size . I do the same - I put the strap underneath my bra. Not the best feeling, I know, but haven't discovered any better way (or better bra) to make the HRM work.
What about a little pocket in the bra? Or can you swivel the strap around so the mechanism is in the back? Your heart is pretty much smack dab in the middle of your chest cavity, so it would be the same distance from your heart as it is in the front, and maybe even closer for those of us that are well endowed .
Old 03-30-2011, 05:13 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by almeeker
What about a little pocket in the bra? Or can you swivel the strap around so the mechanism is in the back? Your heart is pretty much smack dab in the middle of your chest cavity, so it would be the same distance from your heart as it is in the front, and maybe even closer for those of us that are well endowed .
Ooh, there's an idea, I can try it in the back...will do so tonight if I can get to the gym. None of my bras have pockets thus far, and it didn't like working if it wasn't right against the skin. I had to bring my hand up to the chest strap to "reset" it a couple of times, but if I can get it to sit in the same darned spot I'm hoping that will no longer be a problem.

Stupid boobs
Old 03-30-2011, 05:16 AM
FitDay Member

i was going to go home at lunch & clean up for 45 mins, but my boss asked me out to lunch & i accepted. i like my boss we get along well at work kid & joke, however i have had lunch with him once before & it felt awkard like we didn't know what to say to each other at times. i hope he invited someone else to join us too.

also did something scary well sort of scary...lol....i approached my dance teacher about possibly working on doing a solo dance. there are about 4 songs i would love to dance to two are harey belafonte & two are gypsy kings so they would be a belly fusion type dance. i'll wait to see what her reply is. however i'm also thinking i SHOULD just attempt at doing my own choreography just for the experience of it. i learn choreography really well so i wonder if i could come up with my own?
Old 03-30-2011, 05:27 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by staceyalberta
i was going to go home at lunch & clean up for 45 mins, but my boss asked me out to lunch & i accepted. i like my boss we get along well at work kid & joke, however i have had lunch with him once before & it felt awkard like we didn't know what to say to each other at times. i hope he invited someone else to join us too.

also did something scary well sort of scary...lol....i approached my dance teacher about possibly working on doing a solo dance. there are about 4 songs i would love to dance to two are harey belafonte & two are gypsy kings so they would be a belly fusion type dance. i'll wait to see what her reply is. however i'm also thinking i SHOULD just attempt at doing my own choreography just for the experience of it. i learn choreography really well so i wonder if i could come up with my own?
Well if you run out of ideas for lunch, just start quoting things from fitday. Since we're all so interesting that should be a big help, right? JK, just be yourself and you will find that you have plenty to talk about. Don't sweat it.

I think you should make up your own dances, even if you only ever get to perform them for the living room furniture. I had a friend in college that used to write her own choreography all the time. She used to just turn the music on and video tape herself dancing and go from there. Always impressed me, but I'm not a dance instructor.
Old 03-30-2011, 06:09 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome cwyuill! Glad to have you with us.

Tuesday's achievements:
Calorie limit 1600, actual 1612
Carbs less fiber limit 25g, actual exactly 25g
Protein target 120g, actual 122.2g
Oops, I totally forgot to make sure I got in Omega-3
Changing sugar free candy limit to 2 pieces per day--had none yesterday

Water goal 64 oz. actual about 40--promising to get it in today.

Exercise none yesterday, but I did some this morning.
Old 03-30-2011, 06:23 AM
FitDay Member

Mern, Congrat on yours .5 pound lost. I celerbrate every single ounce.
Last night I went out with my family but I already have dinner. I thought it would be hard for me to watch them eat. But actually, It was easier than I thought. I drank 2 ice tea without sugar and have a bite of icecream. I felt very in control.
Mai
Old 03-30-2011, 07:51 AM
FitDay Member

almeeker ~ lunch went well the entire department was there he & i work in a different building. so it was good to catch up with the others. however i did have a blt sandwich & cream of celery soup, but i didn't care for the soup so i just ate the sandwich.

mern ~ congrats on the loss woo hoo

mai ~ great job on going out & feeling in control what a great feeling.
Old 03-30-2011, 10:14 AM
FitDay Member

Terri – I have the same issue with my HRM. I just tuck it under my bra. Can’t really see any other way of doing it. I’m gonna save up my pennies and get a wrist one, though.

Lindsey – I hope you do hear something soon.

Stacey – Cool! I hope your teacher gives you some freedom to choreograph! That was very brave of you. Hehe. I agree with almeeker’s friend, too. Even if you’re just videotaping yourself in the loungeroom, you’re still choreographing. And, you can put them up on youtube so everyone can watch your stuff!
Oh, and yesterday was a lovely day, thanks! Today is another dark and rainy day, perfectly suited to snuggling and nothing-doing, but I have to mow the lawn.

Wilbeanerz – well done with your fitness goals. You’re going well this week.

Cwyuill – welcome and good luck!

Mai – that’s awesome that you felt in control of yourself while your family was eating out. Good for you!

For Wednesday:

Fitness Goals:

1. Achieve at least ONE unassisted pull-up. Not yet, Got a little bit higher but still no, No
2. Give every workout everything I've got. Yes, Yes, Yes
3. Drink 2L of water per day. Yes, Yes, Yes
4. Keep carbs at or below 30%. Yes (25%, 61g), Yes (23%, 64.8g), Yes, (16%, 57.3g),
5. Take multi-vitamin daily! Yes, Yes, No - my partner told me they're mouldy so I have to get more (I wasn't even looking - yuck!)

Non-Fitness Goals:

1. Finish washing clothes. No, No, No
2. Keep positive attitude in the house. Yes, Yes, Sorta – no arguments, so it’s a green
3. Make an appointment to see 8yo's teacher. No, No, No

I’m just loving this weather. It’s actually kind of chilly this morning, and the clouds are hanging low over the land. I need to do some of the mowing today because the lawn is just getting ridiculous, so I am hoping the rain will hold off for a bit while I’m outside.

My 8yo’s good behaviour has exhausted itself, so we’re back to counting to ten in an attempt not to snap and get cranky . . . I think I’d prefer to hear the drone of the mower than the high-pitched squealing and moaning of an unjustifiably dissatisfied boy.
Old 03-30-2011, 10:18 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by behaze
3. Make an appointment to see 8yo's teacher. No, No, No

My 8yo’s good behaviour has exhausted itself, so we’re back to counting to ten in an attempt not to snap and get cranky . . . I think I’d prefer to hear the drone of the mower than the high-pitched squealing and moaning of an unjustifiably dissatisfied boy.
Make that appt! Everyone will probably benefit from it. Okay there, now I can take you off my list for today.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.