Notices

Restart: 5-15lb club

Old 05-06-2011, 02:18 AM
FitDay Member

Is it too late to join this thread? i am struggling to loose the last 10 pounds of baby fat on my stomach. Does anyone have any suggestions to what I can do? Curerntly, I am a size 8 and would like to go back to my size 4 by July 2011 before a family wedding.

I am currently following a 1500 calorie diet with 5 days of workout in gym for half hour.
Old 05-06-2011, 04:16 AM
FitDay Member

I don't know about belly fat. Because I have lost 15 pounds and everywhere seems to shinrk but my belly. I guess the trick is to diet and lose the weight. And where it's lose is up to the body. I don't think there is a method to lose a certain part of your body.
If anyone know the secrete, I would like to know.
mai
Old 05-06-2011, 04:46 AM
Super Moderator

I put some thoughts about belly fat in the Anyone have 10 pounds to lose thread in this section.

But Mai is right, the belly is usually the last to lose it, and it's up to your body individually.
Old 05-19-2011, 01:08 AM
FitDay Member

Default I know, It's my responsiblity....

Not DH's -

but he's been declaring "treat night" too often. He's working really hard at both work and diet. We normally don't drink during the week, and have beer on weekends, it's been working, but yesterday, he made a fabulous dinner (it was healthy too - shrimp burritos in low carb high fiber wraps, with lots of veggies), but snuck a six pack in the fridge - and - since he's having one......

I could choose not to, but, I am a social being, and I enjoy it...

Abby
Old 05-20-2011, 12:56 AM
FitDay Member

Belly fat is just driving me crazy because I am doing all the exercises I can to reduce the fat and turn it to muscle. I feel though that when I am losing weight around other body parts my stomach is starting to look even bigger because rest of my body is getting smaller. I guess I jus need patience. I am expecting results to show in weeks time when stomach fat like many of you said will take months before it goes.
Old 05-29-2011, 05:16 AM
FitDay Member

re: Belly fat: I've had a belly bulge, it seems, since my last baby was born, but it is unfair to blame it on her, she says, because that pregnancy ended over 30 years ago
The bulge seemed to stay there in lean years as well as heavy years, no matter how I exercised. Then this year I started doing yoga for my back pain, and surprise! Although I did not lose even one pound, my tummy got smaller and several skirts at the back of my closet fit me again. (My upper body strength also improved, but my underarm area still waggles in a breeze).

Yehudit
Old 05-29-2011, 05:24 AM
FitDay Member

About me:
Last year, I lost 15 pounds, getting almost to my goal (goal weight:135, BMI 23.9), which my MD says wil sufficient to get me off my blood pressure medication. Managed to keep the weight off for about 6 months, but I got a careless over the last two weeks, and now my wieght is up 4 pounds--It's time to crack down and lose that excess weight (and get down to goal) before situation gets worse:

Plan of action:
1. balance diet, 1300 calories/day
2. Keep daily log of intake
3. Activity: yoga + aerobic or strength training daily
4. log exercise

In other words, be accountable to myself. I'll let you know how it's going.
Yehudit
Old 05-29-2011, 01:44 PM
FitDay Member

Yuhudit45,
Congrat on your maintainance.
And It's great that you are get back on track before it too late.
Good luck
Mai
Old 05-29-2011, 02:35 PM
FitDay Member

Default keeping myself accountable

first day:
intake: 1170 calories (26% fat)
exercise: half hour yoga, 2 hours in garden (probably sweated off 3 or 4 pounds in the hot sunshine, but regained it when I rehydrated during the evening--water weight is easy go, easy come, but doesn't count either way!)

Plans for tomorrow: yoga in AM, finish planting vegetables in garden in afternoon (and grade student exams in between!)
Log what I eat!

Yehudit
Old 06-01-2011, 06:38 AM
FitDay Member

Smile

Fourth day of my restart & doing okay--kept calories in the 1200-1300ish range (yesterday it was 1327), fat less than 25% (except yesterday's dinner when I ate feta cheese as my protein--if I splurge on something like that occasionally, I don't feel deprived, and I did manage to keep total calories down), have done yoga every day, and some other exercise as well (gardening, walking, and other stuff).

For participating in a Spring activity program, I now have a 6 month free membership in the school gym, so I'll start doing some weight training as well. I'll try to get a permanent well, so I can leave some stuff there, but they are generally in short supply. Maybe I'l get lucky with that.

Yehudit

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.