Notices

Restart: 5-15lb club

Old 04-01-2011, 04:40 PM
Super Moderator

sandi, it was my experience, and others on here as well, to continue to lose (albeit more slowly) while figuring out the whole maintenance deal. So no worries; you're there, you've got it in the bag, so enjoy!

Funny thing, others' reactions. I had a co-worker ask me if I lost 50 pounds. If I had lost that much, I'd be in the hospital! It was about 25...makes me wonder how I looked before . Others commented on how different I looked with my hair shorter (it wasn't). Sometimes people just don't think, but once they get used to it, the comments will stop.

Enjoy your tennis and take no prisoners on the court. That'll show them how "unwell" you are!!
Old 04-02-2011, 02:52 AM
FitDay Member

Sandi - congrat's! Yay you!
I'm green with envy because I had the same goal of 122# by 4/1, but the closest I got was 129#. I even gained a few back. Stupid winter-like weather combined with spring break junk food in the house "for the kids" did me in.
Old 04-02-2011, 08:58 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Hey Sandi, big congrats - well done!
You know the maintenance thing trips a lot of folks up, but it sure looks like you have the program lined up.

Now... don't be a stranger now that you've reached your goal

Pam
Old 04-02-2011, 09:26 AM
FitDay Member

Sandi,
I felt so motivated to read your thread. It so great that you are going to maintainence.
I will try to eleminate refind carbs next week. My hardest thing is rice. I can't live without rice. But I did 2 weeks Atkin induction, I think I ca try again.
Mai
Old 04-02-2011, 09:32 AM
FitDay Member

I just got my bikini yesterday. Now I need to wear it once a week, so I know where to shed. Also, by looking at it will help me make better choices.
Mai
Old 04-02-2011, 09:40 AM
FitDay Member

Hi all new to this thread. congrats Sandi on reaching your goal. And Mai congrats on being able to wear a bikini. A great, heck even a good bikini body is part of my motivation. I like to scuba dive and in the summer that means lots of time in a swim suit. I just joined yesterday and look forward to being able to check and share my progress.
Old 04-02-2011, 11:07 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome kimbur96!
Looking forward to hear your progress.
Mai
Old 04-02-2011, 12:24 PM
Super Moderator

Ladies, you can all do it! I bought my first bikini ever last summer at the age of 42. First time I was ever comfortable enough to wear one. I tape it to the pantry door when I am having a rough day!
Old 04-02-2011, 03:05 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
Ladies, you can all do it! I bought my first bikini ever last summer at the age of 42. First time I was ever comfortable enough to wear one. I tape it to the pantry door when I am having a rough day!

Very funny Cassie - great idea!
Old 04-02-2011, 03:13 PM
FitDay Member

Thanks, everyone, for your congrats on almost reaching my goal!

Kimbur96 - welcome and good luck with reaching your goal weight.

Nottango - You are SO close to your goal. I'm sure you'll get there--it's only 7 pounds away!

Cassie, you're right about losing a bit more while I figure out the maintenance thing. I actually plan to try to reach 120--thought I might sound too obsessive if I mentioned that. It's been my experience that I need to be a couple pounds below goal weight to feel OK when my bod retains a bit of water. I get so frustrated!

Now I have to admit that today my weight was up 1/2#. The culprit--white pita and hummus last night! Seems I retain water whenever I eat even small amounts of pasta, bread, rice, potatoes (wheat included). I have a mild allergy to rice and potatoes, but I think it goes for other grains as well. Food allergies can cause bloating, right? I'm not at the point where I need to rule them out entirely, since intense sneezing (big calorie burner!) and losing my voice are the only symptoms.

To all you bikini lovers out there . . . Now that makes ME green with envy. I guess those days are over for me--unless I move to France or something. I can lose weight, build great muscle, mountain bike like crazy, but absolutely cannot get my "skin" to behave itself! Where did all that collagen disappear to?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.