Notices

Restart: 5-15lb club

Old 06-17-2011, 12:01 AM
FitDay Member

I am so excited to be in this club now! I can't believe it!
Old 06-17-2011, 12:21 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome ZoeDuc, I can imagine you watching numbers on the scale saying "soon I get to join that club" (at least, that's what I would be doing). We'll teach you the secret handshake!

Abby
Old 06-17-2011, 06:17 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Default Whoo hooo!

Originally Posted by ZoeDuc
I am so excited to be in this club now! I can't believe it!
Good job Zoe!
And thanks for bumping this thread back up!
Old 06-26-2011, 06:45 AM
FitDay Member

Last time around I was hoping to drop 5 pounds, and now it is closer to 10!

I've been off the wagon for awhile, and without even weighing myself I was very aware of the consequences just by the way my clothes were fitting - or not fitting - but I had trouble working up the courage to step back on the scale. I was also having trouble working up the motivation to take control and get back on track.

It is so weird to me because I definitely feel better when I eat right. I'm less hungry and have fewer cravings, so I don't really get why I keep falling back into the same trap. Anyway, I was up 8 lbs from my last log on. I cleaned up my eating, and the scale is showing a drop.

I need to stick to the things that allowed me to lose weight in the first place. I also need to eat more whole foods, and get back in the habit of exercising. I know my stamina and strength are not what they were, and I really want to turn that around. I figure I also need to check in here occassionally for motivation and accountability.
Old 06-27-2011, 04:35 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Welcome back Kay,
I glad to see that you grabbed the reins before things got too far out of hand.

Sometimes I think that losing 5 to 15 pounds is harder than 50. I can drop 5 pounds just by fasting for a few days, but that hasn't helped me with the real problem, which is retraining my brain and stomach to eat less and eat clean.

I think that for me, my diet will always be something I have to keep an eye on, whether I am actually logging my food or not. After a year and a half I am happy to say that I know what my diet should be - now the trick is sticking to it... at least most of the time
Old 07-01-2011, 12:09 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks Pam. So far, I've lost about 4 pounds. It really does come off easier when you have more to lose. Only 4 more pounds and I'll be back to my "fighting weight." From there, we'll see about those last few pounds to my goal weight.
Old 07-21-2011, 08:20 AM
FitDay Member

I have 15 pounds to lose now. And I lost my momentom, can't get back,,.....uhgggggg.
Mai
Old 07-21-2011, 08:32 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by lastri
I have 15 pounds to lose now. And I lost my momentom, can't get back,,.....uhgggggg.
Mai
So what seems to be tripping you up Mai? Just getting tired of the whole ordeal? Summer vacations? To much other stuff to worry about? Think about it and let us know. I bet someone might have and antidote
Old 07-21-2011, 09:33 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by RunbikeSki
So what seems to be tripping you up Mai? Just getting tired of the whole ordeal? Summer vacations? To much other stuff to worry about? Think about it and let us know. I bet someone might have and antidote
Thanks Runbikeski!
Well 4 weeks vacation in Vietnam did it. I know when I tripped like this, It take a while to get back. I don't know why but I feel like out of the line right now.

Mai
Old 07-21-2011, 02:32 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Default Mai

So what do you need?

A little pat on the back, "there, there everything will be fine" (which you know it will)

Or a swift kick in the you-know-where: OK Mai, now it is time to get you butt in gear? (which can be effective, in the right place)

Somewere else people were talking about memories and how revisiting the places they grew up can be so sad because it reminds them of all the people who are no longer with us. Is maybe going back to Vietnam bringing a lot of buried memories? Is Vietnam your homeland? Such a beautiful, yet tortured country.

I would love read a little about your past - if you feel comfortable writing about it.

With affection,

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.