Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day Motivational Thread: Week Starting 03/21/2011 >

7-Day Motivational Thread: Week Starting 03/21/2011

Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread: Week Starting 03/21/2011

Old 03-21-2011, 03:34 PM
Super Moderator

Checking in...

1. Balance calories in and calories out. Yes
2. Drink 2-3 big blue bottles of water daily. Yes
3. Sleep 7 hours nightly (failed miserably at this last week). No 6.5
4. Exercise 5-6 days; 2-3 outside. Weights inside tonight

5. One office organizational task per day. Yes
6. Paint one room of trim IFF no tourney next weekend and/or work doesn't spill over into weekend.
Old 03-21-2011, 04:07 PM
Super Moderator

Almeeker, I was wrong! The tea I was talking about was for someone else and not for that reason. The correct one is organic smooth move by Traditional Medicinals. Sorry about it. I'm about to give it a shot, did you want a review on it.

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
Checking in...

1. Balance calories in and calories out. Yes
ewww, are you using that tea too?? :0

Monday is my cheat day so I need to keep it to +729cal or less. +679

Fitness & Health
1) 65g net carbs per day (again this week) no, it was my cheat day
2) work out 3 times no
3) 1000 pushups 166
4) gallon of water a day yes 169oz
5) multi vitamin (daily) yes
6) fish oil (daily) yes
7) -2400 for the week (including my cheat) +679

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 03-21-2011 at 04:14 PM.
Old 03-21-2011, 05:12 PM
FitDay Member

Hi everyone, just wanted to say hi and I miss you! The past 2 months have been a little rough as I've been constantly fighting one cold virus after another. I've been so tired, stressed, and depressed. I'm really sad about the Japan disaster.

I've gained about 2 pounds which isn't too bad considering how I've been feeling, not exercising, and overeating. The good news is that I have a job for next year, hooray!

I'm not mentally ready to start tracking fitness goals since I'm overwhelmed w tracking life details right now but I just wanted to say hi to everyone and read about your successes and weeks. My major goal will be to continue to continue to find silver linings in all the clouds!

Today's silver linings: went in for routine physical and my lipid profile is off the charts awesome! Also, my weight is about the same as last August (I lost and then gained) (Cloud = white blood cell count is low, no surprise there!)

have a good week everyone!
Old 03-21-2011, 10:57 PM
FitDay Member

Monday Report Card:

Health & Fitness Goals

1. Keep calories to 1,400 M-T-W-T-Sat, 1,650 F-Sun. 1,546 I screwed this up yesterday, by accident, not by lack of willpower. I forgot to log the cottage cheese I ate at breakfast and that I had 1,400 as my goal. By the time I realized it, I was 150 over. Oh well, today is another day.
2. No grain based carbs for the entire week, including corn! Success, I had to slap my hands all day, but I managed it.
3. Exercise 6 hours. 48 min
4. 96 oz water. YES
5. Carbs under 45%. 34%
6. Protein over 40%. 44%

Other Stuff

7. Call SIL and find another race, 5/14/11 is not going to work out. NO
8. Clean 2 rooms (15 min each) + 1 load of laundry. NO
9. Figure out basement shelving layout. No, and DH was cranky about it.
10. Write library proposal. NO
11. Work on church design 2 hours (or more). NO

Yesterday was really odd for me. I've decided to try grain free for the week, and yesterday I didn't have any cravings. That is crazy for me, normally I feel hungry often, and on the cusp of "out of control" at least 3-4 times/day. Yesterday I didn't have that feeling all day long. We'll see how today goes, but I have a sneaking suspicion that grain based carbs are an even bigger problem than I realized.

Last edited by almeeker; 03-21-2011 at 11:02 PM.
Old 03-21-2011, 11:12 PM
FitDay Member

Monday Report Card:

Fitness/ Diet goals
- up protein intake yes
- go running at least twice this week (at least 6 ks each)
- go swimming once
- drink at least 1.5 litres of water every day!! yes
- try to do a bit of stretching/ yoga 5 days this week

Non-fitness goals
- get spring cleaning done this week
- get some work done on my dissertation (at least do some research five times this week)
- finish at the very least one book
Old 03-21-2011, 11:32 PM
FitDay Member

Rose, so glad to hear your handsome little sweetie is on the mend. It's so hard when the ones we love are injured, be they two legged or four. We have a sweet little rabbit, and the other day she was laying sort of weird and for just a second I thought maybe she'd passed, and I gasped and my heart started racing and then she jumped up looking all offended that I had made a noise during her nap.

Mike, your girls are hilarious!!! And yes I would like a review (not too graphic please) of the "Smooth Move" tea (that's the name, seriously?). I'm good for the moment, but who knows how I'll feel by Sunday night after being grain free all week. The worst part is that when I have that issue, I tend to gravitate toward junk food. I don't know about the rest of you, but when I eat junk there is um, a lot more waste then when I eat healthy.

Cassie, so does Mern know we're all coming for a girls weekend? You bring the red wine, and I'll bring the toads. My middle DD makes these lumpy little confections with dark chocolate, pistachios and raisins, she calls them "Toads" (as "turtles" was already taken), and they are to die for. I better put those little yummies in the back of the car, if they are too close I will eat them all on the drive to Ohio.

Quin, I can relate to the deer issue. My brother, his wife and 3 sons live on a dirt road, and nearly every year they hit a deer - each. It's no wonder that auto insurance in Michigan is "no fault". My aunt and uncle have a "Buck Board", it's a picture frame with lots of spots for photos, and it has a nice photo of everyone's "First Buck". My photo is the crunched front corner of my mini-van.

Last edited by almeeker; 03-21-2011 at 11:36 PM.
Old 03-22-2011, 01:03 AM
FitDay Member

Rose- I’m sorry to hear about Chico, he’s in our thoughts! I honestly believe that animals become part of the family so I'm glad to hear he's on the mend!
Quinn- I’m in the same boat but sadly no fireplace to curl up to. We went from beautiful sunny spring weather to 10+ centimeters of snow today. As soon as you said clear the runway all I can think of is the blue collar-Bill Engval joke (On the phone with his wife when the plane he was on stopped after hitting a deer)
Engvall's wife: Oh my God! Were you on the ground?
Engvall: Nope, Santa was making one last run. Here's your sign.

Behaze- I can’t imagine veggies at that price, hopefully it’s a good summer crop and things get back to more normal prices. Congrats on sending out the manuscript and way to go with plyometrics!
Mern- At least you’re 166 in!

Yesterday was one of those hectic but wonderful days. Found out I’m set to graduate with my second degree by December, got the last big details sorted for the wedding and managed to get in sometime with the dogs at the park. Though sadly the horse I’ve been training has come up lame so that extra exercise I was counting on didn’t happen.

I am thinking I may have to adjust my time line a little when I set my goal weight I chose March 31st not thinking it was final exam time which means less exercise and time. I'm 4 lbs away right now but think to save my sanity giving myself until mid April wouldn't be such a bad idea. Am I just being sucky?

This week's goals:
1) Min 62oz of water each day: Yes
2) Limit to 2 coffees all week: 2 in the first day
3) Keep a 1000 cal deficite: -8734) Get in 2 runs (min 10Km): No
5) No carb Wednesday and Friday

Random goals:
1) Get 2 essays finished: parts started and small assignments done
2) Print out "before" picture and post it on the fridge: No
3) Put a dent in the laundry pile : Yes!

Ash
Old 03-22-2011, 01:19 AM
FitDay Member

Again I am a day late. I am not setting any fitness goals this week because my dad passed away yesterday. I have family coming from all over the state and diet and exercise is the last thing I need to worry about. I wanted to post just to keep in the habit of doing so. I am going to start fresh next Monday when my life begins to settle. I will post my new weight but keep the same long term goals. I am not expecting too much of and increase. I have managed to maintain and hover around the same weight since last week when I basically started living in restaurants.

This week I will focus on remembering all the good times I had with my dad and accepting he is in a better place and no longer suffering.

If i am not around I will see you all next week and good luck on sticking with your goals!

Karen
Old 03-22-2011, 01:29 AM
FitDay Member

Kind of lost it a little last night at my daughter's NHS Induction. I won't go into the gory details, but, yes... cake was involved... again! Cake, ice cream, punch, coffee... all of the usual culprits at such events.

Decided to give myself a "one night pass" for 17 years of busting my butt as a parent. LOL (Actually, 28 years total.) They should have a separate ceremony for the parents of the top 10%. But, for now, I'll take the cake and punch.

When we got home, hubby and I continued our private, parental "pat on the back" celebration with doing a taste test between Naturally More and Smucker's All Natural. Although Naturally More is clearly superior, nutritionally, we both voted for Smucker's for taste. (It took us many tastes to come to our professional opinion... many.)

So...

"Cassie, so does Mern know we're all coming for a girls weekend? You bring the red wine, and I'll bring the toads. My middle DD makes these lumpy little confections with dark chocolate, pistachios and raisins, she calls them "Toads" (as "turtles" was already taken), and they are to die for. I better put those little yummies in the back of the car, if they are too close I will eat them all on the drive to Ohio."

I will supply jars of peanut butter for us all to "taste test". Oh, and maybe cake... yes, definitely cake...
Old 03-22-2011, 01:38 AM
FitDay Member

Makerbabe, I am so so sorry to hear about your dad. Please accept my deepest sympathies and know that you and your family are in my thoughts. I lost my dad on March 25th last year and he suffered a lot too so I understand how you feel right now. The next couple of months will be hard and you need to take gentle care of yourself.

Sending cyber hugs...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.