Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
In case of weekend emergency, break glass...or click here! >

In case of weekend emergency, break glass...or click here!

Community
Notices

In case of weekend emergency, break glass...or click here!

Old 03-18-2011, 10:07 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
Dee, I'm of the camp that if you continually deprive yourself, you'll end up bingeing, so you are smart to plan for some cake. Just be careful not to let yourself get too hungry during the day, because then you could end up eating more than you planned at night (oh, been there, done that...about a hundred times). What I did in cases like that, which may or may not sound right for you, was to eat, but eat less on the day of the treat, and then for a few days afterward just eat 100 calories fewer than I would have. The temptation is there to make up for it all at once, but IMO it always backfired. Good luck...I do not envy you the concession smells. It was very rough the seasons my son played baseball; now he plays tennis and there are no concessions .

Mary, congrats on being so close to your goal! I hope that gives you a good push of motivation to get through the weekend!

Hey Mike, some days I do, some days I don't. Usually, I eat breakfast, then put that in, then later load in what I know we'll have for dinner, then build lunch and snacks around that.

I think for accountability I want to post my logs for Sat and Sun. Where is the post where you were telling someone how to do that? Thanks!!
I like to pre-log everything. I need to know I'll have enough cals left at the end of the day for supper and it also helps me limit myself.

I have my homemade pizzas several times a week. Josephs' WW pita for the crust, .25 cup of sauce, .33 cup part skim mozz cheese and whatever topping (usually onions, mushrooms, black olives or my favorite (if I've got the cals left) anchovies (yum!)).

To post your log as a picture, take a screen shot of it, saved as a .jpg, upload it to photobucket (or similar picture hosting site) and put the link in your post here.

Regards,
Michael
Old 03-19-2011, 02:23 PM
FitDay Member

Oh man, I wish I read this earlier so I don't eat too much. Well, I still have to work on tomorrow then. I ate chinese food (full of fat, carb) for lunch, sausage and grill vegi for dinner, top it all of with some brownie (like 4 squares). Add up total cals about 2400.
Mai
Old 03-19-2011, 04:37 PM
Super Moderator

It's okay, Mai. We've all been there. Get back to it tomorrow. You can do it!

Keeping it honest, here's my food log for today. Had calories in of 1266 and calories out of 1712. Fiber was at 33g, carbs 50%, and unsat fat more than sat fat...that's basically what I keep an eye on.

Those homemade graham crackers were good...I had to enlist help staying away from them

Food Journal Mar 19 :: Mar19.jpg picture by cjohnson728 - Photobucket

Last edited by cjohnson728; 03-19-2011 at 05:03 PM.
Old 03-20-2011, 01:23 AM
FitDay Member

Brownies should be banned. Last time I made a pan of them I ate them all over two days despite freezing most of them. I can not even think of them or I start salivating. I'm off to have some green tea to distract myself.

Thanks for posting your food journal. I'm having a good weekend. Hit 179.8 today -- my April 1st goal. I still haven't gotten back to the amount of activity I want to. I'm committing to a minimium of 3 hours of active life before sundown. Mary

Last edited by Kumochi; 03-20-2011 at 01:26 AM. Reason: Brownies
Old 03-20-2011, 01:24 AM
FitDay Member

I was very good yesterday and didn't have to break the glass once. Today comes the birthday dinner and cake, and no I am not going to starve myself all day so I can have cake, I will stick to mostly fruits and veggies so I can still have the cake and keep my calories in the right range, I probably wouldn't be as concerned if tomorrow wasn't weigh in day and so far this week the scale has barely moved. My sons choice for dinner is the same this year as it is every year on his birthday....TACO's his favorite food. I can do a taco salad so I am still participating without the added calories, and I bought some ground turkey to make mine with.
Old 03-20-2011, 01:48 AM
FitDay Premium Member

While I understand all about "all or nothing thinking", I find that I do best with a zero tolerance stance on pastries and baked goods. My urge to eat them has gone and I have no desire to reawaken it. I go to parties and get-togethers and simply decline to eat those type of things--it is just NOT an option. Most people understand and those that don't, well, that's just TDB for them. This is just what works for me.

Regards,
Michael
Old 03-20-2011, 03:52 AM
FitDay Member

Micheal there are always cakes and pastries in my house and I have totally managed to avoid them, but this is my babies birthday cake, I have to have a small piece :-)
Old 03-20-2011, 04:52 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by mecompco
While I understand all about "all or nothing thinking", I find that I do best with a zero tolerance stance on pastries and baked goods. My urge to eat them has gone and I have no desire to reawaken it. I go to parties and get-togethers and simply decline to eat those type of things--it is just NOT an option. Most people understand and those that don't, well, that's just TDB for them. This is just what works for me.

Regards,
Michael
Yes, I agree that there seem to be two types...the "no temptation at all" folks and the "give in within reason occasionally" folks. One of my close friends is like you, Michael. I think we all pick our cheats to some extent (you seem to do very well with monthly cheat days rather than occasional unplanned splurges). We choose what is worth it; for you, it might be beer, for me, it's sugar in my tea or frozen yogurt...other stuff we can take or leave. I think it just goes to show how individual the process is and that there's no right and wrong way to go about the journey to get healthy. Some choices are better than others, sure, but the way you get yourself to make the good ones is completely up to the individual.
Old 03-20-2011, 03:14 PM
Super Moderator

I hope you all got through the weekend okay and had a good one

Keeping with my promise in the goal thread, I'm putting up the link to today's food journal. I feel like I ate a lot, but I had a big workout as well, in addition to keeping busy the rest of the day. Ate 1423, burned 1872, 46% carbs, 27% protein, 30g fiber, ratio of unsat fat to sat fat 3:1. In my book that's a win.

Mar20.jpg picture by cjohnson728 - Photobucket

Funnily, I ate better this weekend and was much more productive. Coincidence?
Old 03-20-2011, 03:16 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
I hope you all got through the weekend okay and had a good one

Keeping with my promise in the goal thread, I'm putting up the link to today's food journal. I feel like I ate a lot, but I had a big workout as well, in addition to keeping busy the rest of the day. Ate 1423, burned 1872, 46% carbs, 27% protein, 30g fiber, ratio of unsat fat to sat fat 3:1. In my book that's a win.

Mar20.jpg picture by cjohnson728 - Photobucket

Funnily, I ate better this weekend and was much more productive. Coincidence?
hmmm flatout crisps??? Where do they sell them?

never mind. I googled it and found them.

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 03-20-2011 at 03:19 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.