Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational Thread - Week Starting 03/14/2011 >

7 Day Motivational Thread - Week Starting 03/14/2011

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread - Week Starting 03/14/2011

Old 03-17-2011, 04:51 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by canary52
I just used the one you slip on over the bike seat. Is that one bad? It sure helped me
Oops! How funny! I apologize. I took it literally about the bike "seat" because I've actually taken my bike seat to spin classes. It's all broken in for my butt! No, it's not bad to use the one that slips over the seat. Especially if it works.
Old 03-17-2011, 04:56 PM
FitDay Member

Cassie - yep! I get to post my goals first, so you all have to live up to my perfection . . . pfffffft. By the way, I'm liking your #7 goal. Once upon a time, I put a photo of some ultra-gorgeous, totally photo-shopped FHM (men's magazine) model on the fridge . . . until I got annoyed with her sexy smile and gave her the required black nikko-ed devil horns and handlebar moustache. The swimsuit? That's a great idea. Now I just have to go out and buy an itsy-bitsy, teeny-weeny yellow polka-dot bikini . . . well, yellow's not really my colour, but I'm sure I'll find something. Is it helping you?

Mike - I just started giggling like a schoolgirl. My 10mo started giggling with me. I then got up and checked out the nutritional guide on the back of our protein powder tub . . . Bingo. 7600mg of the good stuff. Hehehehe.
Old 03-17-2011, 05:12 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by behaze

Mike - I just started giggling like a schoolgirl. My 10mo started giggling with me. I then got up and checked out the nutritional guide on the back of our protein powder tub . . . Bingo. 7600mg of the good stuff. Hehehehe.
wow! That's a lot. I don't think that I've even seen that much in a protein. Are you sure that wasn't Aspartate? If it's the right one, you've gotta a good one for the hubby.
Old 03-17-2011, 05:46 PM
FitDay Member

Yup - Arginine - 7600mg per 100g. Though a serve is 30g, he usually ups it to about 40 or 50g. Is that still unusually high?

Oh, 100g is about 3.5oz.

Last edited by behaze; 03-17-2011 at 06:22 PM. Reason: Conversion.
Old 03-17-2011, 07:25 PM
FitDay Member

For Friday:

Fitness Goals
:

1. Increase Water Intake to 10 cups per day. Yes, Yes, Yes (12) Yup, Yes
2. BRING IT!!! to my workouts every day. Hell, yes! With much sweat - yes! Yes, Yes, Yes,
3. Cut the carbs for the first phase of workout diet. 19%, 31%, 12% (but 42% fat purely from parmesan and cashews!), 14%, 32% (why did I have the drinking chocolate? That was almost a third of my carbs )

Non-Fitness Goals:

1. Take a deep breath and count to 10 when I feel I'm going to snap at my rambunctious and sometimes trying 8yo, and praise him for the good things he does. Yes, Almost lost it - but yes, Yes, No, Yes
2. Discover what the floor of my laundry looks like, again. Not a chance, One load, No, Can see a few tiles!, Got four loads done . . . can see almost half the tiles!
3. Clear the random bits of miscellanea from the verandah. Nope, No, Nuh-uh, No, Had a look and saw all the miscellanea is my partner's tools, swords, daggers, spears and other weapons from when he cleaned and oiled them two weeks ago, so now my goal is to make him clean it up!
4. Stop screwing with people when I know they're just gonna get cranky. Nope (but I added this goal on Tuesday, my time), Yes, Yes, Yes, Nope

Going over a friend's house for a kid-free 'scary movie night' tomorrow night. I already know there will be lots of alcohol involved , but she wants to make sushi for dinner; I'm making mine with shiritaki rice (3g of carbs per 84g serving), so at least I'm being somewhat good. It's gonna be fun! Paranormal Activity 1 & 2, Texas Chainsaw Massacre and the ever-fabulous Exorcist Uncut.
Old 03-18-2011, 12:19 AM
FitDay Member

Goals:
1) lower carb - yes 52g,81.5, 46, 193
2) no more than 1600 cals- 1427, 1610, 1457, 2772
3) water water everywhere: 40 oz +16 diet soda, 70, ?, ? but I did drink wine
4) gym or stretch at least 3x -stretch, no, gym woo hoo, no
5) write, do not spend 50 hours per day on e mail and Fitday - did a bit, started a new piece but was very fibro sick and had to go to bed, did not go crazy with the Fitday; for T: writing class, discussion, editing, yes, wrote some
Old 03-18-2011, 12:51 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
you can't possibly like tripe, can you?
Honestly, I do quite a bit of traveling through southern Mexico and being a "foodie", I've sampled pretty much everything that has been placed in front of me. I won't go into detail, but some of it makes tripe look pretty good!
Darn near anything put in a white sauce has the potential to become edible... lol
Old 03-18-2011, 01:00 AM
FitDay Member

Had another good day yesterday, food and fitness wise. Grocery shopping today... have to get inspired with some new food choices. I use to be able to shop in an hour. Now, by the time I read all of the labels, it takes at least 2! lol

Food & Fitness:

1. Limit calories to 1200 and log everything. close, under, under, under
2. Keep BMI under 20. 19.8, 19.8, 19.8, 19.8
3. 100 oz. of fluids daily. yes, yes, yes, yes
4. Trail walk at least twice this week, weather permitting. no, at HS yesterday, no- time constraints, yes-2 hours, short walk- meetings at HS.
5. Take multi-vitamin, calcium and ground flax daily. yes, yes, yes, yes
6. Floss every day. yes, yes, yes, yes

Personal Goals:

1. Continue with "do something nice each day". yes, yes, yes, yes- several
2. Be a more patient, sympathetic person. yes, yes, yes, yes
3. Draw out a plan on Friday morning for how I'm going to handle eating situations over the weekend. Map out eating, meal by meal, and stick to it.
Old 03-18-2011, 01:17 AM
Super Moderator

Hmm, our protein powder only has 505 mg. Maybe I should double dose it?

Mike, you planning your next cheat day yet ? I think I have vicarious cheat days through you!

Canary, good job on your writing this week! Hope you are fibro-better today . Glad to see you pop up.

behaze, love the idea of defacing unrealistic photoshopped perfection! I have a real issue with the way women's bodies and faces are presented in such an unrealistic light, but that's a rant for another time. I haven't put the bathing suit up yet because I really don't want to explain it to the tile guys working in the kitchen. But I'll put it up tonight. It is my first bikini ever (in my life...ever...!) and I felt so good in it last summer I am hoping it will help me through the weekend.

Quinn, I know, right? (Or I should just say IKR?). Groceries take forever now and I even do more than one store to take advantage of the different natural food selection and prices. Planning helps but it still takes a while, and I really get on an emotional roller coaster; I get frustrated when I have to keep throwing things back on the shelves because of suspicious ingredients, and ecstatic when I make a new find. I found whole wheat orzo last week that worked out really well. I like this website, too: food facts-nutrition facts, health food recipes, healthy eating guide to check on things before I go, that I might see advertised. It has all the labels and ingredients listed.

Well, hope everyone has a great day! I'm working at home today so I'll probably pop on and off. Time to get our plans together for the weekend!
Old 03-18-2011, 02:53 AM
Super Moderator

quinn, that's gross! On a good note, all your goals are looking good. I need to start doing some good thing.

cassie, it may be cheaper or better just to pick some arginine pills are capsule. yeah I was a fat dude! Have you ever seen the side by side of that pic and me in my "wife beater"? I think it's more dramatic than my 210 v 174. You can get it anywhere that sells vitamins. I do have my cheat day planned. I plan on having a Blast and I'll be making a home made Rum Cake and some more Cobbler for my coworkers. Damn I feel like Martha Stewart.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.