Notices

Friends pre menopausal? 40 something

Old 03-11-2011, 01:53 PM
FitDay Member

Default Friends pre menopausal? 40 something

Is there a thread already going for ladies facing menopause and their issues or struggle to get the weight off due to change? If not, I'd like to start one

I'm 42 years old and been very fatigued. After many blood panels, the endocrinologist tells me I'm fine. Everything I find online leads to adrenal exhaustion. Anyone else dealing with fatigue while trying to lose?
Old 03-12-2011, 02:53 AM
FitDay Member

I have been facing menopause for 11 years, and strangly fatigue isn't one of my issues. I have been having night sweats (must be losing weight there) and hot flashes for this length of time, the hot flashes always come on at the most embarrassing times, like dealing with work situations or having a conversation with a customer. I am still going through the monthly inconvenience and really just wish it would be over. I have tried natural supliments and have seen my doctor(who tells me I am healthy and normal) and nothing has helped. By the way I just turned 47 so you got a long way to go kid. As for threads on here regarding this issue, I haven't seen any but would love to hear what some of the other ladies have gone through or are still going through.
Old 03-13-2011, 12:58 AM
FitDay Member

I started to have night sweats about 5-7 years ago. I noticed that as I decrease my caffeine, they pretty much subside. We used to drink decaf coffee before bed and that will most definitely mean I will have them. However, my mother said that hot flashes did not bother her much during the change and I suspect that it also has something to do with genetics. I have never read any correlation w/caffeine and hot flashes but that's what I've found to be true for me. Not sure if you drink caffeinated drinks but you could try fasting caffeine for a week and see if it helps
Old 03-13-2011, 01:09 AM
FitDay Member

Sorry that isn't happening, thats all I drink, coffee and diet coke are my two poisons so I am doing cafeine all day. I should have qualified my answer about the night sweats, I only get them for one week a month and that is the week right before my monthly visitor rears its ugly head. The hot flashes during the day can happen anywhere and anytime.