Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 3/7/11 >

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 3/7/11

Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 3/7/11

Old 03-09-2011, 01:19 AM
FitDay Member

Arrived at my "summer weight" of 116 today. (Goal date was April 1st.) Now if I can just keep it here until summer! 4-6" of snow for today... not exactly bikini-wearing weather, that's for sure. I saw two bald eagles circling my home yesterday and remembered, after all, why I live here again, snow and all.

Food & Fitness:

1. Limit calories to 1200 and log everything. yes
2. Keep BMI under 20. yes-19.44
3. 100 oz. of fluids daily. yes
4. Trail walk at least twice this week, weather permitting. maybe today
5. Take multi-vitamin, calcium and ground flax daily. yes
6. Lose 1 more pound this week. DONE!
7. Floss every day. yes

Personal Goals:

1. Continue with "do something nice each day". yes
2. Be a more patient, sympathetic person. yes
3. Be encouraging to husband and daughter by complimenting them each day on something that they did well. yes, on both counts
Old 03-09-2011, 01:23 AM
FitDay Member

Terri,

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I'm so happy for you! I'm doing a "happy dance" for you at my laptop... Can you see me????
Old 03-09-2011, 01:25 AM
FitDay Member

Default Thank you!!!!!

Mega thanks to Quinn and Cassie and Terri. I appreciate your sentiments more than you know. I know time will continue to repair the wound and I also know it will never heal completely. My problem has always been that I expect things to steadily improve in a perfect upward trajectory but not a lot of things actually work that way, least of all grief. It ebbs and flows and I just have to get through this time, the best way I know how. Thank you, Ladies for the cyber hugs.

Terri, WOOHOO!!! I am so happy for you! CONGRATS!!! You are rockin' One-derland! How amazing is that? YAY!
Old 03-09-2011, 01:54 AM
FitDay Member

Rose, I remember last year when your father passed and reading your posts at that time, and how moving they were to me. I have not lost a parent but I can empathize with feeling like it is up to you to stay strong for others. Give yourself time to reflect as well as trying to keep in perspective all of the positive ways your father influenced the lives around you. Live each day to it's fullest and don't be afraid to ask for help when you need support, we all go through times like this.
Old 03-09-2011, 02:09 AM
FitDay Member

Terri and Quinn, congratulations to both of you!!!!!!!! Such hard work and you guys are doing so well!!!!!! I see success and more success in the future!

I went to WW last night to find out that I have stayed the same. I was totally perplexed as I "knew" I'd lost weight...or I felt skinnier at least. The leader was horrible and was actually kind of rude to some of the members so I left early. I wish she would retire!! I want to call WW headquarters and report her for being a negative nelly all the time, but I've been thinking that for a year and haven't done it. Other members really like her...but I'm convinced they don't know what a good leader is b/c they have only ever had her. When you've done WW for 5.5 yrs you recognize the truly inspiring leaders. I actually feel like I'd like to be one..but that would seems like a strange career choices since I am in school for something completely different.

Anyways, I am happy with my lifestyle and happy with my body (this is somewhat forced, but I do believe it) and I am working very hard to not compare myself to others and to just do what is best for me.

Then, this morning I got on the scale and I only weighed 125.2. I love this number!! Why do I torture myself by weighing in at 6pm with corduroys on? While my weight goal is 122, 125 is totally awesome too! I sometimes hate having a weight goal bc it is just a silly number and I don't want to get hung up on that when really my goal should be broader.

So yeah, numbers can be useless even though they can encourage me. I seemed to have lost 6 pounds since last night.

I think I will continue to weigh myself in the AM, nekkid!! I'm still going to WW bc it does help me and hopefully those numbers will continue to go down too.
Old 03-09-2011, 02:13 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by cjohnson728

Almeeker, I am with you on the all or nothing struggle. Congrats to you for keeping it within your burn when you do splurge. I am sure I don't. Once I get to my burn (which doesn't take long, about 1700-1800 calories on a day when I've exercised an hour; 1500-something if I don't), I stop putting stuff in. Maybe that should be a future goal, to put it in no matter how ugly. Last year that quote in my siggy worked so well; it's like these days I forget all about it. Like this weekend, I got on the scale, felt like I had been so good, and the results weren't what I wanted, so I got into the, "might as well eat whatever; nothing makes a difference anyway" mentality, on top of having erratic meals. I know better! Oh well, live and learn! This week has been good so far (all two days of it ).
hey cassie, i need a review session! does the above mean that you eat 1700-1800 cals on the days you work out and then still have a 500 cal deficit? Then on days you don't work out you eat 1500 and still have a big deficit?
Old 03-09-2011, 02:20 AM
Super Moderator

Cassie, thanks!! It does feel pretty good. I was shocked. I kept asking the scale if it was messing with me I had gotten so used to seeing 2-0-something for the past month that I was just like "Really?" *steps on again* "Really??"

Quinn, yes! Haha, I think your happy dance probably looks like my happy dance, so I can totally see it! Congrats on hitting your summer weight as well! It calls for more happy dance!

Rose, yeah! It's pretty cool, I've been on a little mini-high all morning (though I overcooked my celebration eggs, boo!) And I think that very little steadily improves on an upward trajectory in life. Except maybe data charts You're doing wonderfully!
Old 03-09-2011, 02:39 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by blackrhino2
hey cassie, i need a review session! does the above mean that you eat 1700-1800 cals on the days you work out and then still have a 500 cal deficit? Then on days you don't work out you eat 1500 and still have a big deficit?

Julia,
No...those are no-deficit numbers. Like today, if I do nothing for exercise, I will burn 1552 calories (I do log sleep, though, because if I don't, the number is higher and I end up gaining). When I have to back up and drop a pound or two, I have to go to 1200-1300.

One of the reasons it sucks to be short. And old.

Quinn,
Congrats to you on being back to summer weight! I KNOW that's got to feel good! Bring on your bikini, baby; I hope your snow disappears soon.

Last edited by cjohnson728; 03-09-2011 at 02:42 AM.
Old 03-09-2011, 03:07 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by blackrhino2

Then, this morning I got on the scale and I only weighed 125.2. I love this number!! Why do I torture myself by weighing in at 6pm with corduroys on? While my weight goal is 122, 125 is totally awesome too! I sometimes hate having a weight goal bc it is just a silly number and I don't want to get hung up on that when really my goal should be broader.

So yeah, numbers can be useless even though they can encourage me. I seemed to have lost 6 pounds since last night.

I think I will continue to weigh myself in the AM, nekkid!! I'm still going to WW bc it does help me and hopefully those numbers will continue to go down too.
Julia,

Congratulations to you as well!!! It's a great feeling to see the scale move, in the right direction, that is!

As far as weighing, I only weigh in the morning and yes, without anything on. I figure it's the only way to be really accurate. If I got on the scale fully clothed and at night, I'd probably cry. lol
Old 03-09-2011, 03:23 AM
FitDay Member

weight:
~ food wise stick with my plan m 90%, t yes
~ log all foods i've eaten m yes, t yes
~ do cardio 6 days m yes, t yes, w yes
~ do strength training 6 daysm yes, t yes
~ get 90 oz of water in m only got 60 oz in, t yes
~ continue to not emotionally eat. be real with what i'm feeling at the moment & talk to someone, write it down, come here & vent, but don't stuff my feelings down with food. m yes, t yes
~ be honest to myself when weighing myself. m yes, t yes

non weight goals:
~ put effort in every day in what i'm wearing & how i look m yes, t yes, w yes
~ get back to my routine in organizing my house m yes, t yes
~ write in my fitday journal at least three times. 1 yes, 2 yes

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.