Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 3/7/11 >

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 3/7/11

Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 3/7/11

Old 03-09-2011, 03:37 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by blackrhino2
Rose, I remember last year when your father passed and reading your posts at that time, and how moving they were to me. I have not lost a parent but I can empathize with feeling like it is up to you to stay strong for others. Give yourself time to reflect as well as trying to keep in perspective all of the positive ways your father influenced the lives around you. Live each day to it's fullest and don't be afraid to ask for help when you need support, we all go through times like this.
Julia, thank you so much for your kind words. My dad left quite the legacy. He really was the bravest man I have ever known. He faced his battle with ALS with more dignity than I ever thought possible. It is a horrible disease that robs you of everything but my dad smiled to the very end and although I am haunted by the day he died, I have no regrets. I had the opportunity to tell him everything I needed to say and I know he left in peace.

I will take your wise advice. Thank you and thanks again to the other Fitdayers that have given me such valuable advice. You are all a stellar bunch over here in the motivational thread!

Quinn, congrats to you too!!!! Amazing job! Time to celebrate!

Terri, too bad about your celebratory eggs Maybe you could buy yourself something new as a celebratory gift. It doesn't have to be big. Sometimes a new nail polish does it for me. I just bought one in fact.... the brightest pink I could find, to cheer me up!
Old 03-09-2011, 04:10 AM
Super Moderator

Where is Mike? Low carb coma

Did mardi gras get him?

Or maybe he's actually working, unlike me
Old 03-09-2011, 04:24 AM
FitDay Member

mike ~ you can do it, but like cassie said it is a choice.

quinn ~ hopefully you guys can tell him honestly & tactfully. do you think he would then un-invite said person?

cassie ~ right now i have something going on tues, we, & thrus evenings that is until basketball & base ball start up for my son ~sigh~ lol energy does seem better.

almeeker ~ i feel you about logging the bad along with the good. i find it a struggle too, but force myself to do it. like you said it's never as bad as we think & most of the time you are maintaining. all in all i think you are doing a great job.

rose ~ glad you made it back. that's hard coming up to the anniversary of your dad passing. thinking of you. can totally see why your feeling down in the dumps ((hugs)) yup you can relate to the snow & cold...lol...was warm today actually -19 C, but they are calling for more snow today & tomorrow ~sigh~ we better have a nice spring/summer to make up for this...lol.

julia ~ woo hoo on the loss. i also only weigh in the moring & yes naked...lol

terri ~ woo hoo onederland you go girl that's awesome congrats.

quinn ~ congrats on making it to your summer goal woo hoo. don't worry you'll be sporting that bikini before you know it.

fitday isn't liking me today. it keeps kicking me out ~grrrr~ today not to bad only like -19 C & i did walk to work woo hoo. took advantage of my coffee break & found a little room to practice my bellydance & my phone kept stopping when playing music...sigh. electronics don't like me today...lol.
Old 03-09-2011, 04:28 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by cjohnson728

Did mardi gras get him?

If he lives near New Orleans, there are some terrible storms going through there right now - tornadoes touching down, flash flooding... Hopefully he's ok!
Old 03-09-2011, 04:31 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by cjohnson728

Did mardi gras get him?

Cassie, I am working. I didn't go to Mardi Gras, we had tornadoes all around us, so I stayed inside. I have a lot going on that's been weighing on my mind and getting me down. It was actually nice to be able to journal it... I think.

The diet is still going well, so far today has been good. I've noticed (even before I went low carb) that many times after I eat lunch is when I get hungry. I still can't figure out why but it still happens.
Old 03-09-2011, 04:33 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by taubele
If he lives near New Orleans, there are some terrible storms going through there right now - tornadoes touching down, flash flooding... Hopefully he's ok!
oops, I didn't see this when I just posted. Yep you are right. Tornados touched down in two towns near mine. The weather looks gloomy but not near as bad as it was last night. Are you around this area or did you just happen to see it on the news?
Old 03-09-2011, 05:20 AM
Super Moderator

Mike, I'm in the Florida panhandle area. We're scheduled to get some of that weather a little later on during the day/tonight. It looks windy and gloomy outside, but no real rain or anything like that yet. It looks pretty nasty though!
Old 03-09-2011, 07:04 AM
FitDay Member

Congrats to all of you who are doing so well on your ways of eating and to those who are tweaking their goals or struggling so hard (like Mike) to find a solution to dietary problem areas.

I did well yesterday, but didn't log in all my food. Quite sure from experience and from what I ate that I was under calorie and carb limits and that I got in plenty of protein. Didn't get in all my water, though. I know HOW do do it easily, but didn't follow through. Walked only 3/4 mile at the park yesterday--stamina not quite up to par. But today I did 2 whole miles of aerobic walking DVD in my living room due to the rain.

Terri! Way to go on reaching onederland! I'm doing the happy dance with you!!!! Not just 199.9 but 199.1!

Quinn! Congrats on the bikini size 116! Celebrating with a happy dance for you as well!

Jjeand, congrats to you on the awesome job you are doing. I am an ex-smoker and know how hard it is to quit. People who have never smoked have no idea. But you can do it and you will be so glad to be free of the cigs. When I first started to read your post, before I even got to that part, I suspected your BF was overweight or gaining weight and that you wanting to lose weight and feel better about yourself made him feel insecure. My husband losing weight after he joined the Y is what prompted me to get serious about my journey to better health. Not that I was afraid I'd lose my almost 72 year old DH to another woman, but that I wanted for us both to enjoy many more years together in good health. Keep on doing what you're doing, and hopefully BF will follow in your footsteps. Sending you my good wishes for success in all your endeavors.

Amleeker, I thought RABBITS were "prolific." Oh, you meant about how much we YACK. LOL Those school holidays sneak up on me once in a while, too, and all of a sudden grandkids are calling me the night before to remind me. I LOVE Chinese food but pay dearly the next day from the sodium. Still doesn't keep me from indulging occasionally, though. Girl Scout Cookies! I'd almost kill for a Thin Mint, but I dare not even look at one. I did pop a Sweet'N Low hard butterscotch candy yesterday, though. Isomalt sweetener--but I only eat one on any given day.

Stacey, I burst out laughing when I read you told Mike to enjoy Mardi Gras and lift his shirt.

Julia, that's great that your fiance is super romantic. I'm so sorry to read of your bad experience at WW. You know you did better than what the WW scale read. That's the important part, but you very well should report the rude leader.

Mike, I drink a protein shake 25 minutes BEFORE my exercise. It's supposed to help with stamina, but I can't attest to that working for me. I very rarely suffer unsatisfied hunger pangs on low carb, but I am able to eat 5-6 small meals daily if I choose, and I strive to use my carb allowance to buy the most VOLUME of food possible when I am hungry. Peanuts have protein and fat for satisfying hunger pangs, but they're not very filling. Can you find something in your pantry or fridge suitable to take to work that is more filling but the same number of carbs or is that what your plan says you should eat for a snack?

Rose, huge hug to you. I understand full well what you are going through in the loss of your Dad last year. I know where you're coming from on the aversion to leftover meat and veggies for breakfast. I thought that way at first, but then I realized people eat omelets with mushrooms, tomatoes, green pepper, spinach and other veggies for breakfast, and I found it just as enjoyable to eat leftover lean meat (instead of eggs) and green beans or leafy green veggies for breakfast. LOL It's just a matter of preference.

Last edited by Mern; 03-09-2011 at 07:21 AM.
Old 03-09-2011, 07:26 AM
FitDay Member

jjeand ~ so sorry that your boyfriend is being so unsupportive. it doesn't make your journey any easier. he's feeling insecure himself hence why he said you are going to leave him. would be nice if he got on board & joined you in getting more healthy. all you can do is continue on with your own journey & lovingly encourage him to also get more healthy. you truly are doing the right thing in taking charge of your health & your future.
Old 03-09-2011, 07:30 AM
FitDay Member

i'm thinking i need to add some yoga to my exercise regime for a few reasons. part of it is to get increased flexibility for dancing. the other part is to get increased flexibility for the arthritis in my right hip. finally i think it is a good core work out. my problem is that i find yoga hard as my range of motion in a lot of areas is really bad. anyone else doing yoga?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.