Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 3/7/11

Old 03-13-2011, 04:04 AM
FitDay Member

Mike, oh, I see. I'll bet you mentioned it, but I didn't catch it before--that you usually do low sodium. What is the salt supposed to do if you're not getting the results you want?

How are you feeling today--both physically and "funkwise" ? How'd you do at the gym?

Last edited by Mern; 03-13-2011 at 04:05 AM. Reason: Puncutated a question with a period. Duh!
Old 03-13-2011, 04:43 AM
Super Moderator

Mern, I don't think I mentioned it. I wasn't what you'd consider high on sodium, but probably closer to a "normal" level. Just higher for me. I don't know what it's suppose to do, I just wanted to follow the diet as closely as possible. I feel fine today, thanks for asking. The gym was good b/c it gave me an opportunity to not unless release some of my frustrations with the iron but gave me a chance to vent to my workout partner.

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 03-13-2011 at 04:47 AM.
Old 03-13-2011, 04:46 AM
Super Moderator

I guess everyone is still asleep, I hope you log those sleep hours!!! BTW I attempted to answer the $1m question! http://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums...html#post39505
Old 03-13-2011, 05:48 AM
FitDay Member

Mike, I understand what you mean--normal for most people is highER or high sodium for me. Yeah, short term it's best to follow a specific diet plan as closely as possible whether we know all the reasons or not.

I'm really glad you had the chance vent to your workout partner at the gym and glad to read you're feeling better enough today to answer "fine."

I guess a lot of our group slept in today to make up for the "lost" hour of sleep due to switching to daylight savings time. LOL Didn't make any difference to me--only slept 3 hours. If I logged that as an "activity" FitDay would be putting audible smilies with the sound of uncontrollable laughter or one asking "Are you kidding me?" I know sleep is important--I'm sure lack of it attributes to my slow metabolism and slow weight loss. My brain only lets me sleep 8 hours if I'm truly physically exhausted or sick with a fever.

Oh, here come the grandkids-high schoolers need the computer, I guess.
Old 03-13-2011, 07:32 AM
Super Moderator

I slept in a bit, but basically the ugly truth is that I've been avoiding FitDay because I totally lost control at the social gathering last night, ate way too much, drank way too much, and now I feel like yuck both physically and mentally.

I'm also pretty down about not getting my goals this week; in addition to undoing the food and exercise goals last night, I've had some other things come up and I won't be painting or working on the office today.

I'm trying to reset my brain, but it's hard.

Going to go make myself log in everything from yesterday. Maybe that will be the wake up call I need not to do this to myself again.

Thanks, Mike and Mern, for your thoughtful and informative posts. They did get me back into thinking about making good choices for today. Mike, congrats on making it through your low-carb week, and Mern, way to get that other quarter mile in there!
Old 03-13-2011, 07:41 AM
FitDay Member

hey cassie, one night of going overboard won't do you in for life. the best thing is to realize that it was one night and now it's over and you have a whole new day, every day!

we all do this to ourselves at one time or another, and the trick is to forgive yourself, and move past it. journal about it to try and figure out how to not have such a blow-out next time but these things will pop up time and again. it's really hard but we all can continue to strive for health and balance.
Old 03-13-2011, 09:09 AM
FitDay Member

Must have been something in the air Saturday night... I lost it, too. lol Went to a family gathering with a HUGE Thanksgiving-type spread... turkey, dressing, mashed potatoes, gravy, you name it. Had a few glasses of wine which let my defenses down and I totally blew it. Then, after I blew it, I had not one, but two pieces of birthday cake. God help me.

Working to reset my brain today as well, but it's tough. Think I'll just chalk this whole weekend up as a loss and start fresh tomorrow!
Old 03-13-2011, 10:35 AM
FitDay Member

Aw, Cassie, so sorry you're feeling bad. Keep in mind that you did a COMMENDABLE job through Friday, and slipping yesterday can't take that away from you. Just log it if you think you must, and try to put it behind you and give yourself a pat on the back for each and every good choice you make today. You know that's what you'd tell US if we were in your shoes. Thanks for YOUR encouragement, gal!

Golly, Julia, there are so many times that when I read one of your encouraging posts to someone who is really down on herself/himself I think, "Golly, I'm glad Julia thought to say that!"

Quinn, maybe it's a computer virus traveling through cyberspace that sent you and Cassie and others into a spinout Saturday. I hope you enjoyed that dinner, wine and cake! Yup, tomorrow is a new chance for success. You'll be fine--you know what to do and how to do it.

Last edited by Mern; 03-13-2011 at 10:37 AM. Reason: Had to give Quinn a Smilie, too.
Old 03-13-2011, 11:25 AM
FitDay Member

Haven't been on-the motivational thread much...but thought at least, I could close off the week with my results.
  1. Intake range for the week 1021 - 1352 cal
  2. Exercise balance ball workout X3, elliptical workout X3, 8 hours of cleaning closets and rearranging furniture on Saturday, plus housework and laundry
  3. Tracked all intake and exercise
  4. Great pie charts.
I am on the road alot the next two weeks (moving in the mother-in law and organizing a conference for 250 HR professionals), but vow to track my intake and activities (I will send text messages to hubby who updates fitday for me - what a sweetheart). For the conference I am designing and attending, I have requested all meals to be low fat, low sodium and amount to no more than 1250 cal per day (to allow for any inbetween meal snacks or drinks).

I am looking forward to getting back to a regular routine and chatting daily with my fitday friends....cio. be kind to yourselves and support each other...see you all soon.
Old 03-13-2011, 11:55 AM
Super Moderator

Cassie, you know what you do when you fall off the horse, right? You get back up on it!

Quinn, like I said to Cassie, get back on your horse, don't take the horse down with you.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.