Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 2/28/11

Old 03-03-2011, 01:09 PM
FitDay Member

Jacqueline! Kudos on your weight loss, girl! Friday is just around the corner. Good job on tracking your food and getting those calories up a bit.

Quinn, I was happy to read in the link you provided about Good Carbs and Bad Carbs that I'm getting in the recommended amount of fiber (21g for a woman over age 50) on most days. That must be why my doc never mentioned anything about increasing grains. Still, I'm going to add flaxmeal to my daily goals. I love flaxmeal--just haven't been eating it every day. I also love soy veggie protein but the flaxmeal has more fiber. I'm jealous, though. Sure wish I wasn't pre-diabetic and obese so I could eat that many good carbs--more than quadruple what my body can handle without meds. But that's my choice along with my doctor's approval. So I count my blessings and am grateful for a good doctor and companions such as this group to take the journey to better health with me.
Old 03-03-2011, 01:09 PM
FitDay Member

i would personally consider this an good day eating wise, although I feel like I should strive to eat a bit more protein, and less carbs. I never worked out today, so I can't say I have any calorie burn, so this is the net cals for the day. tomorrow morning I hope to get up and at em' and run 3 miles and do some leg, shoulders and chest weights.

Thanks Mike for sharing how to put this stuff up here. When I'm at home I use a Mac but the directions were still very helpful!

Last edited by blackrhino2; 03-03-2011 at 01:17 PM.
Old 03-03-2011, 01:12 PM
FitDay Member

Almeeker, great job again today! Goodnight!
Old 03-03-2011, 01:27 PM
Super Moderator

Julia,

that looks good to me. I use to use GNC AMP wheybolic extreme 60. yummy!
Old 03-03-2011, 01:29 PM
Super Moderator

For those of you who remember the cutting up we did about Walmart last month...

Police: Ga. Man Hid Chicken In His Pants - News Story - WSB Atlanta
Old 03-03-2011, 01:36 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Julia,

that looks good to me. I use to use GNC AMP wheybolic extreme 60. yummy!
yeah, i really like the chocolate flavor. i just bought the cookies and cream flavor and I don't think I will buy it ever again.
Old 03-03-2011, 01:47 PM
FitDay Member

Cassie, it takes all kinds to make a world. That stuff he stole was mighty expensive --$1350 for a chicken and toothbrush isn't a "get out of jail free card." I don't think I'm rich enough to shop at Walmart. LOL

I'm taking it y'all are talking about protein shake mix? I use the Walker Diet Shake Mix as a supplement. 24g protein. Only one net carb, Mike--7g carbs less 1g fiber.

Nutrition Facts
Serving Size: 2 rounded scoops, 1.66 oz (47 g)
Servings per Container: 22
Amount Per Serving % Daily Value

Calories 180

Calories from Fat 50

Total Fat 6 g 9%

Saturated Fat 1 g 5%

Trans Fat 0 g

Cholesterol 25 mg 8%

Sodium 80 mg 4%

Potassium 200 mg 6%

Total Carbohydrate 7 g 2%

Dietary Fiber 6 g 22%

Sugar <1 g

Protein 24 g 48%

Vitamin A 0%

Vitamin C 100%

Calcium 40%

Iron 0%

Vitamin D 50%

Vitamin E 100%

Vitamin K 50%

Thiamine (Vitamin B1) 100%

Riboflavin (Vitamin B2) 100%

Niacin 100%

Vitamin B6 200%

Folate (folic acid) 50%

Vitamin B12 100%

Pantothenic Acid 100%

Phosphorus 30%

Iodine 40%

Magnesium 20%

Zinc 35%

Selenium 70%

Copper 40%

Manganese 50%

Chromium 80%

Molybdenum 110%

Chloride 4%

Other Ingredients: Protein Blend of (Whey Protein Concentrate, Milk Protein Isolate, Calcium Caseinate, Egg Whites and Sodium Caseinate), High Oleic Sunflower Oil, Inulin, Lecithin, Natural and Artificial Flavor, Oat Fiber, Vitamin and Mineral Blend of (TriCalcium Phosphate, Potassium Chloride, Magnesium Oxide, Calcium Ascorbate, Vitamin E Succinate, Opti™ Zinc Methionine, Calcium Pantothenate, Sodium Molybdate, Niacinamide, Selenomethionine, Copper Gluconate, Pyridoxine HCl, Manganese Sulfate, Thiamine HCl, Riboflavin, Vitamin D3, Chromium Polynicotinate, Vitamin K1, Potassium Iodide, Vitamin B12 and Folic Acid), Xanthan Gum, Glutamine Peptide, Soy Fiber, Guar Gum, Carrot Fiber, Mono & DiGlycerides, Choline Bitartrate, DiPotassium Phosphate, Citrus Pectin and Sucralose. Contains: Milk, Soy, Egg, Sunflower Seed Oil.
Old 03-03-2011, 02:05 PM
Super Moderator

With all due respect to Alexander, today was a Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad day.

It was one of those days where I wanted to eat everything in sight, know what I mean? So far I'm breaking even on calories consumed/burned, but it's only 10PM and I'm not tired yet.

I have an urgent matter at work that will require working on the weekend, and have to do it despite the fact that insurance probably won't pay.

I slashed my wrist open removing drawers so the countertop people can rip apart my kitchen tomorrow.

I had a midlife crisis with respect to my hair and now I don't like what I've done to it.

But the worst part of the day was late this morning. I went to my local home improvement store to pick out a new faucet for the new kitchen sink. I wanted to see how the pull out feature worked on one, so I reached up and grabbed it. It was on the second row up, so my arms are pretty much fully extended. The whole thing comes out of the wall...halfway. I can't get it back in and I can't let it go. Nobody is in the aisle. Because I'm reaching up, my shirt is hiked up; because I'm in new, modern jeans, they're cut low, and my (no lie) leopard print underwear is visible to God and everyone. I have no choice but to call out for help. A woman heard me and was able to find a tall man to come get the thing back into the wall.

Certainly tomorrow has to be better?
Old 03-03-2011, 02:10 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by Mern
Jen, darlin', what did you eat that put you so over your calorie limit? Something special that you don't eat often or were you grazing your way through the day? Happens to several of us here at times, me included. I'm not familiar with the rosehip supplement but I know the fish oil is great for the Omega-3. Oh, by the way, my opthamologist told me fish oil is also great for people with dry eye syndrome because our tears natural tears are made from Omega-3. You're doing great with your exercise!
LOL Mern!!! I KNOW I was like and then I was kind of that I had so much, but then I remembered that I worked out and kind of got that I had at least worked out and done something good for myself. But having to post that today kind of made me

Ha ha ha! And there you have my answer in Smilies!

Seriously though, we went to Red Robin and I thought I was being okay with eating what I had. Turns out that was NOT the case. Otherwise I had done okay during the rest of the day.

The Rosehip supplement is for my knee actually, it's called iFlex, but really it is just a pill of ground Rosehip. There is an entire web site on the product (I-flex,Rosehips,Natural Joint Relief, Aching Joints, Aching Back), it has similar benefits as glucosamine or chondroitin. As for the fish oil, I truly believe it's absolutely wonderful - great for anti-inflammation properties, helps with infertility, menopause, lower triglycerides, increase good HDL cholesterol, etc. etc. etc. It has been wonderful for me really - I truly believe there are a ton of benefits from it!
Old 03-03-2011, 03:45 PM
Super Moderator

Julia, nice balance on the food log, girl!

Mike, not a failure, a temporary slip. You'll be back on track before you know it.

Muna, I am glad to hear you had a good day; you deserve a bright one. Hopefully things will continue to look up for you.

Jenny, Red Robin is teh evil!! When visiting my MD family over Thanksgiving, we met friends there. I was unfamiliar with it so I checked out the online nutrition information . But good for you, logging everything in. And as always, tomorrow is another day.

Well, here is the day. One I am not sorry is over!

1. Balance calories eaten with activity.Yes, Yes, Pretty much, Dead on; no deficit past couple days; that's okay
2. Balance carbs, fat, and protein. Yes, Yes, Pretty much-but at the outward limit of "balance" , Ditto
3. Balance work with home responsibilities. Pretty good, Great, Yes, Yes
4. Balance work & home responsibilities with recreation/down time, and family time. Yes, Fair, Yes, Yes
5. Balance short-term responsibilities with long-term projects. No, No long-term stuff today, Not really, A smidgen
6. Balance clinical work with administrative stuff. No, Yes, Yes, Yes
7. Balance sleeping and waking hours. Yes, Yes, Yes, Not so good
8. Balance exercise with cardio, strength, and flexibility. Cardio today (45 min run), Yoga in the AM and weights in the PM today, Day off today, Cardio (50 min run) today

Going to watch a clip on Dr. Oz's site before bed; there's something on there about his intervention with a 700 pound patient. Quite interesting.

Last edited by cjohnson728; 03-03-2011 at 03:48 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.