Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
Anyone wanna lose 60ish lbs with me? >

Anyone wanna lose 60ish lbs with me?

Community
Notices

Anyone wanna lose 60ish lbs with me?

Old 10-13-2010, 03:01 PM
FitDay Member

Default Anyone wanna lose 60ish lbs with me?

I'm 24 and just had my 3rd daughter a few months ago. I joined this site a few weeks ago and I'd like to join a group or find some buddies to weigh in with once a week. I'm about 5'11'' and I weigh 210. I'd like to eventually weigh about 160. For now I'm riding the exercise bike almost every day and trying to eat healthier by cutting out junk foods and eating smaller meals with healthy snacks. I'm also breastfeeding so that burns about 300-500 calories a day. Woot! I could do weight ins any day of the week... friday would probably be best though (before the weekend when all the face-stuffing happens ) ..... Anyone??? Also, I'm new to this whole forum thing and still trying to figure out how it works so I wouldn't mind any tips ;P
Old 10-14-2010, 06:08 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Mamatron
I'm 24 and just had my 3rd daughter a few months ago. I joined this site a few weeks ago and I'd like to join a group or find some buddies to weigh in with once a week. I'm about 5'11'' and I weigh 210. I'd like to eventually weigh about 160. For now I'm riding the exercise bike almost every day and trying to eat healthier by cutting out junk foods and eating smaller meals with healthy snacks. I'm also breastfeeding so that burns about 300-500 calories a day. Woot! I could do weight ins any day of the week... friday would probably be best though (before the weekend when all the face-stuffing happens ) ..... Anyone??? Also, I'm new to this whole forum thing and still trying to figure out how it works so I wouldn't mind any tips ;P
Hi Mamatron,

Congratulations on the new addition and on joining a great site. I see you have less to lose, but the ladies on the 100+ thread are terrific and we are all at different points in our journey. There are some fantastic ideas being shared over there if you'd care to join in. Also the Christmas challenge is something a lot of us have signed up for and you can join in by adding your name to the weekly check-in chain.

Have a great day, welcome and congratulations again, hope to see you on the threads mentioned soon,

Harpeg
Old 10-14-2010, 07:00 AM
FitDay Member

hey mama! i found this site today as well and i am trying to find a 'weight loss buddy'.. i have been doing it with my brother but he is a man... and we all know men have some sort of special button they push when losing weight that makes it go quick.

i am young lad like yourself, at the time being i am 175 after 200 in june.
i am wanting to start dancing daily / walking more.... i am sort of interested in doing photo updates with someone. my goal is 35-40lbs more to go as opposed to your 60...
Old 10-14-2010, 12:20 PM
FitDay Member

I'm in. I've been gaining and losing the same 4 pounds this year. I've lost all my baby weight breastfeeding but it all came back when I weaned and egypt is right about men. My husband only has to cut one thing out of his diet and he loses weight easy. I have to diet in a house where people eat junk in front of me and expect me to never indulge and then tell me I have no will power when I do. Followed by routine excerise in a schedule with no room. My job has a crazy schedule so I can't get some sort of routine going. The times are different daily.

Want to lose 50-60. I wish I had a workout buddy.
Old 11-02-2010, 03:00 PM
FitDay Member

I am a mother of 3 also but my youngest is 18 and I have been trying every since to lose weight, I have about 80 lbs to lose and I need all the help that I can get. I have been doing a lot of walking but I can't seem to stay away from sweets. I would like to have a weightloss buddy to keep me on task.
Old 11-04-2010, 06:18 AM
FitDay Member

Hey everyone. I have about 80lbs to lose. I've started and stopped many times...I guess I could say that I'm more determined than ever and will try to stick with it this time. Mostly I plan on just taking it one day at a time.

I joined FitDay in hopes of being able to chat with others and get some support motivation, and tips! Thanks for having me!

aggmp
Old 11-04-2010, 12:22 PM
FitDay Member

Cool Hello and welcome!

Hello and welcome New comers! I would love to have a buddy as well. I have 2 children that are 6 1/2 and 3 1/2. I have literally lost nearly nothing since the birth of my daughter! up until 2 months ago I weighed exactly the same as I did the day I came from the hospital from having her. Talk about desperate to lose weight!
I LOVE Fitday! I can track everything and it really helps me hold myself accountable. I would ideally love to lose about 65 pounds. That is my goal.
I would love to be anyones buddy if they'll have me.
Old 11-05-2010, 03:54 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by rdey2004
I'm in. I've been gaining and losing the same 4 pounds this year. I've lost all my baby weight breastfeeding but it all came back when I weaned and egypt is right about men. My husband only has to cut one thing out of his diet and he loses weight easy. I have to diet in a house where people eat junk in front of me and expect me to never indulge and then tell me I have no will power when I do. Followed by routine excerise in a schedule with no room. My job has a crazy schedule so I can't get some sort of routine going. The times are different daily.

Want to lose 50-60. I wish I had a workout buddy.
I am down! And yes, I put on about 15 pounds QUICKLY after I weaned. I am about 240 right now, I was 218 when I delivered my son a year ago (I lost about 20lbs when I was pregnant) and I am tired of being fat lol I am about 5'7", and my goal weight it 175, but I set my first goal to lose about 18lbs by the rest of the year. It is hard for me to incorporate exercise...need to motivate myself so for the time being I am at least cutting down what I eat and journaling.
Old 11-05-2010, 02:17 PM
FitDay Member

I want to join you! I've lost about 15 pounds over the last 6 weeks and am at 204. I'd like to get to around 155. I'm ancient compared to you - I'm almost 47 and just found out that I have a wonky thyroid so it will be interesting to see what happens as I continue to lose weight. I'm currently eating about 1550 cals/day and exercising intensly 3 days a week (small group training) and a bit more lightly at least 2 days a week. The last time I tried to lose weight I could NOT get below 176 even though I was eating pretty clean and training for a sprint triathlon. I'm hoping that by accurately tracking my calories, I'll be more successful this time - and I'm hoping that the thyroid meds will help even the playing field! We'll see - I've only been on the meds for about 2 weeks now.

Looking forward to getting to know you all better! - Jane
Old 11-05-2010, 02:34 PM
FitDay Member

Smile

Hi Jane,

Ancient here as well, same age as you, same medical condition, almost the same weight. I have had hypothryroidism (underactive) for 20 years and have taken synthroid in various doses (up to .175). A few months ago the Dr added Cytomel, and I was hoping to be one of the majority who have the pounds melt off of them - no such luck . So now I am on Atkins to try to lose 65-75 lbs.

I wish you much success with your medication and I want send best wishes to you and everyone in here and look forward to sharing our successes.

Last edited by Firewife518; 11-05-2010 at 02:38 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.