Notices

Keeping me accountable

Old 02-21-2011, 01:45 AM
FitDay Member

Default Keeping me accountable

I was looking for a way to make public my daily journal rants in order to keep my self accountable but as that isn't possible(not that I have found) I am going to post my writings here on a daily basis. I will not bore you by backtracking and posting all of my journal writings from the past week but will start new today. Please feel free to comment or not as you prefer, I just know that for me if I know someone else has read this it is going to keep me on my toes

Week one has come to an end and I am down 6.3 lbs and have lost .5" off my chest, 1.5" off my hips and .......Drum Roll please.......3 inches off my waist. I am more excited about the inches off my waist than the weight lost. Maybe this is a new revelation for me, I have always obsessed with the weight and never in the past did I do my measurements. Thank you Fit Day for starting me on the right path. My eating all week has been great but then I have mostly been home. With my job and having to travel a great deal and a lot of staying in hotels it will be much harder to behave on those weeks than this past week. I will take my laptop with me and keep track of my foods as much as possible. Now I am worrying about travelling and I don't know my work schedule beyond this week. I really do need to stop obsessing over things I have no control over and start concentrating more on things that I can control like all the thing I stuff in my face.

Snowing outside and has been all night think maybe I will walk to the grocery store later on instead of cleaning the snow off my car. That will be my excercise for the day.

Oh and just a small note, I didn't keep to my mini challenge yesterday of drinking two bottles of water, it was a coffee day as I was freezing all day. I will try again today.
Old 02-21-2011, 06:50 AM
Super Moderator

Hi, kajajo, sounds like your first week brought you some successes, which is always good. Congrats on those inches! It sounds like you have a crazy schedule coming up, but knowing your enemies and having a plan ahead of time to deal with things that might trip you up will go a long way.

If you are interested, we have a great accountability thread posted under the & Day Motivational Thread. Our new goals for the week started today; you make your own, as many or few as you want, and check back in througout the week. If you think that sounds good, I'm looking forward to seeing you over there!
Old 02-21-2011, 10:36 PM
FitDay Member

Well I am still alive, I actually drank water yesterday and lived to tell about it. Only 2 bottles but its a start, going to pick up some crystal light today, its gotta be better than plain water.

Started out on a walk to the store yesterday but by the time I was half a block away I turned around and came home, it was snowing, the temperature was -12 C and the wind was wipping in my face, just not worth frost bite to get in a little excercise.

In the afternoon I spent about 4 hours scrapping peeling paint from concrete block walls, I am trying to revamp the old shower in the basement so the boys will have thier own shower and stay out of my bathroom. My husband can go down their too. I should be able to finish scraping this morning then a trip to Home Depot for paint, going to have to do major research on this one, a paint that will stick to old paint, concrete block and will withstand 2 teenage boys taking hour long showers every day, and being the good mom that I am, I do NOT want to know why they need to take an hour in the shower. Scraping paint has to be considered excercise because I have muscles aching that I didn't even know I had.

Mini goal for today continue drinking water, at least 2 bottles or if I am really feeling like a rebel I could drink 3.

Dee
Old 02-23-2011, 11:54 AM
FitDay Member

Worked all day today, and did enough physical work to constitute excercise for the day. I was working close to home this week so was able to come home for lunch which means my eating for the day was great. I am still having a problem getting enough water in each day, forgot to pick up the crystal light yesterday. I can't even explain what it is I don't like about water, maybe its the fact that it is boring and tasteless and I would rather drink things that are sweet, even if they are sugar free.......Apartane is my best friend.....please no lectures on the harm it will do my body, I have heard it all before, I have sweeteners in my tea and coffee and I drink diet coke, I am not going to stop just because the artificial sweetener is bad for me, I have managed to cut about 90% of all sugar out of my diet, I read labels very carefully and have found that most products can be found without sugar if you look hard enough.

Finished painting and caulking the downstairs shower so hopefully by the weekend I can banish the boys from my bathroom. Going to buy a new showerhead, curtain and shower caddy tomorrow after work. I can't wait for the weekend so I can relax and kick back a little.

Dee
Old 02-24-2011, 04:35 AM
FitDay Member

I just love that you are exercising and doing home improvement at the same time! Doule duty! I hope to be doing the same thing once school is out, b/c I have a lot of indoor painting to do.
Old 02-24-2011, 05:41 AM
FitDay Member

Did you take your own measurements? I would like to do it, but do I need help?

Good job on the weight loss and inches lost last week! This is my first week so I'd like to add my measurements.
Old 02-24-2011, 07:34 AM
FitDay Member

Yes I did do my own measurements, a seamstresses tape measure and a stand up mirror are all that is necessary.

As for the home improvements, there are enough projects to do in this old house to keep me out of a gym for years.

OK todays accountability:

Another day of work over and found out that I am expected to work tomorrow, 1.5 hour drive and a major snow storm on the way tonight. Oh well I will make the call in the morning, I am not risking my life to drive that distance in bad weather, no job is worth taking that risk. Todays food choices have been great and I can already feel a difference with how tight my jeans are, or maybe I should say how loose they are becoming. Still a long way to go but for now my mini goal is to get into some of the size 10 jeans that have been hanging in my closet so long they are no longer in fashion, or maybe bellbottoms are coming back into fashion again, everything seems to come back into fashion at some point in time.

I am going to stop worrying about my lack of water intake, things are going in the right direction without drinking water so that is one less thing for me to obsess over. I will keep a few bottles of water in the trunk of my car for when I am working and if I drink it then I do, if I don't I don't.
Old 02-24-2011, 08:02 AM
FitDay Member

Congrats on your jeans feeling looser. It can be tough on your kidneys if you don't drink enough. I actually like water so I can't completely relate, but do try to get a bit in today. Your body will be happier!
Old 02-25-2011, 12:54 PM
FitDay Member

Thanks for the pep talk, and I will try with the water, but I never drink water even when in the past I dieted and lost lots of weight. 11 years ago when my youngest son was 3, I decided it was time to get rid of my baby fat (2 babies in 15 months) I was 208 lbs and in 6 months I dropped to 135 using weight watchers and working out daily at the gym, and even then no water. Of course I didn't keep it off but that was due to lack of willpower rather than lack of water.

Todays accountability:

What a day, the storm hit just as I was leaving for work, what should have been an hour drive took me 2 hours, the boss must have felt sorry for me, he let me leave early to avoid rush hour traffic and the horrible weather at the same time. Because I spent so much time on the road today I never did get around to eating lunch, so my calories are pretty low for the day. I am not going to eat more to try and make it up at this time of the night, so I will just have to deal with the consequences, hopefully an extra pound off on the scale on Monday when I do my official weekly weigh in.

So my thought for the day is about the scale, how often do you weigh in? are you a slave to the scale like I am and jump on every morning just to see if anything has happened, or are you good at only weighing in once a week? The disadvantage to weighing every day is that some days I actually eat great but still put on a few ounces (yes my scale is that precice)and then I have in the past gotten discouraged and sabotaged my eating. This actually happened 2 days this week, the few ounces gained not the sabotage, but thank goodness things were going back in the right direction today, and I stuck to my good eating plan even with the slight gains.
Old 02-25-2011, 10:39 PM
FitDay Member

Some foods are so hard to calculate, the grocery store has a number of premade salads so I find myself having to guess the amount for each ingredient, last night I had a premade garden salad with cheese, it was mostly lettuce with only a small amount of tomato, cucumber, peppers and onions. This morning I am planning to eat a small premaid fresh fruit salad with melon, pineapple, grapes and blueberries, the only way I will be able to figure out the calories is to count each individual peice of fruit and guess the weight of the melon. This seems like a lot of work, why can't the store figure out this information and add it to the labels. One of the grocery stores makes an amazing broccoli and cheese salad, but I have no idea what is in the dressing so I won't buy it because I can't count the calories. Any suggestions??

Its Saturday and we have no hockey to go to so the day is all mine, one son plays the other is a referee. I will finish the basement shower and get all the laundry done, I am on nights next week so will be sleeping during the day, this will be a good test of how well I eat. Going to buy a mini cooler today so I can pack healthy foods to take to work with me. My night shift runs Monday to Thursday from 8 pm til 6 am and I am generally starving when I get home so planning foods for the night will be the key.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.