Notices

Keeping me accountable

Old 08-24-2011, 09:20 AM
FitDay Member

Hope the news from hubby is good. Way to go on the walk, I still haven't found my iPod, guess it's a goner. Need to look at getting a new one or my walking will stand still ( pun intended). Also glad you managed to get a sound sleep, they say that not getting enough sleep can actually have an adverse effect on your ability to lose weight, go figure.
Old 08-25-2011, 12:09 AM
FitDay Member

Hubby will have an answer in the next 2 weeks, they ended by saying if they decide to hire him he will have to get a police check, a drug test and a physical, he might not pass one of those and it isn't the police check or the drug test. If they decide to do Xrays they will see a past back injury, he hasn't had any problems with his back in 10 years, but on an Xray it shows up as a dark spot, this has bitten him on the butt with jobs in the past so now we are worrying again.
That was enough to set me off, after having my walk/run yesterday and eating great all day, everyone went to bed and I sabotaged my entire day. I have to find a better way to deal with stress than eating. Anyone have any suggestions?
Well its nice and cool out this morning after the horrible storm we had last night (tornado warnings) so I will put my goals for the day up later, right now I am going to throw on some sweats and get my butt out the door. Maybe I can undo at least one of the bowls of cereal I shoved down my throat last night.

Back again and did 5 km today and ran half of that, my thighs are burning but it feels really good.

So the only healthy goals I have for today are:

1. Journal all food
2. No late night sabotage (find an alternate plan to eating)

Work agreements today

1. Bring the furniture out of son #2's room
2. Take son #1 to get eye glasses
3. Take out the garbage to the road
4. Vacuum the basement (kids game room)

Last edited by kajajo; 08-25-2011 at 01:32 AM.
Old 08-25-2011, 06:17 AM
FitDay Member

I am very impressed with your running. On the sabotage front I have no easy answers, sometimes I know I am doing it because I'm upset or angry so I put some music on and try to drown out my feelings. Other times I just feel the need to stuff my face, usually after a glass or two of vino, and not much will stop me. However these days it usually only lasts for a day as I don't let myself dwell on my slip ups.
I'll keep everything crossed for the job.
Old 08-26-2011, 03:42 AM
FitDay Member

Well I did everything on my to do list yesterday except vacuum the basement, I made the kids clean it as its their mess. I may have over done the running yesterday, I can barely walk today my thighs hurt so much. I didn't open a cupboard or fridge last night except to get out a diet soda. So for today my healthy promises to myself are:
1. Journal everything I eat
2. Go for a walk to stretch out my legs (no running today)
3. Walk to store to pick up sons glasses
4 No night time eating

Work agreements for today
1. Work in garden pulling out any plants that are done, unless it rains which it looks like it might, in that case I will start taking off the baseboards in sons room ready for rewiring
Old 08-28-2011, 08:26 AM
FitDay Member

I have been doing really well with the night time binges, which is surprising as hubby found out Friday he was not being considered for the job he thought he was a shoe in for. I have been journalling everything and have done great with my eating. I can't wait to see what the number is in the morning, on a guess I would say 3 lbs this week. Gave myself the weekend off from walking/running as too many bits were hurting, will get out tomorrow for sure. I am even looking forward to it.
Old 08-28-2011, 11:16 PM
FitDay Member

Well I did lose this week but last night I also managed to sabotage what I had been doing so well at. Everyone was in bed except me and I just couldn't stay out of the damn kitchen. Anyway today is another day and I am down 2.6 lbs. So as soon as I finish my wake up tea I am going to get dressed and go for a walk/run. I have no set plans for the rest of the day, once hubby is up we will figure out what we are doing, probably yard work as it is a beautiful day out there. Boys have to register for highschool this week and I am working 1 day(Thursday) Have a wonderful day all.
Old 08-29-2011, 01:03 AM
FitDay Member

So sorry about the bad news on Hubby's job. It is so difficult for many people at present finding work, but I'll keep on hoping for you both to get something that suits. Dealing with pressures like that can make anyone cave in and turn to our preferred solace. Like you I would hunt the kitchen just to find things to put in my mouth and when I've been really low I'd keep on eating even when I was starting to feel ill and I'd eat things that I didn't even like.
However you did manage a good weight loss, looks liKe you're back with a bang, keep it up and when I get back from hols and check in I want to see some more lbs down, I know you can do it, and I also know it must be hard for you at the moment but this is one area of your life that you can control and think how you'll look fit and healthy at any interviews.
Old 08-29-2011, 09:56 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks Lizzie and again have a wonderful holiday. I went for a nice long walk this morning and ran even farther than any of the jogs last week. I might be ready for that half marathon next May after all. If it wasn't for the burning in my lungs I could probably run forever, the legs are feeling better and better every time I go out. Going to have to keep my eyes open for a used treadmill so I can continue once the snow starts to fall.
Old 08-30-2011, 12:48 AM
FitDay Member

No night time snacking last night so I am high fiving myself. Dinner is already in the slow cooker, so I am heading out for my morning walk before it gets too hot outside. Taking the boys school shopping this afternoon so lots of walking getting done today.
Old 08-31-2011, 03:56 AM
FitDay Member

I walked for an hour and a half yesterday did around 8 km, maybe more I would have to drive the route to be sure. I actually ended up with a blister on my heel, so not walking too far today. I have to work tomorrow so will get lots of walking and excercising done at work. Another night with no munchies, I just have to keep myself busy, ended up on the phone with my mother for an hour before I went to bed so that kept me out of the fridge.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.