Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 2/21/11

Old 02-25-2011, 09:57 AM
FitDay Member

lol @ mike
Old 02-25-2011, 10:52 AM
FitDay Member

TGIF! Hope everyone has had a good week! We're in the midst of ANOTHER major snowstorm here about 40 cm predicted plus, rain, hail, freezing rain and high winds. Nice. DD and I just rented a movie for the evening. Hopefully, the power won't go out!!!

Update:
1. no scales till Friday - yes, yes, yes, yes!!
2. log all food on Fitday - yes, yes, yes, yes, yes!!
3. get to gym every day for at least cardio - yes, yes, yes, yes, yes!
4. get summer clothes out to prepare for trip - not yet! TONIGHT
5. oil change in vehicle - DONE!

Have a great weekend, everyone! I hope to be able to check in more often next week to see how everyone is doing. All the best to you on reaching your goals throughout the weekend

CHEERS!
Old 02-25-2011, 11:38 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
lol, looks like Stacey already did.
alm keeper, I can work with that. Almost sounds like a non-profit position, or someone that takes care of crazy old mountain men.
Old 02-25-2011, 11:46 AM
FitDay Member

Friday Report Card

Health and fitness goals:

1. Keep calories to 1,500 and 2,000 Fri-Sat. 1,493, 1,433, 2,055, 2,667, 1,500
2. Workout 6 hours. 1:03, 1:18, 1:15, 0:38, 0:42 (Total 4:56)
3. Drink 96oz water. YES, YES, YES, YES, YES
4. Calorie deficit 3,500 for the week (average 500/day). -762, -1,049, -396, +256, -945 (Total 2,896)
5. Limit grain based carbs to 2 servings/day or less. NO 4, YES 2, NO 4, YES 2, YES 2
6. Eat 5 servings of fruits & veggies/day. YES, YES, YES, YES, YES
7. Keep carbs to 45% or less. NO 54%, YES 45%, NO 57%, NO 51%, So close 46%

Non-fitness goals:

8. Apply mascara 5X. NO, NO, YES, NO, NO
9. Average 6 items/day from the "LIST". NO, NO, NO 2, NO 1, NO 3
10. Clean out one small area of the basement. NO, NO, NO, NO, NO
11. Clean out pantry cupboards. NO, NO, NO, NO, NO Maybe I'll get to it on Sunday
12. Clean 2 rooms daily (15 min each) and 1 load of laundry. NO, NO, 2 out of 3, NO, 1 out of 3
13. Finish DD's Bloomer dress. Getting there, one piece left to do, Almost done, 2 pieces left to trim, 6 buttons and 1 piece of trim left
14. Call Grandma. YES!!!
15. Register for race and call SIL about same. NO, NO, NO, NO, NO Go away big green monster!

Did really well on calories today, did not cave in to serious amounts of temptation, didn't nibble my way through the day, not an extra crumb, even had enough calories for a couple of small slices of pizza and a bottle of beer for dinner. One thing I can say for sure about living on a deficit, I'm like the cheapest date ever. One beer and I'm sort of loopy, it used to take 2-6 more before I would even get a little buzzy.

Last edited by almeeker; 02-25-2011 at 10:38 PM. Reason: Had hot cocoa after posting report card.
Old 02-25-2011, 01:10 PM
FitDay Member

I let myself get too hungry and then devoured chicken wings instead of waiting for my lovely SO to finish prepping the chicken breast. So I hit 2000 on a non-cheat day. Hopefully my body will think that I'm purposefully following a zig-zag diet. 'Eh, 'eh?
Old 02-25-2011, 01:38 PM
FitDay Member

almeeker - GREAT job on your health and fitness goals this week!
Old 02-25-2011, 03:20 PM
Super Moderator

1. Balance the pie chart (no numbers, just balance). Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes
2. Achieve a 250 calorie deficit daily. Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes
3. Sleep 7 hours a night. Yes, Nope, woke up in awful pain in my shoulder, No-budgeted the time but woke up 1/2 hour too early and couldn't get back to sleep! ditto today, No- had new range delivered 7:30 AM and crisis ensued
4. Turn off all the electronics at least half an hour before bed, and read. Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes
5. Exercise outside one day this week, preferably two. Not yet Yes-oodles of Vitamin D today! Yes, weather is gorgeous!
6. Exercise at least once this week with friends and/or family members. Hubby bailed on me halfway through yoga Yes-tennis with my son, Yep, tennis with hubby today
7. Incorporate a stretching/flexibility workout into the mix twice this week. Yes, Yes
8. Dress nicely and make an effort at minimal makeup even if not working that day; the pushed-for-time grad student look is old now. While I was out, yes; changed into the grubbies to make bread, Yes, until workout at 4 PM; Yes, till after workout, Half the day, Yes
9. Meditate on three things daily I'm grateful for. Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes

Practical stuff:

10. One office organizational task daily. Yes, Yes, Yes-albeit a little one , No, Yes
11. One room's trim painted (long shot-we're at a tournament next weekend and that shoots that, but school is out this week and work is slow, so maybe it will happen). Not yet
12. Keep working on short, mid and long range financial plans with hubby. Yes

Enjoy your weekend, everyone!
Old 02-26-2011, 12:58 AM
FitDay Member

Default jumping in

Hi everyone. I thought I'd join in since this looks like a really active thread. I've been steadily gaining weight for a while now, some I blame on getting older and the rest is my own fault. I am trying to clean up my act and ultimately eat a lot healthier than I had been. I've been on Fitday for 2 weeks and I've been really good about logging everything and keeping my calories low, low, low. Had a huge drop the first week but most of that I attribute to hormonal issues, bloating, time of day that I first weighed in..blah blah blah. I knew the scale would reflect a good drop but I wanted to begin fitday. This second week my weight is down about a pound which is low considering how good I've been but at least I know it is bodyfat and not fluid retention. At this point I have about 14 pounds to go and then I might need to tweek it a few pounds. I'll know when I get there. At one time I was at that weight (135) and I looked and felt good but I'm not sure how much muscle is under my bodyfat at this point. If I still have a lot then 135 will be appropriate but if I've lost most of it because I don't work out as often as I used to then I might need to drop a few pounds lower than my goal. I am shooting for the beginning of June but hoping to reach my goals before then. At least I know I reached this weeks goal of keep off the weight loss and losing one more pound..although my official weigh in day is tomorrow...I have been getting on the scale out of curiosity. Good luck to everyone else in reaching your goals this week!
Cindy
Old 02-26-2011, 01:44 AM
FitDay Member

weight:
~ food wise stick with my plan M No, T yes 83%, W 83%, T yes, F yes
~ log all foods i've eaten M no, T yes, W yes, T yes, F yes
~ do cardio 6 days yes 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
~ do strength training 6 days, yes 1, 2, 3, 4
~ get 90 oz of water in M yes, T yes, W yes, T yes, F yes
~ continue to not emotionally eat. be real with what i'm feeling at the moment & talk to someone, write it down, come here & vent, but don't stuff my feelings down with food.M yes, T yes, W yes, T yes, F yes
~ be honest to myself when weighing myself .M yes, T yes, W yes, T yes, F yes

non weight goals:
~ put effort in every day in what i'm wearing & how i look.M yes, T yes, W yes, T yes, F yes
~ get back to my routine in organizing my house. not yet
Old 02-26-2011, 02:00 AM
FitDay Member

Michelle ~ we are getting a bunch of snow here this morning as well sigh. hope your power didn't go out last night.

almeeker ~ i totally feel you about the beer one glass of wine right now makes me giddy...lol. awesome jobs with the calories & exercise woo hoo.

mystery ~ welcome to the thread. this is a great place for motivation.

please help you guys. i have a scouting function this weekend & tonight another cub/scout troop is feeding us & it will probably be pizza, ~sigh~ i can't really eat pizza. so i'm not sure what to do. if it's at a restaurant i can just order myself a salad no issue, but if they are ordering in & i think they are i really don't have much choice....hmmm i could take my supper with me. hey that's an idea. i think i'll just take supper with me. i used to do that all the time take food with me when i lost the majority of me weight. Well there you go i figured it out...lol

i'm having issues with my scale ~sigh~ i did lose that water weight so that is good. i have a bad habit of getting on the scale every day. i did that when i lost my 83 lbs. so when i got on the scale every day it would either be the same or go down. it wouldn't go up. however now that some of the weight has come back on i still weigh every day i now have a new scale that shows partial pounds like .8 of a lb & now when i get on it i will go up .8, or .4 every other day or so. now i know that's normal. i know it has happened to other people, but it's playing with my mind as i haven't seen it with my old scale. my clothes are looser i know that. i'm getting my toned arms again woo hoo. so i know i'm doing the right things. i think one of my goals is to not weigh myself more than once a week.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.