Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 2/21/11

Old 02-23-2011, 09:16 AM
FitDay Member

here but feeling crappy. have almost no voice ~sigh~ plus i have cubs tonight blah. don't feel like going, but i'm done work here in 30 mins. boyfriend is acting 'special' not sure what's up with him today.
Old 02-23-2011, 09:55 AM
FitDay Member

Getting motivated a little late in the week, but I have been dancing my toes off the last few days and have had little time on the computer. Two and a half weeks to dance competition!

1.At least 64 oz water Yes
2.More fruits and veggiesYes
3 Fit in workout at gym 4 times this week-Two so far!
4.In bed by 10 p.m. YES
5.No eating before bedNo

Hope to be able to sit down and read everyone's post. I like how Mern writes to everyone. Sometimes I can just read hers and catch up on how everyone is.
Old 02-23-2011, 12:03 PM
FitDay Member

Goals:
1) Think of positive things daily Er....T-I went to Salvation Army and bought myself a $9 wool Ann Taylor coat. W-wearing sneakers everyday to work means my back, feet, and hips don't hurt anymore
2) Try to stay under 1800 cal's per day NO, NO, NO (not counting, that bad, at least 2000-2500!)
3) Try to work out 160 minutes this week M-50, NO, W-20 min light weights/pilates

Last edited by rubypeanut; 02-23-2011 at 01:31 PM. Reason: (after logging, I did some exercises! didn't break a sweat but something is better than nothing, right?)
Old 02-23-2011, 01:06 PM
FitDay Member

OK. Wednesday is done. Here's how things went today:
1. no scales till Friday - yes, yes, yes
2. log all food on Fitday - yes, yes, yes
3. get to gym every day for at least cardio - yes, yes, yes
4. get summer clothes out to prepare for trip - not yet!
5. oil change in vehicle - dropping truck off tonight when DH gets home from hockey

A big "thank you" to Mern - she's like a rock to a lot of us - always reading and posting responses to lift us up, keep us smiling, and coming back! You're an angel among us!

To everyone who is struggling with ANY and ALL issues and situations in your lives right now, KEEP THE FAITH. You're all in my prayers.

Cheers,
Old 02-23-2011, 01:41 PM
FitDay Member

Stacey, feel better soon.

Mambogirl and Michelle, thanks for your nice comments about my posts. It may seem like it because this thread is so active, but I don't respond to everyone--only to those for whom I have a comment at that time. I'm pretty yacky sometimes, but other times I don't have much time to spend on the computer.

I love how everyone is so supportive and helpful. Golly, I certainly wouldn't be doing well without the other members of this group encouraging me all along the way. It's so nice to have people with whom to share the journey to better health. My sincere thanks to all of YOU.
Old 02-23-2011, 02:17 PM
FitDay Member

Default Report card for Wednesday

Mern, your kale with cinnamon sounds pretty tasty and healthy. How do you prepare it? Also I have to echo Mambogirl's and NB-PEmom's sentiment, you really are such a wonderful and thoughtful Fitday member. You are our jewel. Thank you so much for being so supportive. It really is appreciated!

Stacey, I hope you feel better very soon!

I had a long exhausting day and didn't eat dinner until 9pm which is not very good but I had a little piece of chicken and some brussels sprouts. It may be odd but I just LOVE brussels sprouts. They are one of my favorite veggies. Yummy!

1. Eat between 1300-1550 calories per day: YES 1300 / YES (1304) / YES (1360)
2. Keep carbs under 35%: YES 30% / YES 28% / YES 30%
3. Take my multivitamin: YES / YES / YUP
4. 30 Day Shred 4X: YES / YES / YES!
5. Gym 3X:
6. Drink 2.5 liters water per day: YES / DONE! / YES!
Old 02-23-2011, 02:36 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by quinnesec
Jess,

Your signature says it all... Stay positive and stay on track. That's the key to everything in life. Working together, the two of you will find a solution as things unfold and grow closer in the process. The solution is always right before your eyes... sometimes you just have to squint to see it!
Thank you Quinn and yea we got some extra time today but it's an unknown time- could be a matter of 2 months, or 12 months or some where in between, the government is not very precise nor do they have a bit of kindness or compassion in their hearts- I feel, at least not in Michigan. All they want is money no matter what the cost is to others. But I'm taking things one day at a time and just enjoying things more and laughing at what others complain about on facebook but hey if we are homeless for a few months then it would be a kind of fun learning experience (I don't know why but I find adventure in ruffing it out) and there won't be any snow on the ground.
Old 02-23-2011, 02:38 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by staceyalberta
muna ~ good job on controlling the biscuit habit that's a huge thing. glad to be back in my routine. i missed coming on here...lol.

julia ~ have you ever watched super sized vs super skinny? its a british show that you can seen on youtube very interesting. i don't think i could have watched that doco about the 600 lb woman.

jess ~ *waves* hope boyfriend is feeling better soon.

i'm going to just keep my goals the same this week until i reach them & with the long weekend i certainly didn't...lol, but i made good choices still. last 4 days i've been having a sore throat & now a cough, but i don't feel like i have a cold. very strange. have bellydance tonight woo hoo, shimmy my booty away...lol. Friday i get a massage mmmmm love my massages!!!!!!!!!!
Thank you! He is close to 100% now but I am trying to figure out how I have not gotten sick the past two times, in one month, he has. I don't care if I get sick honestly because I feel its way to detox the body and I haven't been sick since the summer but alas no sickness for me which is also a good thing lol
Old 02-23-2011, 02:45 PM
FitDay Member

1. Eat at least every 3 hours Wed- Could use some work but not too bad
2. Drink 3 bottles of water, or more, before midnight. Wed- Yep
3. Get back to exercising- at least once before Sunday at Midnight.
4. Take things one day at a time Wed- Yes

1. Organize the bedroom
2. Go to the bank and finish IRS stuffs
3. Finish any College Paperwork - just one paper left I think
Old 02-23-2011, 04:27 PM
Super Moderator

Wednesday check-in:

1. Balance the pie chart (no numbers, just balance). Yes, Yes, Yes
2. Achieve a 250 calorie deficit daily. Yes, Yes, Yes
3. Sleep 7 hours a night. Yes, Nope, woke up in awful pain in my shoulder, No-budgeted the time but woke up 1/2 hour too early and couldn't get back to sleep!
4. Turn off all the electronics at least half an hour before bed, and read. Yes, Yes, Yes
5. Exercise outside one day this week, preferably two. Not yet Yes-oodles of Vitamin D today!
6. Exercise at least once this week with friends and/or family members. Hubby bailed on me halfway through yoga Yes-tennis with my son
7. Incorporate a stretching/flexibility workout into the mix twice this week. Yes
8. Dress nicely and make an effort at minimal makeup even if not working that day; the pushed-for-time grad student look is old now. While I was out, yes; changed into the grubbies to make bread, Yes, until workout at 4 PM; Yes, till after workout
9. Meditate on three things daily I'm grateful for. Yes, Yes, Yes

Practical stuff:

10. One office organizational task daily. Yes, Yes, Yes-albeit a little one
11. One room's trim painted (long shot-we're at a tournament next weekend and that shoots that, but school is out this week and work is slow, so maybe it will happen). Not yet
12. Keep working on short, mid and long range financial plans with hubby. Yes

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.