Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
25th Birthday in May - I Want To Be Skinny! >

25th Birthday in May - I Want To Be Skinny!

Community
Notices

25th Birthday in May - I Want To Be Skinny!

Old 02-18-2011, 05:04 PM
FitDay Member

Cool 25th Birthday in May - I Want To Be Skinny!

With the big 2-5 looming in my near future, I realize I no longer want to be the chubby girl with a cute face. My goal is to be hot for my birthday for once in my life!

I hopped on a scale about 2 weeks ago for the first time in months, and as the numbers started to get WAY too close to 200, I immediately jumped back off that awful contraption.

I need some support and motivation, please!! Anyone want to lose 50 pounds (or more) with me?

Thanks ladies!
Old 02-19-2011, 12:21 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome almad960. I know how you feel. Im going to be 26 in March and although i have lost a good amount of weight so far i really want to get to goal so i can enjoy at least some of my twenties. Time goes by so fast and i have spent all my teenage years and most of my twenties depressed about my weight and feeling like an outsider. The thing is now thats in the past for both of us and now its time to focus on getting to a weight that we feel happy with.
Old 02-19-2011, 11:55 AM
FitDay Member

I absolutely agree, Tracey. I have been overweight all of my adult life. Even as a kid, and through high school and college, I was always chubby. I feel that my weight has stood in the way of me living my life to the fullest. I am tired of my weight holding me back.

I have yo-yo dieted my entire life, and I know I do not want to continue to do so as I get older. I want to be able to enjoy my life, instead of counting calories everyday.
Old 02-19-2011, 01:00 PM
FitDay Member

While I cannot say that I have been overweight my whole life, as this is something that has become a problem in the last 6 years since I started working full time (aka sitting on my butt in a chair at a desk for the most part), I think you can get a lot of motivation from these threads on this forum! So you are in the right place!

I NEED to lose a total of 83lbs...at least that is what I *want* to lose

I have been posting in the Motivational thread that is also located in this particular forum, and it has kept me on track pretty much this week - something about having to post how you did for the day keeps you a little more accountable So something you might want to check out!

Otherwise, there are also a ton of other threads here to check out as well.

Good Luck, I am confident you can make a big change by May!