Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
Motivational Thread Starting 2/14/10 >

Motivational Thread Starting 2/14/10

Community
Notices

Motivational Thread Starting 2/14/10

Old 02-20-2011, 04:26 PM
Super Moderator

Mern, have you tried putting ice on your lower back? I'm glad the pain is going away with rest, though.

64rhoda, I sincerely hope the snot fest is over for you soon. It's very frustrating to have a cold you can't shake.

Mary, I had one of those nights Friday. Although I probably went over 2300; unlike you, I just stopped journaling . Good for you; hope today was better.

mambo, once my housekeeper and chef are done here, I'll send them up to you (but don't hold your breath!).

mhibdon, everything is a step forward, a lesson learned. Be gentle with yourself

So, finishing out the week:

1. Balance the pie chart (no numbers, just balance). Yep, Yes-not great but acceptable, No, Yep, Nope, Yep, Yep
2. Sleep 7 hours a night. Yep, Yep, Yep, Yep, No, No-sick boy got me up too early today
3. Turn off all the electronics at least half an hour before bed, and read. No-report from last night, since tonight hasn't happened yet Yep, Yep, Yep, Yep, Yep, Yep
4. Exercise outside one day this week, preferably two. Not today, Yep, Yep
5. Exercise at least once this week with friends and/or family members. Not today Yep, Yep-met some new folks at a class
6. Incorporate a stretching/flexibility workout into the mix twice this week. Not yet, Yep-pilates, Yep-yoga
7. Dress nicely and make an effort at minimal makeup even if not working that day; the pushed-for-time grad student look is old now. Yep, Yep-worked today, but left on the nice clothes and makeup to run to the store after dinner, Yep, but had to work, so I would've done it anyway, Yep, Yep-stayed in makeup and nice but comfy clothes after court, Yep, Nope; painting and cleaning; it didn't seem worth it!
8. Do an at-home mani-pedi this week (this is something I won't spend money on). Not yet
9. Use my gift card from Christmas to buy something for myself that is not entirely practical. Will be over the weekend
10. List two things daily that I didn't/couldn't/wouldn't do before that now I do, can, and will. Yep, Yep-putting them in the journal, Nope-got busy & forgot; will do 4 Thurs. Yep-all caught up, No, No, Yep

And of course, with a nod to reality:

11. One office organizational task daily. Nope, come on; it's Valentine's Day! Yep, Half of one, Yep-and finished yesterday's, Yep, Nope, Yep-big dent today
12. One room's trim painted by the end of the weekend. Will have to wait for the weekend Yes! Took freaking forever today!
13. Keep working on short, mid and long range financial plans with hubby. Will also wait for the weekend Yes; we did well today with tax stuff

So I had to let a few goals slip; the mani-pedi and the gift card. The boy needed his mama nearby today and by the time I was ready for the girly stuff, I had to get my sneaks on and exercise. However, since it's technically a long weekend, I still have Monday, so I'll try to do both then .
Old 02-21-2011, 02:14 AM
FitDay Member

Again - love your posts and energy, everyone. Lots of success and good humor out there!

Mike, fun to see your weight graph. Mine looks like a drunken sailor going from bar to bar, but the line is steadily going downward. I've been watching my graph compulsively. Gotta stop that! But I have to say, when I get crazed results happen.

Thought I'd drop in this morning and do quick reads through the posts. Seems like everyone has lots of positive things from last week. Although early in the week I was still recovering from my cold/flu, I got back on track by Friday, full of my usual energy.

I felt pretty good about my goals. Lost a pound this week--met that goal! Didn't meet cardio goals, but this week should be better. Managed 3-4 total body weight workouts (goal of 2). And I didn't meet my average calorie deficit of 400-600 from workouts. Had a GREAT week in my studio--very productive. Lots of shows coming up so there's no choice!

Diet/Fitness goals
1) 1300 cal/day, under 30% fat (adjust down from 1600 because I've been around 1000)
2) 400-600 calorie deficit through exercise alone by doing:
a) cardio 5X/week
b) weights, 2X/week-full body
4) 8+ glasses of water daily

Personal Project Goals:
1) Spend at least 4 days/week working in my studio
2) Work in home office--got some deadlines (taxes, side jobs, etc)

Height: 5'4.5" (and shrinking!)
Start Weight 1/1: 135
Weight 2/21: 127.5
Goal 2/28: 126.5 (getting harder!)
4/1/11 Goal: still 122
Old 02-23-2011, 02:37 AM
FitDay Member

weight:
~ food wise stick with my plan M No, T yes 83%
~ log all foods i've eaten M no, T yes,
~ do cardio 6 days yes 1, 2
~ do strength training 6 days, yes 1,
~ get 90 oz of water in M yes, T yes
~ continue to not emotionally eat. be real with what i'm feeling at the moment & talk to someone, write it down, come here & vent, but don't stuff my feelings down with food.M yes, T yes
~ be honest to myself when weighing myself .M yes, T yes

non weight goals:
~ put effort in every day in what i'm wearing & how i look.M yes, T yes, W yes
~ get back to my routine in organizing my house. not yet
Old 02-23-2011, 02:40 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by staceyalberta
weight:
~ food wise stick with my plan M No, T yes 83%
~ log all foods i've eaten M no, T yes,
~ do cardio 6 days yes 1, 2
~ do strength training 6 days, yes 1,
~ get 90 oz of water in M yes, T yes
~ continue to not emotionally eat. be real with what i'm feeling at the moment & talk to someone, write it down, come here & vent, but don't stuff my feelings down with food.M yes, T yes
~ be honest to myself when weighing myself .M yes, T yes

non weight goals:
~ put effort in every day in what i'm wearing & how i look.M yes, T yes, W yes
~ get back to my routine in organizing my house. not yet
wrong week??
Old 02-23-2011, 04:02 AM
FitDay Member

25 minutes swiming and 1 hour fitness class. Love the new Y here. Now to watch my calories in!
Old 02-23-2011, 04:22 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
wrong week??
nope. i'm keeping the same goals this week until i have them under control. monday i wasn't on my food plan, but i did make good choices.
Old 02-23-2011, 04:41 AM
FitDay Member

Kumochi ~ good job on getting your exercise in.

sandi ~ i like watching my weight graph too. i find the reports fun

cassie ~ sounds like you had a nice productive Saturday

mern ~ my guy wants to eat what i'm eating to show his support he'll just eat a larger portion usually ...lol.

muna ~ glad you enjoyed the pool & gym woo hoo that's awesome.

jen ~ 'they' say not to weigh yourself more than once a week, but i usually am on it more than that...lol. if you can do once a week same day, same time then that's best.
Old 02-23-2011, 05:05 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by staceyalberta
nope. i'm keeping the same goals this week until i have them under control. monday i wasn't on my food plan, but i did make good choices.
I'm confused . LOL

oops, I though that you meant to post the update in the thread for this week, not last week...
Old 02-23-2011, 05:07 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
I'm confused . LOL

oops, I though that you meant to post the update in the thread for this week, not last week...
oh lord i posted in the wrong week duh NEVER MIND i understand you now &....you are right WRONG WEEK
Old 02-23-2011, 05:22 AM
FitDay Member

Tuesday's achievements:
Calorie limit 1600, actual 1597 (went to bed early so I wouldn't eat

more.)
Carbs less fiber limit 25g, actual 18.5g
Protein goal 110g, actual 138.5

Water goal 64 oz. achieved

Exercise goal was .9 mile. Got to .96 mile walking at the shopping mall non-stop. Pain level got to 9--10 would mean having to stop for 1-2 minutes to rest.

Mary, I agree on the importance of logging in when we're off the wagon. I, too, prefer to exercise early in the day--if I don't do it then, there's a good chance I won't do it at all. That's quite a drive to work--big chunk out of your day! Congrats on your exercise at the Y! Way to go!

Almeeker! Excellent Tuesday health and fitness goals report! Way to go!

Quinn, oh, I'm so glad I misunderstood. I thought you were having trouble resisting bread. Wow, your weight loss is awesome, by the way! I look forward to the day I can begin maintenance. Long time away, but I'll get there.

Rose, thanks for your encouragement on my walking. You're doing great on your goals this week. Congrats on your fitness achievement! That's truly awesome, girl!

Taubele, aw, I hope your back gets better soon! Hard to reach that 64 oz., isn't it? I have to deliberately plan mine out--24 oz. by the end of breakfast, 20 more by the end of lunch, and the last 20 by the end of dinner. If I get behind that schedule I either pay for it by too frequent potty breaks or don't reach my water goal at all. You and I share the same mini-goal to get under 200. You're a lot closer than I, though. I hope your doctor appointment goes well.

Rubypeanut, wishing you and your daughter well! I'm glad you were entertained by my kale and orange pop snack. LOL I actually sprinkled my cold kale with cinnamon and enjoyed that. "Variety is the spice of life." Congrats on those 20 weeks maintained!

mhibdon, congrats on walking to the gym. I know that took a lot, but I'm curious as to why you psyched yourself out. Good for you for TRADING your cheat day instead of taking an extra one. That's admirable!

Cassie, hope your shoulder heals quickly. I think that's great to meditate daily on three things you're grateful for. Thanks for your kind thoughts and suggestion, but no, I haven't tried ice on my lower back. It only takes 1-2 minutes rest sitting down to almost completely alleviate the pain. It's from an old injury back in 1977--fell backwards off a step ladder and hit my back on the rim of a metal bucket. Regular family physician didn't do anything except tell me to stay off my feet until my back healed. That was impossible with a 5 month old infant. So I guess it never healed right. I just learned to live with the pain--BUT I'm building up my walking stamina. Last week I could only do .4 mile, today I did a whole mile.

Jacqueline, my heart goes out to your mother-in-law, you, and DH! You surely do have a lot on your plate. Wishing you all peace, love, and happiness as well.

Michelle, you're doing great! Wishing you a wonderful vacation!

Sandi, congrats on that pound lost! Way to go. Glad you had a good week at the studio.

Stacey, it's great that your guy wants to eat what you eat in order to show his support. Mine eats what I eat plus he sometimes adds some carby stuff like potatoes, corn, beans, rice, etc. that I can't eat because I'm managing my pre-diabetes blood sugar without meds.

Last edited by Mern; 02-23-2011 at 05:26 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.