Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
No More Flapping Flab in February - 100+ Ladies Thread >

No More Flapping Flab in February - 100+ Ladies Thread

Community
Notices

No More Flapping Flab in February - 100+ Ladies Thread

Old 02-14-2011, 10:46 AM
FitDay Member

Hi please could i join this group. I know that i dont have 100+ pounds to lose but i have lost 80lbs and counting so i can relate to alot of issues that might crop up on this thread.
There was a thread that was for 30+ ladies but it doesnt seem to be there anymore and i want a regular thread that i can post in.
Im doing the weightwatchers new propoints plan and weigh in every monday morning. I will try and post everyday if i can and will be here to offer any advice and to give support and encouragement to all those who need it.
I have 25 pounds to lose and really want ot to be off by the end of the year. Preferbably by summer months so i dont need to spend another year in lng tops cos im ashamed of my flabby arms.
Im positive that my head is in the right place and that im determined to get to goal so i hope that i can be a positive newcomer if you all accept me to join.
Tracey x
Old 02-15-2011, 02:33 PM
FitDay Member

Welcome psycho-hope and Tracey. It's great to have you with us! And of course you are welcome to join in. The thread has been a little quiet lately, but don't be intimidated by that and feel free to post away. We just need to jump start it a bit!

We have a variety of different people with different weights to lose, so you don't have to actually be losing 100+ pounds. Congrats on your successes so far, and keep up the good work!
Old 02-15-2011, 08:04 PM
FitDay Member

Morning ladies.
Well yesterday was a bit of a bad day and i ate alot of things that i shouldnt have and didnt need. I did go over my allowance but i dont get weighed until monday so im sure i will get back on track. This week is going to be ok as i have nothing planned that could get in the way or throw temptation my way.
I am due that time of month but i didnt drink hardly enough water last week so i really need to do better this week. Feeling really stressed and i am aware so hopefully i will also be able to stop any mindless eating too.
Heres to a successful day
Old 02-15-2011, 10:59 PM
FitDay Member

Tracey all I can say is that I've felt your pain soooo many times, that it's not even funny. Congratulations on coming here and confessing, that is not an easy thing to do. It shows some real dedication which is admirable, especially after a rough day.
Old 02-17-2011, 11:35 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks almeeker. All ive wanted is salt and bread which i think is agreed not a great combination.I think i have water retension or maybe this is just my excuse for having such huge thighs!
Before id have eaten numerous rounds of sandwiches with salted butter and a plate of salted chips. BAD OLD ME
Today i managed to get through the day with 2 slices of wholemeal bread oh plus one white, 1 salted cracker (from a box i had toooo many from yesterday) and a small packet of salted crisps (19g bag). For tea i had griddled chicken breast and courgettes though so aint too bad but far from perfect.
It is difficult not to punish myself after a couple of bad days binging but i need to tell myself that in reality there is no such thing as "perfect dieting" and also remembering the word LIFESTYLE.
Also i have 2 kids and i dont want them to think just because i had a few too many biscuits the day before now i have to eat like a rabbit. I want them to hopefully have healthy eating habits when they are older and not the ones that i had and still sometimes come back and haunt me. Getting to my highest weight was a vicious cycle that has taken me years to overcome. Although im still have days when i am too harsh on myself i am aware of this and so is my partner so he has great words of wisdom when it comes to helping me back on track. I believe i wouldnt have got this far if it wasnt for his support.
Right enough because i will probably hate him tomorrow when he does something to annoy me!
Old 02-21-2011, 12:04 AM
FitDay Member

Glad to hear that you're not beating yourself up over this. I had some bad days last week myself. Bread I crave almost non-stop from the moment I wake up until I fall asleep. Salt not so much, but chocolate is trouble. I crave a sweet pretty much after every meal, I don't really know why, I wasn't raised having dessert after meals, but I crave it all the same. Lately I've been using hard candies or red hots, just one after a meal if the feeling hits me hard. The other thing that seems to help me is a Laughing Cow wedge, somehow or another that 35 calories are just right to stop a craving in it's tracks and keep me on plan for at least the next hour or two.
Old 02-21-2011, 01:43 AM
FitDay Member

Well how surprised was i when i stood on the scales at wwatchers this morning. I have lost another 1.5lb this week which i am really happy with. Considering all the biscuits and naughty things id eaten this week im very relieved. But saying this i did stay within my allowance but just chose the wrong foods to eat. The time of month has just finished today so maybe that helped me to shed a little.
Im really in the mood for some chicken for my evening meal as i dont eat meat very often so tonight im roasting some skinless/boneless thighs and having it with a good side portion of baby corns and sugar snap peas. Cant wait.
Old 02-21-2011, 05:23 AM
FitDay Member

Great job, Tracey! That has to feel good. Well done on sticking to your calorie limit even when you ate things that you consider "naughty." Sometimes it is hard to stop when those foods are in front of you, and it sounds like you were able to. Not easy to do!

I've been eating a bit over my limit lately, but not too bad. I'm going to get out for a nice long hike today, so that should help burn off the extra. Have a great, healthy day, everyone!
Old 02-21-2011, 07:05 AM
FitDay Member

Not done too great today but i think its because i ate too late in the day and was too hungry and kinda went on a mad binge. Silly when i think how great i felt after losing weight. Suppose some things can happen without reason. Lets hope i can fix it but im confident that i will although i have a meal coming up on saturday to celebrate my mums 50th birthday. Is it normal to feel a little scared about it because if im in the house i feel more in control and especially when im going to be surrounded by people and my mum is one who likes to scrutinise but i will have to use that to my advantage.
I do know though that i need to keep my hunger satisfied cos if not i get too hungry and then once i start i cant stop. Another habit that i have to break!!!
Old 02-21-2011, 07:31 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by zootnarf
I've been eating a bit over my limit lately, but not too bad. I'm going to get out for a nice long hike today, so that should help burn off the extra. Have a great, healthy day, everyone!
Me too! Only I'm not going to get a hike in today because we got like a foot of snow last night.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.