Notices

Motivational Thread starting 02/07

Old 02-11-2011, 06:26 AM
FitDay Member

Weight Goals This Week:

~ stick to my food plan, Tuesday 100%, Wednesday 95%, Thurs 100%
~ get my walking in, Tues yes, Wed yes, Thurs no
~ get my weight training in Tues yes, Wed yes, Thus yes
~ to change activity instead of emotionally eating journal, read, have a bath, knit whatever: Tues yes, Wed yes, Thurs yes
~ to journal my food, mood, & get support here DAILY to 'stay' & get the support i need. Wed yes, Thurs yes
Personal Goals:

~ not to beat myself up for letting some weight creep back on. give myself credit for catching before it got to out of control: ~ working on this one being real with people that i work with that i need to watch what i'm eating. I also was truthful with boyfriend that I need to watch what i eat for awhile. He doesn't think I need to loose weight I think I do, but I need his support.
Old 02-11-2011, 06:43 AM
FitDay Member

okay going to try to touch on everyone before i head back to work...lol. if i miss you i'm sorry.

cassie ~ LOVE THAT i might actually eat my evening snack naked as motivation to stick with it

jess ~ that sucks about having to pay back uncle sam

rose ~ you only went over by a little & you made the best choices you could. i know you'll make it up. maybe some extra water to help flush out the extra sodium you may have consumed.

jess ~ cj & muna are right you have to do what works for you. that's why journaling your food is sooo important. not only to keep you on track, but it's a great tool. you can look back over each day & see what you ate in comparison with how much weight you lost. it won't be long before you figure out exactly what foods & combinations work best to keep you burning as much as your body can.

almkeeper ~ that's awesome that your calories are doing better. its hard when others are having goodies. were there healthy choices at the kids party? my son's school will only allow healthy snacks for parties so that helps me out...lol.

mike ~ when i have my weigh in i do it as soon as i get up, then i'll do it again before i have a shower & then probably after my shower as well crazy huh?

well didn't like what my scaled said last night 167.2 ewwww. i have to do something about that before i'm back where i was. busy at work today plus i get to go out to a fashion show tonight so that will be fun. well i need to run & go back to work. have a good weekend everyone.
Old 02-11-2011, 07:25 AM
FitDay Member

Ok... so in keeping with "do something nice each day for someone", I took my elderly mother out to lunch. "Anywhere you want to go", I said. She chose Pizza Hut.... yeah.... 620 calories and 26 grams of fat later, I have driven myself right into the ditch! I was doing so well, too.
Old 02-11-2011, 08:01 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by staceyalberta
almkeeper ~ that's awesome that your calories are doing better. its hard when others are having goodies. were there healthy choices at the kids party? my son's school will only allow healthy snacks for parties so that helps me out...lol.
There were zero healthy snacks at the pre-school party. I ate one peanut butter heart and a cookie without frosting, for a grand total of about 300 calories. Sometimes there are healthy snacks, it all depends on the "Party Mother" that organizes it. At Christmas one of the kids had a "brunch" instead of a sugar-fest. It was totally awesome, the kids had "make your yogurt flavor", whole wheat pancakes with fruit toppings, juice, white milk and turkey sausages. And here's the best part, the dads had to cook the pancakes.
Old 02-11-2011, 12:01 PM
FitDay Member

Hi everyone! Hope you had an awesome Friday!
Whew! A day's worth of posts here is quite a bit of reading - but you all have such wonderful tips and advice on many different topics. I learn something every time I come on - THANK YOU! I am going to try the Greek yogurt and protein "mousse," Mike. Thanks for the recipe! BTW - what kind of protein (brand) does everyone find tastes the best? I bought Proteins+ and it has a terrible aftertaste, but I choke it down.

I am pretty pleased with my week Here's my update!
1. DO NOT GET WEIGHED UNTIL NEXT MONDAY. (This HAS to be #1) So far so good; Tues - I got on but I was down 2, so Yahoo! Wed - no; Thursday - no; Friday - yes and was down 0.5!!
2. More veggies on a daily basis. Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes
3. Begin a folder of favourite exercises and workouts. Not yet - tonight perhaps; pulling workouts out of magazines to store in sheet protectors in a binder
4. 6 visits to the gym. Mon- yes, Tues - No (last trainer session yesterday and I am wiped out! Back at it tomorrow! Wed - yes; Thurs - no no basketball either; Friday - awesome workout!
5. Keep food to 1500-1700 cal. Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes

DD has a figure skating competition tomorrow and DS has a hockey game too, and on Sunday and on Monday. Hopefully, we'll find some time for snowshoeing.

And if I haven't mentioned it, I love this thread.

Cheers,

Last edited by NB-PEmom; 02-11-2011 at 12:03 PM.
Old 02-11-2011, 12:02 PM
FitDay Member

Feeling sick again today, just exhausted and funny tummy feeling and achy and sore neck and throat.

AND I totally overate. We had panera brought in for our breakfast meeting and I had a Trail Mix bagel which turns out has 410 calories (!!!!! How is that even possible?!!), and two cheese pastries for 800 calories, plus cream cheese. And then of course I had lunch and dinner. Oh well, tomorrow is another day. I hope I get better soon.
Old 02-11-2011, 12:22 PM
FitDay Member

Goals:
1. 1800-2000 cals a day no, yes, no, yes, yes
2. exercise 5 times this week no, yes, yes, no, yes
3. try to take a half hour nap if I can yes, no, no, no, yes
4. drink 96 oz water yes, yes, yes, yes, yes
5. NO Cookies!!! yes, no, yes, no, yes

Personal:
1. Start each day with a To Do list yes, yes, yes, no
2. Get taxes done no, no, no,no, worked on them
3. Get decorations planned for blue and gold ceremony no, no, yes
4. Finish hats for brothers no, no, no, no, no
5. Be patient with my girls yes, yes, yes, yes, i think they are getting more patient with me
Old 02-11-2011, 12:38 PM
FitDay Member

Smile

Originally Posted by rubypeanut
Feeling sick again today, just exhausted and funny tummy feeling and achy and sore neck and throat.

AND I totally overate. We had panera brought in for our breakfast meeting and I had a Trail Mix bagel which turns out has 410 calories (!!!!! How is that even possible?!!), and two cheese pastries for 800 calories, plus cream cheese. And then of course I had lunch and dinner. Oh well, tomorrow is another day. I hope I get better soon.
Feel better soon! When you're not feeling 100%, it's so easy to fall into the carb trap looking for some quick energy. I think I'm the only one I know who can still eat while going through a bout of stomach flu. You're absolutely right - tomorrow is another day. Take care of yourself!
Old 02-11-2011, 01:06 PM
FitDay Member

You ladies are marvelous! Gave me the inner strength to actually spit out a piece of sushi because I went over my cal limit for the day. Right now I'm sticking to the mantra of "I'm not hungry, I'm just bored/thirsty/emotional, and all of these are in my power to fix!"

Oh my goodness, please please pleaseeeee share more low cal, high protein chocolate recipes! I am pre-diabetic and chocolate is ALWAYS my downfall! I am super excited to go grocery shopping so that I can try it out!

Almeeker: I've found that packing my own snacks in my purse always help. Even if it is just a serving of celery before I fall on the diabetes (term I use to describe unhealthy snacks), that is still less stomach space for me to fill with sugar.

Rubypeanut: I've found that drinking extra water, eating soup, and napping always help me when I'm sick.

Health:
1. Drink water: Yes, No, No, Yes, Yes (Almost 3L!!!)

Life:
1. Clean apartment: No, No, No, Tried, Enough for D&D night!!

Last edited by mhibdon; 02-11-2011 at 01:12 PM.
Old 02-11-2011, 02:23 PM
FitDay Member

1. Eat between 1300 and 1400 per day and NOT go over. 1. YES! Yay!/ 2. Yep =) 2 days in a row!/3. Yep, below 1400/ 4. Pretty sure it can't go over 1400 in an hour and a half =P/ 5. About 95 over =/ but oh well I broke down and had icecream.. one of those days
2. Drink my 96 oz of Water per day. 1. Yep and then some./ 2. I always drink more and thats good/ 3. Yes/ 4. Yes/ 5. Yes.
3. Get out the dumbbells and use them at least once a day if not more. 1/ Yea, a few minutes before work./2. No =(/ 3. Nope. / 4. No/ 5. No
4. Go Shopping this week and get HEALTHY low-cal foods. 1. Not Yet but no money yet./ 2. This is a Thursday or Friday goal/3. Tonight at MIDNIGHT! Or so ... Sunday

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.