Notices

My weight ended up making my day crap.

Old 01-23-2012, 12:06 PM
FitDay Member

Default My weight ended up making my day crap.

So I finally got the courage up to call the Air Force recruiter. Left a message since no one picked up.

Later today I got a call and they did the screening over the phone to see when we could schedule an appointment for me to come in. He said with what my height to weight ratio is I am too much over weight to even be scheduled an appointment.

I was already having terrible day and thought since I gained the courage I needed, this was going to turn today around. It seems that I was sadly mistaken.

So I have to lose about 50-55lbs, before I can even get an appointment.
Old 01-23-2012, 12:08 PM
Super Moderator

I'm sorry, csuzano. But maybe that will end up being a good motivator for you, once you get over being sad/angry/upset/whatever.

Just think how cool it will be to look back in a year and say, "Right after that phone call was when I decided to make a big change...and I did!"

Keep your eye on the prize, girl. You can do it!
Old 01-23-2012, 02:43 PM
FitDay Member

I'm really sorry to hear this, and I know it probably doesn't make you feel any better now, but it is better to get this information up front rather than go through all the work of the recruitment process and then find out. I hope you can turn this around like Cassie said and use it as motivation to achieve your goals.
Old 01-23-2012, 03:06 PM
FitDay Member

Well I did go running for about an hour. So it is motivation now after all the crying I did from hearing it.
Old 01-23-2012, 03:32 PM
FitDay Member

You will do this! And it won't take long. You will make us all proud.
Old 01-24-2012, 01:17 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by csuzano
Well I did go running for about an hour. So it is motivation now after all the crying I did from hearing it.
Good job way to take a negative and turn it into a positive. You could have just as easily let the pity overwhelm you and done nothing but eat. So congrats on getting out there and running.
Old 01-24-2012, 02:09 AM
FitDay Member

Thank you for picking up the phone, thank you for wanting to serve our country, and thank you for getting yourself healthy to live what you can do.

We need you!

Abby