Notices

1 pound per week = 50 lbs in a Year! Join me!

Old 02-07-2011, 06:16 AM
FitDay Member

I always got impatient if I wasn't losing big but and gave up after a few weeks so I decided to change strategy and so I started this new diet in Jan with a goal of 1 lb per week. I don't want to change my lifestyle drastically because I'm not a very unhealthy eater. I just need to be more active and try to even out my calories over the week. I enjoy a drink at weekends and catching up with friends and I don't want to give all that up. I needed to lose 44 lbs approx, now it's 39 lbs, so far so good.
Fit day is helping and I try to post every day as well. Every week takes me closer to my goal
Old 02-07-2011, 07:00 AM
FitDay Premium Member

I am all in for losing the weight, at least half of it, this year! I am down 3 lbs in 2 weeks and feeling very good about it. I have cancer and can't move around a lot, apparently I burn about 1,900 cal a day so I am eating 1500 which is manageable.

I am getting a kick out of logging my food, which I make from scratch. Do we all weigh in on the same day? I only weigh in 2x a month but I measure myself every week. When I get a really good scale I will be in every week I think.

Great to meet you all!

meggietye
Old 02-08-2011, 12:50 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Skeetgirl
So glad you're joining us yunalee
Slow is the way to go!

I do my weigh ins on Friday too. A bit more encouraging that weighing in on Monday...if you know what I mean
Carolyn
haha yeah i know what you mean. during the weeks it's easier to keeps track snice i have classes at the same times each week so it's easy to work around that and be a desent weight by fridays. but weekends are abit more unsteady snice i'm always doing something different, which can include going out for a meal (last weekend was a big breakfast 3eggs, 2 bacon, 2 sasuage, 2 brown toast, and about 1/2cup of potatoes fried in a frying pan) where as my normal breakfasts are a cup of ceral in 1/2cup of 1% milk a fruit, usally a banana or kiwi, and one of those small yogurt cups.

and if i do eggs it's usally for lunch and it'd be 2 eggs, 2 whole wheat toast with light butter spread (probably bout no more than a tbsp for both). a cup for the V8 fruit fusion juice and about 10 baby carrots and sometimes a clemtine.

for snacks it's usally an apple between breakfast and lunch, and between lunch and supper may not have a snack

and for supper it depends on what else i've had the rest of the day i try and fill what feels on my food guide chart which is usally veggies, so sometimes i'll have a chicken breast with mix veggies (corn, green/yellow beans, carrot and peas)

i fine it hard to keep under 2 meat servings each day, mostly the days where i have big breakfast with eggs and bacon/sausage, cuz thats all my meat in one meal.

oh well it's time for me to get to class

Amy
Old 02-08-2011, 05:52 AM
FitDay Member

Amy,
I find it hard to find time to eat meat or exercise around my class schedule and rowing practice! If you don't mind me asking, what is your major? I find that those that are in the hard sciences tend to be much more matter of fact with their calories and exercise while us soft science kids are more laid back.

I'm a psych & pre-med major, with a minor in bio.

I'm finding that Monday weigh ins may be discouraging sometimes, but all the discouragement is worth it whenever that "bad number" goes down due to hard work!
Old 02-08-2011, 09:13 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by mhibdon
Amy,
I find it hard to find time to eat meat or exercise around my class schedule and rowing practice! If you don't mind me asking, what is your major? I find that those that are in the hard sciences tend to be much more matter of fact with their calories and exercise while us soft science kids are more laid back.

I'm a psych & pre-med major, with a minor in bio.

I'm finding that Monday weigh ins may be discouraging sometimes, but all the discouragement is worth it whenever that "bad number" goes down due to hard work!
I major in Classical Animation. it's alot of work on projects that are outside of my class times. I live in the school so i have extra time snice i don't have any travel time to get to class. so i do my little work out in the morning before classes, snice i know no matter how many times i'll tell myself i'll do it later i just won't do it.

Amy
Old 02-08-2011, 10:05 AM
FitDay Member

Hey gals!
Welcome Meggietye and Lizards!

I'm glad there are so many of you with the same mindset

Did you all want to pick an "official" weigh in day?
No pressure if you don't want to post you weigh ins if you don't want to.
Keep up the good work everyone!
Carolyn
Old 02-08-2011, 10:23 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by yunalee
I major in Classical Animation. it's alot of work on projects that are outside of my class times. I live in the school so i have extra time snice i don't have any travel time to get to class. so i do my little work out in the morning before classes, snice i know no matter how many times i'll tell myself i'll do it later i just won't do it.

Amy
That is so true! Unless I work out the same time every day, it doesn't happen! Mornings are usually easiest, too.
Old 02-08-2011, 10:25 AM
FitDay Member

Hey gals!

Carolyn
I weigh in on Wednesday now, but I wouldn't mind changing
Old 02-08-2011, 11:41 AM
FitDay Member

I want to join in too.
Old 02-08-2011, 11:30 PM
FitDay Member

Hey gals!

Carolyn
i don't my weigh-ins on fridays. but if no one want to change their weigh-in day we can just do an end of the week check point.

can just say what day you weighed yourself and your weight, that way if some like to do it on mondays they can keeps it on mondays.

don't have to do it this way but just an idea

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.