Notices

Goal-100Pounds in 365Days.

Old 02-18-2011, 01:46 PM
FitDay Member

Cool Goal-100Pounds in 365Days.

Hi everyone!!!
I have set a pretty ambitius goal for myself and need all the help I can get. Over the past 2 years with a miscarage, depression, getting pregnant again, then a bad break up, I have more than just let myself go. I am finaly in a plce were I believe I deserve better and I owe my daughter a better life. I've gone back to school and am starting to get my life on track but now it's time to address the elephant in the room... Me

The mission... Lose 100 pounds in one year.
Starting weight...284.8 pounds (feb. 17, 2011)

If anyone has any tips, tricks, advice, encuragement, or anything else they want to shoot my way I apreciate it all.
Old 02-18-2011, 09:08 PM
FitDay Member

Good for you! I hope you can meet your goal!

I would start with calorie counting...eat how you normally do for a few days a track every little bite in your FitDay account. Look back over, and I'm sure it will be obvious what you should cut out. Start from there, and slowly make changes to your diet and add in some work outs. Start slow, walking and light weights, and work up to harder work outs.

Good Luck!
Old 02-18-2011, 11:52 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by jeanieann13
Hi everyone!!!
I have set a pretty ambitius goal for myself and need all the help I can get. Over the past 2 years with a miscarage, depression, getting pregnant again, then a bad break up, I have more than just let myself go. I am finaly in a plce were I believe I deserve better and I owe my daughter a better life. I've gone back to school and am starting to get my life on track but now it's time to address the elephant in the room... Me

The mission... Lose 100 pounds in one year.
Starting weight...284.8 pounds (feb. 17, 2011)

If anyone has any tips, tricks, advice, encuragement, or anything else they want to shoot my way I apreciate it all.
Good for you for setting the personal goal and dealing with your health. I am not unlike you in that I have allowed life events to takeover and I found myself at almost 300lbs this winter. I started fitday on Jan 1 at 287.8lbs. I am now 265lbs. The journey will have its ups and downs but pay attention to the overall successes. Sometimes the scale won't move as quickly as you like but clothes will fit better. Take it one day at a time. Some tips:
  • track you calories in and out each day and aim for a deficit in calories....for the amount you wish to loose about 1000 calorie daily deficit at the beginning should be good (burnign 1000 cal more than you eat)
  • try to eat through out the day and more big meals to keep your blod sugar even (less cravings)
  • don't try to chane everything at once, take baby steps
  • focus on a few mini-goals each week (there is a 7 motivational thread under the women section that may help or at least provide ideas)
  • keep in touch and share.
  • we are here to cheer you on.
Good luck.