Notices

Still alive

Old 02-01-2011, 01:23 PM
FitDay Member

Default Still alive

Just thought I'd check in and say no, I haven't forgotten y'all Diet and exercise went out the window this week, and didn't bother to log anything since I was just eating whatever would stay down. The new meds were not my friend, I stopped taking them Sunday AM, and tonight was the first night I could eat a real, normal dinner I've been that nauseous. Scale's at 141 this morning, so there is indeed a bright side to everything LOL.

Thanks everyone for being here to listen to me whine, I do appreciate it.
Old 02-03-2011, 12:47 AM
FitDay Member

You're not whining just sharing. And life is for sharing, a lot of us have been were you are and only made it through because of the support we got from family and friends. So keep talking and as that well know shrink Frasier would say " We're listening"
Old 02-03-2011, 12:56 AM
FitDay Member

Say what are these new drugs? I'm sitting here at a plateau.... Just kidding, I'm so sorry the new meds aren't working. My mother has fibro too and she has all kinds of issues with the meds. She's been doing better since she went to the Cleveland Clinic, they seem to have a much better take on fibro then the local experts. But she also has sarcoidosis, so her med cocktail is really wonky.
Old 02-03-2011, 09:40 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Hey Lizzie,
Keep working with your MD. It seems like it takes a while to come up with the right drug and dose. As you kinda said in an earlier post, having a name for the condition doesn't change the condition, but it does give you some insight into why you are feeling so lousy, and some direction in treatment.

One thing that that lots of folks have recommended to me when life sucks, is to try to do something for someone else - a random act of kindess, a charitable contribution... you know the drill. Keeps the good karma flowing.

Pam