Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 1/31/11 >

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 1/31/11

Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 1/31/11

Old 02-03-2011, 02:36 AM
FitDay Member

Pam,

LOL I didn't actually say it, I was just kind of thinking it!

quinn
Old 02-03-2011, 03:28 AM
FitDay Member

Better late than never:

Goals:
Physical health:
1) Go back on fibromyalgia (lowish carb, no sugar) diet
2) 8 glasses of H2O
3) watch sodium
4) gentle stretching daily

Other:
5) meditate, make time
6) write
7) be compassionate to DD,DH and myself

DD home sick with flu so haven't had a chance to read threads. Glanced v. v. briefly, sorry about your injury, Quinn.

Last edited by canary52; 02-03-2011 at 03:30 AM.
Old 02-03-2011, 08:58 AM
FitDay Member

1) eat strictly under 1900kcal 1915 yes
2) burn strictly over 2500kcal 2505 yes
3) stick to vegetarian diet not today
4) carbs max. 240g a day around 250g
5) exercise 45min bike/1hr dvd on alternating days 35min bike and am dyin'
6) count my blessings my what?

I fight with it, but I feel depression sinking in in both me and DH. they'd better hurry up and approve our papers before we kill each other. What do I write... I'd like to write some nice stuff about how everything is hunky dory, but it feels like a truck has run over our hunky dorys and we are left with crumbs. Maybe tomorrow.

No, actually I have one positive thing you know the lovely crispy Japanese pears? They have them here in shops, but only sometimes. today they had them and I bought 3 packs (12fruits). There's still about 5 left in the bowl

Hands up who loves Russel Peters
Old 02-03-2011, 10:22 AM
FitDay Member

I made some goals earlier, but just realized what this thread is for today . So my goals for this week:
  1. Drink 96 oz of water each day
  2. Do light exercise at least 3 days this week
  3. Keep track of what I am eating

And since I am only 3 weeks postpartum, I need to set some limits too... that's my problem, in the past I have only been able to do extremes (very active and healthy, or lethargic and snacky). But I can't do too much or I could set myself back.
  1. Don't pick up my DD's at the same time
  2. Eat when I'm hungry, even if it's not an expected meal
  3. No heavy ab exercises until OK from doctor

I just did pilates for the first time since the pregnancy and it was surprisingly underwhelming - it felt so good to be active again!!!

Muna, I hope your week gets better and things work out for you!
Old 02-03-2011, 12:48 PM
FitDay Member

Default Report card for Thursday

Hi Everyone!

I had a really great Thursday despite my job eating me alive. I do love my work so it's rewarding but damn I am working hard these days.

Quinn, I hope you get well really really soon! I hope you aren't in too much pain. It really sucks about your injury. I like snowshoeing too but I haven't done it in a long time.

Muna, I am really bummed about your situation and I really hope that things work out for the absolute best! Also here's to hoping that those papers get approved very soon. I think it's good that you shared your woes with us. It's good to get vent a little.

Welcome back Hope! Glad to see you here.

For my health and well being I will:
1. Work out every morning. YES / NO / OH YEAH! / DONE!
2. Eat between 1300-1550 calories per day. YES (1399) / YES (1354) / YES (1450) / YES SIR (1386)
3. No more than 40% carbs. YES 36% / YES 28% / YES 29% / NOT EVEN CLOSE! 27%
4. Drink 10 large glasses of water per day. YES / YES / DONE! / EVEN MORE THAN 10 TODAY!
5. Try Bikram yoga on Saturday.
6. Stay off the scale until next Tuesday!!!! Stayed off this morning! / YES! / No but I had to record my halfway point in my 30 Day Shred experiment

For my mental and spiritual well being I will:
1. Work on my proposal. Not today / Not yet / TOO TIRED / TOO MUCH WORK!
2. Read before going to sleep. No, I fell asleep!
3. Put up my solar blinds in the kitchen. Not yet
4. Be positive. YES! / NO / YES / PRETTY MUCH
5. Knit. YES / NO / just a little / NO

Check out my morning walk with my pooch. It's pretty snowy here! And the Beetle that you see buried in snow, yeah that's my car!

YouTube - rosella0313's Channel
Old 02-03-2011, 01:32 PM
FitDay Member

OMGG Rose, how stinking sweet is that pooch!!! I was totally cracking up over the doggie coat. At first I was like "is that a panda bear with a bow tie? No, it's an alien with a cross bones, no, it's oh duh it's a skull and cross bones." Well it's kinda moving fast and I'm sleep deprived. We have a lot of snow here too. I took the girls up to K-mart today, just so we could admire the mountains of snow heaped at the edges of the parking lot. The snow banks are taller than the trees in front of the store.
Old 02-03-2011, 01:37 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by almeeker
OMGG Rose, how stinking sweet is that pooch!!! I was totally cracking up over the doggie coat. At first I was like "is that a panda bear with a bow tie? No, it's an alien with a cross bones, no, it's oh duh it's a skull and cross bones." Well it's kinda moving fast and I'm sleep deprived. We have a lot of snow here too. I took the girls up to K-mart today, just so we could admire the mountains of snow heaped at the edges of the parking lot. The snow banks are taller than the trees in front of the store.
Yes my dog is the apple of my eye. He's the sweetest little guy you'll ever meet. He's gentle with kids, smart and easy to train... but he is a little piglet. He loves his treats! The skull and crossbones sweater makes him look more menacing so the other dogs don't mess with him. I'm not sure it's successful.

Snow banks taller than trees? HOLY MOLY! We are getting bombarded this year aren't we?
Old 02-03-2011, 01:45 PM
FitDay Member

Thursday Report Card

1. Stick to calorie budget 1,350-1,500, Ugh NO 1,898, YES 1,497 Ugh NO 2,415, A big fat NOOOOO 2,215
2. Drink 96 oz water NO, YES, YES, YES
3. Workout 6 hours. YES 80min, YES 35min, YES 35min, YES 95min (total 4:05)
4. Reach 12 minute sustained run. NO, NO, NO, NO
5. Get back on elliptical routine. NO, NO, NO, NO
6. Sign up for race. NO, NO, NO, NO
7. Calorie deficit of 500 minimum. NO -390, YES -872NO +0, NO -383

This week's non-fitness goals:

8. Clean out one area in basement. NO, NO, NO, NO
9. Clean out candy making totes. NO, NOYES, one down, NO
10. Average 6 items/day from list. NO, NO, NO 2, NO
11. Get car cleaned out. NO, NO, NO, NO
12. One load to Goodwill. NO, NO, NO, NO
13. Finish 2 pieces of DD's bloomer dress. NO, NO But her speech is coming along nicely, NO, NO Her speech is almost done and wonder of wonders she sat down and wrote 3/4 of her process paper all by herself, and it's really very good.

The kids were off again today, which sucked and was great all at the same time. Thursdays I'm usually down to one kiddo, and normally I catch up on things. But not today, my daycare baby went to grandma's, so it was just the girls and I, which almost never happens. We had a pretty good day, they got their valentines well underway, caught up on homework and the oldest DD put in a great effort on her National History Day project.

I'll have to work on my goals next week, this week had just too many other things going on to get any of them accomplished.

This morning I did a new workout DVD, Bob Harper kicked my butt inside out. So tomorrow I'll be needing the follow up DVD, "Easing my butt back to right side out". Anybody know where I can get that?

Last edited by almeeker; 02-03-2011 at 01:47 PM.
Old 02-03-2011, 01:53 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by mtlgirl
Snow banks taller than trees? HOLY MOLY! We are getting bombarded this year aren't we?
We certainly got bombarded on Wednesday. But you know what? I can very clearly remember the blizzard of '78, when it snowed for 3 days straight and when it finally stopped we had 10' high drifts in our driveway that covered most of the garage. My mom took a picture of me and my brothers sitting on top of it, and every now and then we pull it out and say "Yep, that's still the worst blizzard I've ever seen".
Old 02-03-2011, 02:38 PM
FitDay Member

So, tomorrow is FRIDAY!!

Thursday's check-in:

My fitness goals for the week:
1. Hit the gym everyday, beginning today. (1, 1, 1,
2. Try at least one new Clean Eating recipe. (not yet)
3. Continue to log food and journal on FitDay. (1, 1, 1,
4. Water, water, water! (1, 1, 1,
5. Walk instead of drive to pharmacy, store, etc. (0, 0, 0

Non-fitness goals for the week:
1. Clean off my dresser. (DONE!)
2. Clean out DD's dresser. (DONE!)
3. Find jump rope and fitness band to on March Break. (found j rope, still looking for fitness band)

Quinn, I'll be thinking of you when I take the grade 2 classes snowshoeing for PE tomorrow. Get well soon!

Have a good one!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.