Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 1/31/11 >

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 1/31/11

Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 1/31/11

Old 01-31-2011, 04:41 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
Always used to say I liked going to the Walmart because it makes me feel smart and thin .

I had a habit, for a while, of checking out what people buy (in front of or behind me). I stopped that when I came up against a huge man in camo who put up various hunting paraphernalia, six cans of potted meat, a newspaper and a jumbo sized box of condoms. My imagination just got the better of me.

Sometimes it's just better if you don't look.
He didn't have a banjo strapped to his back by any chance, did he?

Regards,
Michael
Old 01-31-2011, 04:48 AM
FitDay Member

Know what men in my area are called that look like that? AVERAGE! LOL

quinn
Old 01-31-2011, 04:54 AM
Super Moderator

Last week didn't go so well for me. Being sick really held me back but I HAVE to get past that. Excuses will only hold me back, even if they are legit. I went back and read the http://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums...y-you-fat.html thread I started nearly a year ago. I wrote it from my heart, with passion, to disturb/motivate people. Reading through the responses was the kick that I needed. If you haven't read it, and decide to, you may find it a little harsh... but I hope you can take away the positive from it.

My goals for the week:

health and fitness related:
Do's
1) walk 15 miles
2) floss 7 times
3) drink 1 gallon of water a day
4) 1800 cals deficient for the week
5) play tennis for 1 hr.
6) workout 3 times.

don'ts
1) no cereal for the week
2) no butterfingers

non health related:
1) finish taxes to see who much I'll owe Uncle Sam
2) ship a King Cake to Cali.
Old 01-31-2011, 05:07 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Hi All,

Feeling really sluggish this morning, so thanks for the Walmart giggles. I second all of the above. I don't usually shop at Walmart (actually never), but maybe I'll start on those days when I'm feeling low

I had a great trail run yesterday. Given that I had worked out pretty much everyday last week, I was a little tentative, ready to cut myself some slack. But in the end really attacked the hills. Maybe that's contributing to the sluggishness. Or maybe it is just Monday and I would rather be somewhere other than work .

OK for this week (much like the last):

1.) Crossfit workout 2X
2.) Yoga 2X
3.) 6+ mile run - at least 1
4.) Keep calories between 1200 and 1400
5.) No beer or wine with dinner (or before dinner...PAM)
6.) Protein @ 90g
7.) Carbs @ 40%

Work, Home and Life:
8.) Negotiate return of medicine cabinet that was not what I ordered
9.) Finish interview project for the Forest Service
10.) Be kind to the hubby when he prattles on about work politics
11.) Find 2 new recipes that fit into the current diet (my turn to cook this week)
12.) Start a new creative project (obviously not feeling very creative at the moment as I can't even identify which catagory of project. But I need to plan something... idle hands are the devil's workshop )

I hope everyone is staying safe and as comfortable as you can given the horrid weather.

Pam
Old 01-31-2011, 05:53 AM
FitDay Member

Hi, I got a cold yesterday. Today I feel very tired, muscle ache. I just go to walmart 1 a year or so b/c walmart is far away form us.
My goal this week is the same.
1. cals limit 1600 ( I add 100 more b/c I just felt too hungry last week)
2. Work out 4-5 times a week
3. finish the week with at least 1 pound lighter.
4. Walk/ run 6 miles
5. Log everything I eat.
Old 01-31-2011, 06:14 AM
FitDay Member

Always used to say I liked going to the Walmart because it makes me feel smart and thin .
ROFLOL!!! You know the funny part? I used to feel smart and thin at Wal-Mart when I was at my heaviest!!!

I had a habit, for a while, of checking out what people buy (in front of or behind me). I stopped that when I came up against a huge man in camo who put up various hunting paraphernalia, six cans of potted meat, a newspaper and a jumbo sized box of condoms. My imagination just got the better of me.
ROFLOL!!! In my neck of the woods, he would be a hunka-hunka-burning love, with scores of pj sporting, bunny slipper wearing, bath needing babes following him around the Wal-Marts with love and breedin' in they eye. Man do I wish I were kidding 'bout that....
Old 01-31-2011, 06:20 AM
FitDay Member

Mike, just a year ago my DH looked like you do now, and now he looks like you 1year ago the pics are really striking, I can't believe how much people can change in one year....
Old 01-31-2011, 06:25 AM
Super Moderator

Okay, here's the time-waster for the day, in keeping with the way things are going... Funny Pictures at WalMart. Click on the "more creatures" and get your eye bleach ready. (Beware; the captions are not always appropriate for families).
Old 01-31-2011, 06:26 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by MunaAmin
Mike, just a year ago my DH looked like you do now, and now he looks like you 1year ago the pics are really striking, I can't believe how much people can change in one year....
Yep. I actually maintained my current weight, give or take a few pounds for about a year. But yeah, it doesn't take long if you want it bad enough. I know when I first posted it, it may have come across as me bragging at how fast I lost weight... but the real point was that the weight will come of faster than it went on. What takes us years to mess up only takes a fraction of the time to fix. He can turn it around in no time if he wants. How old is he?
Old 01-31-2011, 06:52 AM
FitDay Member

Okay, here's the time-waster for the day, in keeping with the way things are going... Funny Pictures at WalMart. Click on the "more creatures" and get your eye bleach ready. (Beware; the captions are not always appropriate for families).
Wow is that scary, I'm pretty sure I know that one guy, he's my neighbor...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.