Notices

Health realated question......

Old 01-24-2011, 07:27 AM
FitDay Member

Default Health realated question......

So for the past 2 + years I have had repeated ear infections. I know this site is about weight loss, but the question is... Is there a chance that the lack of weight loss and the ear infections are related to a thyroid problem?? Thought i would ask here because I'm beginning to think there is a connection. I also have for the same amount of time some serious "hormonal" issues. Not sure if any of it is related or if im just trying to justify it all im my head. LOL
Old 01-24-2011, 09:00 AM
FitDay Member

I can't say about the ear infections, but weight gain (or difficulty losing weight) can certainly be attributed to a thyroid issue. People get ear infections for lots of different reasons, could be allergies. Have you been tested for PCOS? That might explain both weight and hormonal issues.
Old 01-25-2011, 12:15 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks for replying. I've not been tested for PCOS. I know I should be tested for something, but just wasn't sure what. I have had on going issues of that nature but won't got to the doc for it. Really don't like going to the doc unless its really necessary. But thanks that is something I might check into.
Old 01-25-2011, 12:30 AM
FitDay Member

Default ear infections

I have a dairy allergy and when I cheat it always shows up in my ears and my skin. Perhaps try eliminating dairy for a while and see if that helps.
Old 01-25-2011, 01:39 AM
FitDay Member

Repeated ear infections could mean your immune system isn't working right, which could be because of thyroid issues, PCOS, allergies, or something else entirely. It's worth getting checked out. Everything in the body is related to everything else in the body.
Old 01-25-2011, 02:38 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks for all the suggestions! Some very interesting points!