Community
Notices

Motivational Thread starting 01/17

Old 01-23-2011, 08:09 AM
FitDay Member

ahhh, I see. so there's a new thread for every week? good stuff. will be back tomorrow then : )
Old 01-23-2011, 09:38 AM
FitDay Member

MunaAmin, I am so sorry for what you are going through. It must be so difficult but I will pray for you.

I really do believe you will make it through this. I do not know you but you strike me as a fighter, one who does not give up. You sound like you've already been through a lot. Your online "family" is supporting you!
Old 01-23-2011, 10:12 AM
Super Moderator

Hope, you hanging in, too?
Old 01-23-2011, 11:22 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
Hope, you hanging in, too?

Cassie,

How sweet you are to ask. I notice you always try to respond to as many people as possible on the threads, always offering kind words and support. Sometimes with all that's going on in my life, I say to myself what the hell are you doing on this fitness website when everything else seems to be falling apart? Maybe it's to gain some measure of control or to feel like I have some even though I have pretty well gone off the rails in diet, exercise, life. But then I read messages from people like you and it gives me hope.

Last edited by canary52; 01-23-2011 at 12:08 PM.
Old 01-23-2011, 02:58 PM
Super Moderator

Hope, you are here on this site because it is one thing you do to take care of you. Even if it's just a little tiny step some days, it's an important one.

Some days are good, some days are not so good, some days are bad.

I didn't have time to respond to your post earlier but did want to let you know that it is very common and IN NO WAY WHATSOEVER a reflection on you. Honest, take it from a professional . Let that go and do what you can do to help yourself as well as those you care about.

((hugs))
Old 01-23-2011, 03:02 PM
Super Moderator

Reporting for Sunday:

1. Burn more cals than I eat by 250-300 (3 pesky pounds from holidays!). Yes-341, Yes-269, Yes-400, Yes-253 (whew!), Yes-252, No-+70; how do you spell that annoying "you lose" buzzer sound?, Yes-340
2. Drink 2-3 big blue bottles of water daily. Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes
3. Exercise six days. Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Day Off,Yes, Yes
4. Keep carbs to 45%. Yes-45, Yes-44, Yes-45, Yes-43, Yes-45, No-51, Yes-44
5. 5 fruits and veggies daily. Yes-5, Yes-5, Yes-5, Yes-5, Yes-5, Yes-5, Yes-7
6. 25 grams of fiber daily. Yes-27.5, Yes-31.7, Yes-29.5, Yes-30.5, Yes-25 on the dot, Yes-29, Yes-25.9
7. One organizational task in home office daily. Yes-big dent today, Yes, No-full day out seeing clients, No-in court and report due first thing tomorrow, Yes, Yes, Yes
8. Get trim painted in at least one room. Worked on the staircase trim & spindles

Bring on next week! Congrats to everyone for their progress in this one. Whether we succeed or not, we surely learn something !
Old 01-23-2011, 03:07 PM
FitDay Member

1.Eat 1550 calories per day or less. YES (1515)/ YES (1442) / YES (1505) / YES (1491) / WOOHOO (1445) / YES (1264) / OH YEAH! (1517)
2.Do the 30 Day Shred workout every morning. YES /YES / YES AGAIN! / OH YEAH! / DONE! / YES! / YES YAY!
3.Drink 10 glasses of water per day. DONE /YES SIR / DID IT! / NO PROBLEM! / YES / DONE! / YES
4.Keep carbs to 45% or less. YUP (33%)/ YES AGAIN (35%) / OH YEAH (28%) SI (29%) / / YUP (29%)
/ YES 39% / YES 27%
4.Work on my proposal. Not yet /Still nothing / A LITTLE / Oh boy / Nada / Damn
5.Finish knitting my scarf. Worked on it! /Worked on it some more / Getting there! / Did some more / ALMOST THERE! / I DID IT! It's done!

I have had a really great week. I managed to stay right on plan and I did the 30 Day Shred every morning. I feel really good about that!

To Muna, I am so sorry to hear about your husband's diagnosis. I firmly believe the strength that we need comes to us when we need it and I hope for a miracle for you and your family.

To Hope, I can certainly relate to what you wrote. I hope that this forum can be a refuge for you. Sending warm thoughts...

Hope everyone had a great weekend!
Old 01-23-2011, 04:08 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Default To Muna

I had a feeling that this was an imigration/emigration issue. Living in Southern California with so many mexican immigrants just trying to make a better life for themselves, I so often read stories about families caught in the cross fire of the bizaar laws. The children are legal citizens by birth, but the parents are not, or one parent is legal, but the other is not. The result is heartbreaking and horribly unjust.

You have all of my hopes and prayers that you and your husband find meaningful work. I am reading that Ireland is a tough place to live these days, all of our prayers and wishes are with your family right now.

Pam
Old 01-23-2011, 04:49 PM
Super Moderator

Keep us posted, Muna, and take care of yourself. You can best help your husband and your family when you yourself are well and strong.

Rose, my congrats on a wonderful week for you. I'm sure your dad is smiling at your determination .

I'm going to open up a new thread for Monday...
Old 01-23-2011, 09:43 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by RunbikeSki
I had a feeling that this was an imigration/emigration issue. Living in Southern California with so many mexican immigrants just trying to make a better life for themselves, I so often read stories about families caught in the cross fire of the bizaar laws. The children are legal citizens by birth, but the parents are not, or one parent is legal, but the other is not. The result is heartbreaking and horribly unjust.

You have all of my hopes and prayers that you and your husband find meaningful work. I am reading that Ireland is a tough place to live these days, all of our prayers and wishes are with your family right now.

Pam
You are right. But I'd like to mention that we are not, and never have been, illegal. I read that about a thousand of people leave Ireland each week, can you imagine that people are losing job, companies are going out of business, qualified folks like doctors and the like are emigrating to Australia and Canada. Some people tell us 'f*** off where you came from' but that's the problem we have nowhere to go, I'm from a different country than DH and our kids are Irish nationals with English as a first language, so wherever we go, at least of of us will always be a foreigner.

Re imigration law, I too read some incredible stories of fathers being deported, and even one case of lone African mother who was deported in 2008, leaving behind her 4y old daughter in state care. Authorities just stated this as an 'unfortunate case'. Aaaargh!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.