Notices

Motivational Thread starting 01/17

Old 01-23-2011, 01:01 AM
FitDay Member

Muna, I am so sorry to hear that. Try to stay strong. As Nottango said, "just one day at the time". Stay strong. You can do it.
Mai
Old 01-23-2011, 01:47 AM
FitDay Member

Default Also need changes

Hey, ladies!

I have just started the Fitday thing + exercising (swimming) + healthy eating, my start weitght is 189 lbs, I wanna lose 40 lbs, I guess, and I really need some kind of a support system, otherwise I just give up. My plan is in the first month not to weigh myself daily as I will give up if I wont see any changes, so my first weighing will be on Feb 19.

Hopefully this time I will suceed. Cuz stories and positive attitude on this pages is a good motivator
Old 01-23-2011, 03:26 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Default Saturday report:

Muna, What's going on sweetie??? This sounds really awful! Sometimes having something else to focus on is helpful, but a serious family upheaval like this isn't just your average "excuse". Keep us posted, we will be pulling for you.

1. Join Crossfit, YES!, did the intro fitness assessment today and will begin working out on Thurs. I'll post details elsewhere, but it is an awesome program, didn't get to the gym as I had hoped

2. Keep the calories to 1200 - 1500: 1350, 1264,1121 1130, 1458, 1922, over but that's OK, long run on Sunday

3. Keep the carbs at 40%: 37%, 21% oops, too much of a good thing is not ness. a good thing, 44%, 30%, 45%, 38% I am actually surprised that I was able to keep this goal so well

4. Refrain from alcohol (no football parties): OK 1beer, YES, YES,NO, nope, didn't really try - date night w/the hubs2 glasses of wine - for medicinal purposes only!

5. Adding numbers 2+3+4 means protein consumption at about 90g: 99 g, 117g, 75g, 92g, 59g, 108g

6. Yoga practice (home or in class) twice (it keeps me grounded mentally)not today, ditto, ditto, Tonight for sure... will go to class, but haven't had the discipline for a home practice this week, 1 down, Will shoot for 2 next week when the work schedule is a little less hectic

7. Draw up the plans for the magnetic photo display board: bought the graph paper, just started Thurs AM, in the works, DONE

8. Trim the juniper trees. a weekend project, Tomorrow, DONE, now I need to get the branches chipped and the chips distributed in the yard - yeah!

OK all you football fans, don't blow it during the big game. Put the chips on the far end of the room, let the boys retreive their own snacks, and don't forget to do lots of jumping around and victory dances for every little 1st down and foward progress on the field - burns lots of calories and makes the guys think that your are REALLY into the game

Oh and welcome Baltica! We will be starting a new Motivation on Monday. Join the fun. The participation this time round has been huge and lots of fun.

Last edited by RunbikeSki; 01-23-2011 at 03:27 AM. Reason: addition
Old 01-23-2011, 03:42 AM
Super Moderator

Muna, hang in there and take care of yourelf and your family the best you can. I am so sorry you are going through what sounds to be a horrible time. Keep the faith; my thoughts and prayers are with you.
Old 01-23-2011, 04:04 AM
Super Moderator

Muna, that's a terrible thing to be faced with! I'm sorry for what you are going through.
Old 01-23-2011, 04:08 AM
FitDay Member

Default Weekend is here.

Muna, I'm so sorry for your trials. You can be strong, and remember that there are so many here for support.
Yesterday was a good housework day, but I didn't get any extra exercise done. Had dinner out at a local steakhouse. Ordered the chicken which wasn't terrific, and only ate half. Feel puffy and bloated anyhow. I'm looking forward to finishing this week off pretty well and getting very anxious to start a new one with new goals.
Good luck, everyone. We can succeed through anything. Keep positive and let others help you. Sometimes that is the hardest of all.

1) Log everything I eat and drink on Fitday: yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, no
2) Drink at least 80 oz water each day: no, yes, no, yes, no, yes
3) Aerobic Exercise 5 days; strength 2 days: ran; stationary bike & weights, rest day, treadmill on incline, ran, lazy (unless housework counts)
4) Think something positive about everyone I see...Even myself: yes, yes, yes, yes, (this is getting kinda fun), yes
Old 01-23-2011, 04:43 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by MunaAmin
Thank y'all for you kind words, I don't want to burden anyone with my problems but it's like this.
I got out from a really bad marriage 3 years ago, and then I found my soulmate. We had a baby (LO is 4months) but then DH lost his job and with his job he lost his working visa too. We were told coz we have kids they'll give him 6month 'mercy' visa and if he finds a job, he can stay but if he doesn't, he can't. The law which says 'if you have kids you can stay in Ireland' was cancelled in 2005.
But I'm not just sitting around and waiting. We are fighting hard and we'll win. Of course we are both totally gobsmacked and depressed but at least we have 6months. Hold fingers crossed for us (prayers optional )
Oh okay, well that's much better than I was thinking. While it's still not good, I assumed he was terminally ill and the doctors gave him roughly 6 months to live. oops.
Old 01-23-2011, 05:33 AM
FitDay Member

Noooooo that would be even worse, that's true.
Old 01-23-2011, 07:13 AM
FitDay Member

Default Week of 01/24/11 Goals

Hey ladies! I'm new here I want to share my goals for this upcoming week, I guess as a way to hold myself accountable. And I will try and update as I complete my goals

Eat no more than 1200 calories per day.
Be no more than 40% for carbs per day.
Lose 5 lbs this week.
Go to the gym 4 days @ 90 minutes per day.
Drink 6 tall cups of water per day.
Go to sleep at 11pm every night.

Wish me luck, y'all!
Old 01-23-2011, 07:18 AM
Super Moderator

Welcome, carolinefrance (my fellow southerner!), and good luck with your goals! We will start a new thread tomorrow....look for it, and we'll all get going on our goals together. This is a great thread for encouragement and accountability; it seems to get more popular every week.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.