Community
Notices

Motivational Thread starting 01/17

Old 01-21-2011, 06:22 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
nah... don't kid yourself, I was just looking for spam so I could drop the "Ban Hammer" j/k and thanks.
yeah thought so. cheers.
Old 01-21-2011, 07:08 AM
Super Moderator

Hope, hang in there. I know you are determined to beat all these things the best way you can. You're doing great!

BTW, have you ever tried melatonin for sleep? I've not tried it myself but I have a couple friends who swear by it as a natural remedy.

If I have asked you that before, my apologies. I'm kinda sleep-deprived myself today so I'm a bit fuzzy...
Old 01-21-2011, 08:01 AM
FitDay Member

My Goals For The Week-

1. Eat at least 3 fruit and 2 vegetable servings a day. no close close close
2. Re-eliminate bread! 1 piece no no no
3. Carry a water bottle with me at all times. yes yes yes yes
4. Get snowshoes and gear ready for season. no no yes
5. Take multi-vitamin daily. yes yes yes yes
6. Move from "healthy eating mode" to "weight loss mode" to shed holiday pounds. Was hoping to hit this harder this week but will wait until my health is 100%

Non-Food Related Goals-

1. Make appointment for physical and mammo. no no next week
2. Be patient and supportive of daughter during finals week. (She's a bear!) yes yes yes yes, last one is today... woohoo!!!
3. Schedule "me" time each day. Give myself permission to do nothing, for even a
few minutes, every day. yes yes yes yes
4. Say or do something nice or unexpected for someone each day. yes yes yes yes

TGIF!!! Everything is getting back to normal and although I wasn't successful in losing
weight this week, I did maintain my healthy eating habits without flying off the rails while sick and having an enormously bad (AND EXPENSIVE!) week. Have to be mindful of my eating during this weekends football games... already working on "healthified" party foods. Date night always makes things right after a rough week. Hello, Lambrusco...

quinn
Old 01-21-2011, 08:12 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
Hope, hang in there. I know you are determined to beat all these things the best way you can. You're doing great!

BTW, have you ever tried melatonin for sleep? I've not tried it myself but I have a couple friends who swear by it as a natural remedy.

If I have asked you that before, my apologies. I'm kinda sleep-deprived myself today so I'm a bit fuzzy...
melatonin works well for me also.
Old 01-21-2011, 09:06 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Melatonin works pretty well for me, but boy, do I get the trippiest dreams on that stuff!

Hope you are feeling better this weekend Quinn, good job staying on track even though you were feeling under the weather. I guess I am glad football is over for us - Patriots fans
Old 01-21-2011, 10:06 AM
FitDay Member

1. Produce: Y, Y, Y, Y, No but close
2. Exercise: Every day since Tues! Hooray!
3. Calories: T-W 1500, Th 1800, Fri = 3,200!!!!!! I hate myself! I have to work so hard to barely get the tiniest calorie deficit and then I blow it on one day. We went to Chipotle for lunch and I had a bowl, said I was going to eat half but ate the whole thing, plus sour cream and guac and chips. I ate one of those huge blueberry muffin things someone brought into work. I am so exhausted and bloated and crabby and stressed about work, worked on our taxes for a few hours which made me stressed and so i ate a few hundred calories of M&M's and Reese's, and not getting good sleep either.

On Wed I weighed 116 when I woke up and then today I was 122 when I woke up. Bleah! I feel like I"ll never reach my goals b/c I like to eat too much.
Old 01-21-2011, 10:34 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Ruby,
It is hard to believe that you picked up 6 "real" pounds in 2 days. That is almost impossible. I'm thinking it's just water and other stuff that your body hasn't eliminated yet. So don't get so down on yourself - you are only human girl. Pick yourself up, brush yourself off, toss out the M&Ms and move on. You are doing great - just look at your post!

Pam
Old 01-21-2011, 10:38 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by RunbikeSki
Ruby,
It is hard to believe that you picked up 6 "real" pounds in 2 days. That is almost impossible. I'm thinking it's just water and other stuff that your body hasn't eliminated yet. So don't get so down on yourself - you are only human girl. Pick yourself up, brush yourself off, toss out the M&Ms and move on. You are doing great - just look at your post!

Pam
I agree totally, she's have to eat about 21,000 calories over maint. to gain 6 real pounds. If I eat salty foods I'll put on a ton of weight, just from holding water, but it comes off just as quickly.

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 01-21-2011 at 11:00 AM.
Old 01-21-2011, 11:52 AM
FitDay Member

Friday, not so well in the eating, Will try to work out before bed.

1. Eat less than 1500 cals No, close to 1900
2. Work out 5-6 times YES 4 times3
. Eat at least 2 nights without carb 1
4. This morning I weight 136.5, try to lose 1 pound this week
Not weight in during the week.
5. Log in food religiously Yes
Mai
Old 01-21-2011, 01:09 PM
Super Moderator

Rubypeanut, I agree with Pam and Mike. I doubt it's real poundage. But have you ever considered that maybe you restrict your calories too much and that leads to you going overboard? I know that in my experience, if I set out to have a 500 calorie deficit a day, it puts me at a pretty low level of calories and I end up overeating even when I don't want to. But if I say, ok, let's just restrict 250 or so, then I find it's enough food that I don't give in to temptation. Yes, it takes longer for the pounds to drop, but not in the long run, because I don't derail myself.

Please don't keep beating yourself up! Be realistic, tell yourself that you are healthy and at a healthy body weight, and that you'll make different choices tomorrow. Staying in a negative mental state can make you more vulnerable to caving in. Think of how strong and in control you'll feel when you can say, "ok, got right back on track..."

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.