Notices

Daily dose of Lizzie

Old 04-22-2012, 01:47 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Lizards13
I must say I admire that especially as Mum is 82 and so many women of that age would have given up worrying about how they look.
Lizzi,
I am too admire your mother. I feel very dull (the way I dress, everyday, jean, T-shirt, tennis shoe, no make up). I need to make an effort to dress up. I feel very good and also look good when I dress up. It's not that hard but I have to make an effort because my mom is very simple. And she has never taught me to dress up. My husband doesn't mind. But I feel good when I put on heel and skirt, or dresses.
Mai
Old 04-23-2012, 07:23 AM
FitDay Member

Mai. Maybe we should start by saying that one day per week, perhaps Sat or Sun we will dress in a dress or skirt and put on some make up. That can be our feel good day.
Today I called in to see mum and she was just home from getting her eyebrows done, she said to me that the day she stops caring about her appearance is the day I'll know that she died. I don't think anyone would notice the difference with me but that is going to change.
I have bought a very beautiful dress for a cocktail party but that's a special occasion, when I go to Budapest in May I will surprise my BF by wearing a dress when we go for dinner on at least two nights.
Otherwise this has been a bummer of a day, last week I ate pretty well and exercised more than I have in months and what happens- the scales show a 2lb increase. Unbelievable..
Anyway, I didn't let it get to me today, I've kept under 1200 and got my 1/2 hr in as well, but it's hard when you don't know what you've done wrong.
Old 04-24-2012, 10:23 PM
FitDay Member

Very long day yesterday, had fruit and a scone for lunch, no dinner and then a cheese sandwich at around 23:00. Was tempted to wash it down with a glass of vino but had a small glass of fruit juice instead.
Didn't get my 30mins brisk walk in but did spend more than 2 hours wandering around the shops on a break between meetings.
Hopped on the scales this morning and it said 150.5 - hopped back on 3 times and it kept saying the same, now I'm confused but very happy. If its right then this is the first downward movement I've seen in ages, I so hope things are starting to shift again.
Only 3 sleeps until we go to Palma, it'll be nice spending time with my sis and BIL and mum but even better seeing BF for the first time in about 8 weeks.
Mum is 82 on May 1 and we will be travelling home on her birthday so I am going to sneak her cards and presents from me and my sons into her house when we go to pick her up on Sat so that she will have them there when she gets home.
Guess I'd better go do some work, catch you later
Old 04-26-2012, 08:38 AM
FitDay Member

Scales had gone up a little this morning but still down from last week. Will take to or rows as the one for this week as that was my goal day. Don't think I've made it but it's close.
I've been trying to remember how I managed to keep up my loss when I started and I guess it was all about planning what I'd eat and logging everything early in the day so that I knew whether I could have a treat or not. Recently I've been guessing and then saying oh I'm sure I could have some ice cream or a choccie when I'm probably way over, funny how we look and think that's probably only a couple of calories when it's closer to 100. So stop guessing and start logging properly again, that's my plan.
Got my 30 mins in and ate well today so I feel ok on the food front, I'm just tired as I'm still not sleeping as well as I'd like, too many things on my mind I guess. The short break should do me good.
Only working half a day tomorrow so home to iron and pack, ready for Sat. Mum is so looking forward to this, it'll be good to see her enjoying herself. Sometimes I forget how difficult and isolating it must be for her not to be able to hear very well, she had such a great social life with her dancing and holidays but that has all finished now and although she goes out shopping and keeps busy in the house and garden it's not the same. I'm thinking about taking her away later in the summer for a weekend in the south of Ireland, maybe a spa break or a city break.
Anyway I'm off to bed now.
Old 04-27-2012, 06:04 AM
FitDay Member

Didn't make my goal of 150 today but just missed out by 1lb, so I'm fairly happy
However as I'm off on my short break I don't think that will last too long.
My new goal is for June 9th when I head off for 2 weeks with work. I don't mind the work but the food is always pretty dire, lots of pies and chips and stodgy food served up 3 times a day. I'm dreading it.
Ok I'll be off line ( unless BF brings his IPAD) so everyone have a wonderful weekend and stay good ( well try).
Old 04-27-2012, 12:26 PM
FitDay Member

Lizie, Congratulation on reaching your goal rather early. I am so admire you writing very often. I wish I could write like you. Have a nice time.
Mai
Old 05-02-2012, 12:58 AM
FitDay Member

Mai. Thank you, just write when you want to but keep reading the forums, it helps me to know I not alone.

I've just back from my few days away. The weather was great, lots of sun and a lovely hotel. Enjoyed spending time with my family. Ate and drank far too much as the food was sooo good and because Mum was with us we didn't walk as much as we usually would so I can really feel the lbs that went on. Now it's back to porridge as my gran would have said and a lot of work to do to make up for letting myself go.
I've told BF that when we go to Budapest in 10 days time, we will have to be way more careful with our eating and drinking and he agrees. It can be so hard sometimes but I know that the results are worth it so it's kick up the a*s time for me.
Old 05-03-2012, 05:45 AM
FitDay Member

Back on track but finding it hard. I just seem to be hungry all the time. My count for today is sitting around 1250 and I am determined not to have anything more this evening. I have so many things to do and the next few weeks are just full of deadlines and things to remember. I've been writing out my lists since I got home from work so I think I have most of the things covered.
This weekend i'm trying on my summer stuff and charity will get those that don't fit any more.
I'm off to buy a new swimsuit too if I can find a nice one that doesn't show too much boob.
Now I have to do some housework before I head off for a long soak.
Old 05-04-2012, 04:48 AM
FitDay Member

Not doing too badly, looking forward to going to see a band tomorrow evening with a friend I haven't seen for years. This is a long weekend as Monday is a public holiday and if only we could get some sunshine I would be out in the garden working. I'm afraid I'm a bit of a wimp when it comes to the cold, I can keep my body warm but my hands and my nose are freezing unless the sun is out and strong. It worries me that during the winter I stay cooped up except when going to work, so when I retire will that mean me hibernating like a bear from Oct to June.
I do really need to get the garden sorted, it's not large and my sister designed and planted it out for me so that it takes minimum work to keep it looking good, but all my pots need redoing and the deck needs treated and I have to cut back some of the climbers that are growing madly over everything.
So get yourselves revved up for the weekend and don't stray too far off the path, summer is coming and that means climbing out from under the layers and getting some rays on our skin.
Old 05-07-2012, 01:58 AM
FitDay Member

Saturday night was great, band were rocking and everybody was enjoying themselves. It was great catching up with my friends, we all rode bikes together and they still do, i sold mine several years ago as i had nowhere to garage it and was just not getting out often enough because of the cold weather. I met a woman who only started riding when she was 45, 6 years ago and she has been to the states twice, once to Sturgis Rally and once biking from LA to Vegas to San Francisco, the same route I did in a car last Sept, I really admire her for tackling that trip. Talking about it made me want to buy another bike.
I'm off at the end of the week to Budapest and will be looking out for Bruce Willis who is filming another Die Hard movie there next week, I love the John McClain character and it would be amazing to catch sight of Bruce.
My hair has got so long and I just don't know what to do with it, I feel I'm too old for hair past my shoulders but I can't decide on a style. Guess I'll leave it until I'm sure.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.