Notices

Daily dose of Lizzie

Old 08-23-2011, 08:08 AM
FitDay Member

Where in the US is this road trip taking you? Anywhere near me??
Old 08-23-2011, 09:00 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Dee. No way out west, California and Vegas area. Hope you are having a good day. I'm just off to bed, I did pretty well today.
Old 08-24-2011, 03:25 AM
FitDay Member

Thats as far away from me as you are now Booooooo. I am sure you will have a wonderful time, be prepared for really hot weather though, should be no problem to sweat off any extra pounds you may ingest while you are there. Temp in Vegas today is over 30 degrees.
Old 08-24-2011, 09:32 AM
FitDay Member

I could do with some heat today, in fact we had to put heaters on in work as it was so cold. We are obliged to turn the heating off from 01 May until 01 Oct but we snuck in a couple of electric heaters which takes the chill out off the office. Sometimes it is actually warmer outside than in our building.
I have been thinking of buying a pair of purple shoes that I saw last sat, they are higher than I would usually wear and should really have a pretty dress to go with them, but they were comfortable and better yet not very expensive. I am a sucker for purple and I don't really have any dressy shoes so....... Maybe if I hit my goal tomorrow they could be my treat.
I am going for my deep tissue massage tomorrow evening, the physio that I had certainly helped my neck pain and the massage is keeping it settled so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I'll be able to do a lot of walking this trip and not suffer like I did when we went to Paris.
My iPod is gone I think, so it's time to stop pining for it and get a new one, if someone has taken it - a hex on them.
Old 08-25-2011, 01:25 AM
FitDay Member

Sorry about the ipod, I couldn't walk without mine either, I have it loaded up with high energy songs, I find I walk or run faster when it is fast paced. Well you haven't reported on your weigh in yet today, I am looking forward to seeing that you hit your mini goal. A massage sounds absolutely heavenly right now especially after I have just gotten in from a 5 km walk/run. Hope you're having a great day.
Old 08-25-2011, 06:58 AM
FitDay Member

Today was a bit hectic. I didn't sleep well, missed the alarm , realised I only had minutes to get washed, dressed and be at my meeting place where I had to pick up keys from someone who also had to get to work so wouldn't wait if I was late. So didn't get on scales this morning and don't want to do it now so it will have to be tomorrow but I will post immediately. My massage was great as always, I'm nipping back in tomorrow to get my eyebrows done. Will have to tell the man that I can't find the iPod as he bought it for me. Thinking of buying one while I'm in the States, as I can't go much longer without it.
Another fairly good food day but one of my guys at work brought in a large tin of chocolates to say thanks for sorting something out for him. I told my assistant that I'd have a couple out of it and then she could take the rest home. I ate 2 and had left another 4 out to have with coffee but after the first 2 I threw 2 back into the tin, so still ate 4 choccies that I didn't need but that's still better than 6 In the past I could have managed twice that many with a cup of coffee and you know most of the time I don't think I really took the time to enjoy them. One of my guilty pleasures is having chocolates sent to me every 2 months from a fancy chocolatiers. They are so rich and delicious that I can honestly stop at one each evening as a treat, I nibble and savour every bite.
Old 08-25-2011, 06:49 PM
FitDay Member

Thumbs down Didn't quite make it

. Only lost 1/2 lb this week so was 1 lb over my goal. It's nobody's fault but mine, as Otis Redding once sang. The rear end has been stuck to the chair all week and losing my iPod is not really a valid excuse, I don't know why I am so lazy when it comes to exercise. I do know that if I don't get into it I will not lose any more weight, and that would not be good. Last night i was standing in the kitchen just before bed making a decaff and wondering what i could have that wasnt too high in cals and i suddenly thought, am i really hungry or is it just wanting to eat and the answer .... Take the coffee and leave the kitchen.
I'm having a pamper evening tonight, just at home by myself, long bubbly bath, all the tidy ups required ( you know what I mean) do my nails etc.
Today is my last day at work for 3 weeks - yippee
I have also decide to move my weigh in to Monday and I will start next week just before I drop off the threads for a while.

If anyone is in the path of Irene, please take care, stay safe and I hope you avoid any damage. Otherwise everyone have a great Friday.
Old 08-26-2011, 03:32 AM
FitDay Member

1/2 a lb is still a loss and a loss is always a good thing. Never mind waiting til you get to the States to pick up an ipod, you need to walk to the store now and get one, you need time to load music on it before your vacation so you will have it with you when you are in the hotel gym working out every morning :c) How's that for a nice friendly kick in the butt?

I have always preferred Monday weigh ins because it forces me to behave myself on the weekend.
Old 08-26-2011, 04:09 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks Dee, you're right of course, maybe not about the gym in the hotel each morning but for kicking my butt. I'm hoping that as we aren't staying too long in each location we will be up and about early and we intend to walk as much as we can to see all the sights. The man arrives tomorrow morning, hopefully bearing the cat scarer for mother's garden. We are out tomorrow evening with my sis and BIL and mum for a meal, i've elected to drive so no wine for me and that usually helps me make better choices.
A loss is still a loss and I am heading off almost 2 stone lighter than when i went on hols last year, so i should be happy. Enjoy the rest of your Friday everyone.
Old 08-28-2011, 04:19 AM
FitDay Member

Out last night with my sis,BIL, mum and my partner. We had a lovely meal, I drove so didn't drink, skipped the dessert and chose sea bass with vegetables instead of the other dishes which all had a lot of creamy sauces. Only mistake I made was to eat some bread with a gorgeous olive butter and then have a venison terrine starter which also came with toasted bread. But in the past I would have had all the courses plus wine and liqueur coffee, at least I cut back last night. Having my partner home is always challenging for me food wise as I often only have fruit at lunchtime and I now stock the fridge with low cal foods but he loves cheese and pate and bread and it's hard not to join him for some at lunchtime.
Have spent today packing and sorting things for our trip, charging up my cameras etc.
Can't believe it's only 2 days away now.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.