Notices

Daily dose of Lizzie

Old 03-28-2011, 02:23 AM
FitDay Member

Good morning. Well another weekend of a bit too many beers and less than healthy food. Back on the wagon again this morning.

Lizzie, are you counting calories or just trying to eat better? I find I don't stick with the calorie counting because it feels like too much of a diet and I know it's not something I could maintain long term. So I am trying to learn to eat better.
Old 03-28-2011, 07:54 PM
FitDay Member

Morning, I had a good break away but felt that I had relaxed a little too much and was in a panic about having put weight back on but no the scales are actually down by 1/2 lb. Not much but in the right direction, so I was wondering how? when I thought about my trip I realised that, yes I had eaten out and drank some wine and had pudding but instead of saying what the heck I'm on holiday, I had tried to be careful the rest of the time. So only a couple of small glasses of wine instead of filling the glass a third or fourth time, stopping for coffee and NO muffin, no chocolate bars, getting my partner to buy a low cal mini pudding and no cream. Looking back at other trips I can see I just let him feed me and I ate way way too much, so bad as I was I was still better.
I do log everything in but that's as much about helping me see where my pitfalls lie as keeping me to a certain number. I am constantly amazed at some of my " healthy" foods being so high in sugars etc, I'm still going to eat them but adjust the amounts. For me it is the healthy choices that I want to make but I'm a lazy cook and living alone means pre packed meals and I really believe that some of those contain processed foods that can make it difficult to lose weight so I still buy the meals but am more choosy about which ones. Have a great day.
Old 03-29-2011, 09:56 AM
FitDay Member

Missed my dance class last night as my flight didn't get in on time and next week is the last one :-( today has been a good food day and it's nearly bed time and I'm not hungry. The rest of this week should be easy to manage until Saturday when my sister and I take my Mum out for afternoon tea at a VERY posh hotel, then I'm off to a quiz night, but as I will be driving there will be no wine for me. In 2 weeks time I'm meeting up with 3 friends who I haven't seen for months and I'm hoping to have lost a total of around 17 lbs by then, it will be interesting to see if they notice. The only people to have said anything so far has been my mum, my sister and my partner. My best (and very slim) friend has not passed comment, I know it sounds sad but it really helps if someone
notices, gives you a boost. No matter how much I tell myself that primarily this is about my health, there is a part of me acknowledges that I also want to look good too, but is there anything wrong with a little vanity?
Old 03-30-2011, 06:51 AM
FitDay Member

Had a great bowl of my mum's homemade vegetable soup for dinner, tasty and full of goodness. Tomorrow is my official weigh in day and i'm a bit worried. Now we all know that we should NOT jump on and off the scales every day but..... it's human nature to want to know, so i got on this morning and my that blasted little digital display had added a couple of pounds back on. However i know i was good yesterday and today so i'm keeping my fingers crossed X
Old 03-30-2011, 07:41 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Lizzie,

I have a hard time not weighing daily but I am trying to work on that. I understand wanting someone to notice all of your hard work too.
Old 03-30-2011, 09:07 AM
FitDay Member

Lizzie as I mentioned in my Monday post I was up and down all week but when weigh in day came I was back down again. For the last two days I have been back over my Monday weight and I have barely eaten a thing the last few days as I am working nights and sleeping the rest of the time. I am sure by next Monday the scale will be moving in the right direction again. Your weigh in tomorrow will be just fine, but if it isn't don't worry too much about it, you know where you made your eating mistakes and you know how to fix it. Baby steps girlfriend and you will get you were you need to go.
Old 03-31-2011, 08:03 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks Dee, I needed that today as the scales were not friendly but I stayed calm and didn't stray from my plan. I even stared into the gaping jaws of hell today and survived, yes I went shopping, past the aisles of freshly baked breads, the cakes and ice creams and all the other beckoning bad boys and headed straight for the fruit and veg. Then I came home and threw together a huge salad which I ate with a small venison burger and the best part was that I really enjoyed it.
Old 04-03-2011, 06:21 AM
FitDay Member

Not a bad weekend food wise but not great either, feeling a bit low at present so maybe that has something to do with my cravings. Oh well start of the week tomorrow, got to give myself a shake, plan my meals and do some serious exercise as well. I have a fridge full of healthy food so it's just about getting on with it, but sometimes it all seems like a lot of effort for little return. Sorry for being such a drag today, promise I'll sort myself out by tomorrow.
Old 04-03-2011, 10:17 PM
FitDay Member

Hey Lizzie, sorry I have been absent this past week, I have been so exhausted and thought of little but sleep when I have been home.
You said you were a little low at present and that might by why you are having the cravings, could it maybe be the that you didn't eat really great on the weekend that is causing you to be low, sounds like a pretty vicious circle doesn't it. I had a similar problem this past friday, I ate some things that I just shouldn't have, I could have said no thank you when the boss brought coffee and donuts for us all, but no I had to indulge and have 2, this had me feeling guilty, not to mention slightly ill, so instead of coming home Friday morning and getting back on track, I used the old in for a penny in for a pound adage and ate like shit all day Friday, I didn't sleep, but I managed to graze all day and not on things I could even justify and was too embarrassed to write down even if I could figure out the calories in them, which of course made me feel worse and thus eat more. I woke up Saturday morning and shook myself off, kicked my own backside (not as easy as you think) and did a whole day of detox to get all the junk out. I am not sure if my form of detox would be considered healthy by anyone in the medical profession, but it worked for me, I drank lots of liquids, and ate nothing but fresh fruit and veggies. The scale this morning proves that it worked because when I got up Saturday I was up 2 lbs from my last weigh in. Not bad eh? 2lbs in one day of eating :-)
Old 04-04-2011, 09:17 AM
FitDay Member

Dee ,Oh I can so relate to your shit Friday, yesterday started pretty good but somewhere I lost it and ended up stuffing chocolate into my face until I felt truly sick. Part of it was about not doing well since my weekend away and not losing any weight ( in fact going back up) and part was just stress and stuff getting to me. Today I am back in control and I'm going to put the past week behind me. Dee was asking what is normal? I feel that those images of women that are thrust at us every day are no more normal than I am abnormal, I want to be a healthy weight, I want to look in the mirror and be reasonably happy with my shape, I don't expect to lose all my lumps and bumps as I can never see me pushing myself that hard to tighten everything up to where it was when I was very young and active. We are not stepford wives or clones, we are all different thank
goodness, we should be striving for a body that feels right to us and for a diet that keeps
us in great health right into our old age.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.