Notices

Daily dose of Lizzie

Old 03-06-2011, 06:11 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks kajajo. Well I didn't eat as much as I feared I would, had the starter which was a couple of asparagus wrapped in Parma ham, skipped the soup, ate very little of the main course, but did enjoy the pudding. And of course there was the wine and a liqueur and a few chocs with coffee but I've been very good today to make up for it. I know that it's up to me to be careful but when you're paying for the evening you feel you have to get your money's worth, that's my excuse. Apart from that it was a good evening with people I don't get to see too often and a couple of them commented that I looked slimmer - result!
Old 03-09-2011, 07:57 AM
FitDay Member

I know that I haven't been really bad over the past few weeks so why have I put 2 lbs back on. Tomorrow is my weigh in day and I will be gutted if they are still clinging on. I should be down to 164 tomorrow if I had been on target but I'm not too hopeful. Felt good on Monday after my dance class, quite virtuous in fact, I really enjoy dancing as a form of exercise and the time goes in so quickly. This time I won't fall off the wagon just because I'm not losing as quickly as I'd like too but it's so depressing.
Old 03-09-2011, 06:53 PM
FitDay Member

I will not crack... I will not give up..... Scales today show another 1.5 GAIN but I have not been overeating this week, my calories never get above 1200 and I'm supposedly allowed 1600 to lose 1lb per week so what's going on? I'm not as active as I should be but I did factor that in to my restriction total. However my clothes do feel looser and I look a little better but I don't want to stick here or worse still put it back on cos I have a long way to go to get into the healthy weight range- another 32 lbs at least. Sorry for whinging but I guess this is the place to do it as I'm sure there are some of you who knows exactly what this feels like and how frustrating it is, especially if you have a friend who has just told me that she thought she need to lose a few pounds so she cut out the extra bars of chocolate she usually had to tide her over until dinner or before bed ( and i know that she does do this) and dropped 2 lbs last week, but she is only 105 to start with and this is the heaviest she has been! Oh life is unfair, well rant is over, thanks for listening. Off to work now, sun is shining although wind is howling and I WILL do a 30 min walk at lunchtime, call back later to check that I have and feel free to tut tut if I haven't. Have a good day/ evening wherever you are.
Old 03-09-2011, 11:44 PM
FitDay Member

Lizzie, so good to see you, I was wondering where you had gotten to. I totally relate to you and the 105 lb friend, unfortunatly for me its my daughter. If she can't fit into her size 1 jeans she just cuts out Taco Thursdays for a couple of weeks. Everyone in my family is tiny, none of them got my fat genes, as I think I mentioned before I have been on a diet almost constantly since I was 7.
We are in almost exactly the same spot with our weight right now and love the support you give me. You mentioned the 1600 cal a day to lose, according to my doctor 1500 cal for most people to maintain, 1200 to lose 1 lb a week. I tried 1200 a week and gained every single week for 2 months, so I think it is different for all body types and more specifically ages. When I was younger and a lot more active 1200 would have been fine for losing, now I have to keep it closer to 1000 if I want to lose anything. Have a good day at work, I just got home so I am off to bed as soon as the lads leave for school.
Old 03-10-2011, 08:20 AM
FitDay Member

That's interesting about the calorie levels. I used fitday's equation to work it out for me, you know my present weight and how much I need to lose and by what date and it gave me 1600 in order to lose 1lb per week. However it does seem a bit high, I guess I was hoping that I could eat some more and still lose, although I've been averaging under 1200 as I said. Today is around 990 but I have the weekend coming up and as you know that's my downfall. I have carried my extra weight since I was about 19, losing some for a while but gradually going up and up until my heaviest which I have been stuck at for a
couple of years now. My job used to me way more active but for the past ten years I've been desk bound and that hasn't helped. On a better note I did have a brisk 30 min walk today like I promised.
Old 03-10-2011, 11:17 PM
FitDay Member

Good Job on taking the walk yesterday, I can honestly say I did no exercise what so ever, I worked at night, so there is some physical work involved there though not enough to consider a workout, then slept most of the day, got up and took my son to the Arena to referee a hockey game, then came home and sat at the computer for a couple of hours. Have you ever talked to your doctor about your calorie intake, as you know everyones metabolism is different. Also have the doctor check your thyroid, my mum discovered with the onset of Menopause that she had a tyroid problem which prevented her from losing weight and as I am getting close to that age, I am going to get mine checked as well.

Anyway girl I have to run and get ready for the dentist (not thrilled) have a great weekend. The word for this weekend is going to be MODERATION, I have a hockey banquet to attend on Saturday and then after my sons All Star game on Sunday they are having a pizza party. YIKES!!!
Old 03-10-2011, 11:49 PM
FitDay Member

I did have my thyroid checked because I exhibited a lot of the symptoms connected with hypothyroidism but I came in just over the level where they would start to treat. I read recently that some people don't believe that there are great differences in metabolisms but I totally disagree. I describe the difference between my always skinny friend and me in this way..... When the food goes down the chute into the stomach she has two little men who straightaway shovel it into a furnace and it all gets burnt up quickly, my two men are sitting with their feet up and reading the paper and occasionally they will throw a few bits into the furnace but leave most of it piled in the corner. I'm off today and just about to do 30 mins on my Wii (better than nothing). so Moderation is the word, ok will try, promise.
Old 03-11-2011, 04:41 AM
FitDay Member

I love your two little men analogy, I think mine are doing the same as yours, but they also have a beer in hand :-)
Old 03-11-2011, 08:54 AM
FitDay Member

Just home from movies, went to new burger place and had a burger with Monterey Jack cheese and jalapeños, only half a bun, a small amount of fries and a glass of wine. Not the best meal in the world diet wise but it was so tasty. Oh if only that had been all for the evening but my son bought wine gums and left them between us and eventually the inevitable happened and before I knew it I'd eaten about 10, now that's about 200 wasted calories, but tomorrow is another day.
Old 03-12-2011, 09:13 AM
FitDay Member

Well tomorrow has been and gone and I had another bad food day, went for lunch and shopping with two girlfriends, had a lovely goats cheese salad and let them eat most of the fries that they ordered but we had a bottle of wine between us. Home and tired so just grabbed a half a pizza and then poured a glass of wine without even thinking so total today sitting above 1600, going to bed soon before I start looking for more goodies to consume.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.