Notices

Daily dose of Lizzie

Old 01-23-2011, 09:03 AM
FitDay Member

Sunday - not a bad day entirely, but my son arriving for dinner meant the celebratory glass ( or two) of wine. Otherwise I cooked a good healthy meal which we both enjoyed, back on the right path tomorrow and on the scales Tuesday. Going to my dance class tomorrow eve so at least I will be up and moving.
Old 01-24-2011, 06:54 PM
FitDay Member

Missed posting yesterday, having some personal problems which are keeping me awake at night, but for once I didn't turn to food ( or alcohol) for comfort. I 'm trying to keep my diet as close to my normal likes as possible as I know it has to be a life change so there's no point forcing myself to eat foods that I hate because it won't last.
Anyway another ib off this week, slowly slowly catchy monkey as they say.
Impatience is a diet saboteur for me, my mind starts to wander and I lose focus.
This has been happening since after I had my kids, that's when my weight started to pile on, but the kids are adults now and I'm still fat.
On a better note, I enjoyed my Bollywood dance class last night, exercise and fun, great.
Have a great day everyone.
Old 01-25-2011, 06:01 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by bettmrr
I have a weird eating habit particularly on work days, i do eat a breakfast usually oatmeal (now wit protein powder) 7am but don't get to eat again until after 4pm so its a long day without food. It can sometimes sabotage my efforts because I get so hungry I binge when I get in or start snacking as I'm making dinner. I'm trying to curtail this by having healthy soups at the ready to drink on my way home from work so that I'm ready to go straight into a workout when I get in. then I have a sensible appetite for dinner at 7/8pm

Its all about adapting to your own individual needs rather than trying to adapt to a one size fits all.

best of luck
As I'm cooking dinner I always pull out cherry tomatoes and olives(2 of my favorite foods) and I eat about 35 calories, sometimes I add in a string cheese >.<, but I'm always a little fuller for dinner and don't end up eating as much for dinner.
Old 01-26-2011, 10:13 AM
FitDay Member

I've tried low cal nibbles before dinner and having a banana in the car on the way home but the past few days I've moved my lunch by about 30 mins later and that seems to be working for now. I'm hungry when I get in but not ravenous so I can cook my evening meal without grabbing some bread and butter while I'm preparing it. Whatever works for each of us is the important thing and it's great to hear other peoples tricks and tips, I'm happy to try new ways to curb my appetite.
Today was another good food day and I'm off to bed feeling quite virtuous, but I still need that kick up the behind to get me started on the daily exercise programme, how lazy am I?
Old 01-28-2011, 09:00 AM
FitDay Member

The best laid plans........ Had organised to go to the cinema with my son and to go for a meal beforehand, knew what I was going to have, all good low cal with salad but we were late and so had to go to the movies first and then we were both tired but hungry so just grabbed a chicken royale meal on way home, can't believe how many calories in those skinny little fries. On the plus side... I didn't have any goodies at the cinema, I had eaten very frugally for lunch and I very rarely eat that type of fast food.
Old 01-31-2011, 06:58 PM
FitDay Member

I am no longer officially obese, the little arrow has just slid marginally into the overweight zone. My first milestone passed, hurrah. Enjoyed my Bollywood dance class yesterday, and it was just what I needed after a high cal Sunday. Work is a bit stressful and my personal life is a bit wobbly but this time I won't stuff myself full of rubbish to try to make myself feel better because I know that it only makes me feel worse when I finally stop and realise how far I'd come and now have to start over, and I've done this so many times. Have a great day.
Old 02-03-2011, 12:42 AM
FitDay Member

My partner is coming home for the weekend and we are entertaining so I know that my resolve will falter and my diet will suffer. The only saving grace is that he likes to be more active than I do so this time I will encourage him to drag me along and make me get up and get out walking. I am scouring low cal recipes which will suit everyone and have come up with what I think is a very tasty but healthy meal. The proof of the pudding ....... hopefully will be in the lack of added poundage this time. Wish me luck and some willpower please
Old 02-07-2011, 05:56 AM
FitDay Member

Omg what an end to the week. From Thursday my calorie count went through the roof, out with my mum and sis to dinner and a show, fri my partner arrived so celebratory meal and drinks. Saturday I made a great meal for my sis and brother-in-law and having cut my finger, dropped two of my favourite glasses and picked up an eye infection I felt obliged to enjoy every morsel and as I was at home partake of cocktails and wine. The following day was "finish up the goodies otherwise they will go to waste". So today is penance day, bread and water almost. I have the willpower of a gnat at the weekends
Does anyone know how to cope with those couple of days?
Old 02-10-2011, 09:24 AM
FitDay Member

I have been very good for the last three days to try and make up for last weekend and was very disappointed to see the scales had actually gone up by 1/2 lb. It's my own fault I know but it still hits hard. Today I didn't let it get to me and I've stuck to my diet instead of feeling low and giving in. Hopefully this is just a little blip and I'll be back on track soon.
Old 02-14-2011, 07:02 PM
FitDay Member

Success - I have overcome the bad days and am now on my way to my mini goal this Thursday. In the past a few bad days and a gain would have meant giving up in disgust but the new me just let it go and got back to the diet. Seeing my best friend slip into a tiny dress which had been reduced from £130 to £35 spurred me on.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.