Notices

Daily dose of Lizzie

Old 01-18-2012, 07:20 AM
FitDay Member

My horrible stinking cold seems to be retreating in the face of all the meds I've been throwing at it. I feel quite human tonight. The thing I have realised most about this site is that logging my food really helps to keep me on track and that's what I haven't been doing for weeks. I haven't been too bad this week but I'm sure that I've crept up over my cal limit a few times, it is so easy to do unless you actually count everything each day. My mother had prepared dinner this evening and had bought two (starter size) deep fried Camembert to have with salad but because they looked small had put both on my plate. However knowing that small as they were they were laden with calories so I firmly said I could only manage one thank you all the same. So dinner was not as bad as it could have been, except of course for the coconut meringue bun that she produced for afters, oh dear !!
Just had a gorgeous soak in the bath, am now defuzzed, pumiced, smoothed and creamed and ready for bed after I've done some household accounts. If I continue to feel better tomorrow I will do my 30 mins walk at lunchtime, I promise.
Old 01-21-2012, 08:45 AM
FitDay Member

Too many bad days this week mixed with the good ones equals no loss. I need a swift kick up the pants next week, we are almost into February and I am making no headway. It is so easy to slide back and I am still in the overweight range so I must get myself back on track. I haven't been logging everything and I know I need to, just as i need to plan my meals in advance. So from Monday I will be charting my days, both the good and hopefully not too bad. Got to see BF on Thursday, he is over for work and I had planned to meet him for dinner and stay over in the accommodation but when he saw the transit room he is staying in he decided to book us a room in an hotel for the night. I'm used to very basic rooms but he said this one was way beyond basic. We had a lovely evening, it was so good to see him looking much better than he did at Christmas, he is rarely ill and never complains so I was frightened by his condition when I last saw him. Now he is his old self again except for having to inject himself with insulin, and he's taking that in his stride as he does most things. I will see him again tomorrow evening before he gets the ferry back to England.
I want to leave January with a loss even if it's only 1lb, so here we go.
Old 01-22-2012, 12:01 AM
FitDay Member

Sunday and i have been working hard in the house cleaning and organising stuff. Just about to have a light lunch and then im gonna do some fitness on the Wii. Heading out tonight to see BF before he goes home. We havent had a chance to discuss the wedding yet between his illness and his work but I am going over to see him day after St Valentine's day so maybe we can talk about it then.
I am still all fired up to make the last week of January a turning point so keep reading, and feel free to berate me if it doesnt happen.
Old 01-23-2012, 12:56 AM
FitDay Member

Monday morning and I have logged my breakfast and my lunch.* I have brought in my ipod to do my half hour on the treadmill at lunch time and I have left out some lamb steaks for this evening. Unfortunately I was running late this morning so I was up showered and dressed before I remembered that I was supposed to weigh myself, so it will be tomorrow before I can check that.
Had a lovely meal with BF and his associate last night and I made some good choices too. They were both very tired from the course they had run and the lack of sleep due to the awful accommodation but they had berths on the ferry so hopefully they caught up on the zzzzzs.* Something has changed here as I could only log my food on Fitday on my work computer and it would not allow me into the forums, but here I am, excellent, no excuses for keeping up to date now.* Scrub that, it still wont let me post so I copied what I ahd written, emailed to myself and am now putting it on via my ipad.
*So I have just completed my 30 mins and it's back to work. Enjoy your day
Old 01-24-2012, 09:09 AM
FitDay Member

Have been logging again and it really helps to keep me focused. Had planned on staying below 1200 but have gone over by 150 or so each day so far. However I dread to think how much I have been over this past couple of months when I wasn't paying attention to what I was eating. Bought more fruit, mangos and cherries and pears and some fish and veggies. I'm going to make some flaxmeal muffins, apple and cinnamon to have for breakfast some days, I am starting to get back to actually cooking and baking instead of peeling cellophane back and nuking little trays of food. Got on the scales this morning and I weighed 150lbs which is lower than it has been for weeks but I still have 3 lbs to lose to even get me back to my lowest last year. Better get on with it then.
Old 01-25-2012, 06:56 AM
FitDay Member

Have had a good day today and it's almost bed time so I am staying away from the kitchen and catching up on correspondence. BF got all his dates mixed up so the week long holiday that my sis and I were taking my mum on and some other family has been shrinking rapidly. This year everyone is having really busy work periods so we had settled on the 3rd week in May BUT BF is teaching on a course until 2 days into the holiday, my son's MIL is having her 70th birthday so her family (and him) are taking her to Mexico as a surprise very close to that date. My other son probably won't want to go if No 1 son isn't and so the saga continues. Im sure we will sort something out and will have a lovely time too.
Need to buy some muffin cases on way home tomorrow and get cracking on my baking.
Also need to leave out something nutritious to cook for dinner tomorrow evening, think it will be salmon with a large mixed salad. Just looking at that makes me want to add and a glass of crisp white wine so maybe I will keep the salmon until Saturday when I am allowed my splishy splashy.

Last edited by Lizards13; 01-25-2012 at 06:59 AM.
Old 01-26-2012, 06:10 AM
FitDay Member

Great food day and had afternoon off work as well due to cancelled meeting. Been looking at holidays to take my mum on and I think Portugal may be ideal for our week away. I am planning on getting in some Wii time tonight, it's pouring with rain outside and the wind is howling, a night for being cosy in front of the fire. The only problem I still have is my pie chart which rarely falls below 75% carbs, a lot of which comes from fruit, but I do love my rice, pasta and bread. My BF rang early tonight as he is going to a Burns Night dinner, there is nothing on this traditional menu that I would eat, they start with Shellfish, then Haggis, tatties and neeps, followed by steak pie and finish with Crannachan. I'm sure he'll have a great night though and I'm glad he's going because he has been working so hard and was so ill recently that he needs a good night out.
Old 01-28-2012, 03:33 AM
FitDay Member

Saturday and i have been out shopping with mother to try to find a mobile phone that will work with her hearing aid. So my sister and I are in the shop, Ive given my sim card to the girl and we phone my sister who is now gone outside, I hand the phone to mum and she is shouting into it but cannot hear my sister, the rest of the shop can hear my sister but not Mum. She is quite deaf but will not accept it, she says she can hear all right but the voices are distorted? We bought her a special text phone but she didn't like it, a mobile but she won't learn to text and can't hear anyone on the other end so we have run out of options. We also had to tell her today that we cannot get all the family together to go to France as we all have committments in different months. Eventually she agreed to go on a long weekend to Mallorca in April which my sis and her DH had already booked, so I am trying to organise that.
Left Mum and met my best friend who wanted to go clothes shopping, she is a UK size 8/10 which is probably a US 4/6 and as I have lost weight she seems to be more and more obsessed with sizes. I wasn't actually looking for anything but tried a few things on and one dress that I liked and that fit me, she wanted to know the size, I told her and she said oh yes they are really big fitting, I would only take a 6 in that make. Then she started looking for things for me to try, holding them up and announcing "I love this but they don't do it in small sizes". So I picked up a few things, went in, tried them on, came out with one top that I liked and she said what sizes were the other tops, and I said- too small, too big and this one is just right. From now on that will be my size chart. Anyway in the past I have been mistaken for her mother on a few occasions (she is 10 years younger than me and very petite), but today one of the assistants asked if we were sisters and when I said no, she said we look very alike but she knew we weren't twins even though we are about the same age, best friend was spitting feathers, and I just said what she had told me when they mistook me for her mother - You shouldn't let silly things like that annoy you. She is coming for dinner this evening and I am making Tapas Italian Style, so Id better get a move on.
Old 01-28-2012, 10:14 AM
FitDay Member

I love reading your posts. You help me stay motivated.

I have a friend like that too. Drives me crazy. I just don't shop with her any more. And I don't discuss my weight loss with her either, because she's always lost a pound or two more than I have....Oh, and she's always sicker than I am, or happier, or sadder....I just let her win.
Old 01-29-2012, 04:44 AM
FitDay Member

Talking

Originally Posted by amandabeth1981
I love reading your posts. You help me stay motivated.

I have a friend like that too. Drives me crazy. I just don't shop with her any more. And I don't discuss my weight loss with her either, because she's always lost a pound or two more than I have....Oh, and she's always sicker than I am, or happier, or sadder....I just let her win.
Yes sometimes just saying nothing is easier, she's a good friend in other ways so I let it pass. I have another friend who is the same age as me and she will tell me I look fabulous or stunning or compliment my hair or clothes but will be honest if I look tired or need my hair done.. she is very beautiful in an elegant chic way with cheekbones to die for but I never feel I'm competing with her.
She makes me laugh because she is so honest, she knows when she is looking particularly well and will say so, no false modesty there. My other friend says she hates getting her photo taken more than I do but if you look at her Facebook page she is in every one of the pictures along the top, go figure.
It would be strange though if all our friends were exactly alike and probably boring too.
Today has been a good food day and I'm just about to have dinner, beef stuffed with ricotta and spinach in a tomato sauce with lots of Mediterranean vegetables,
and a cold crisp chenin blanc. Then the weekend will be over and it's back to more plain fare, tomorrow will tell if I've managed to balance the good with the bad, I sure hope so cos I do love the bad lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.