Notices

Daily dose of Lizzie

Old 08-17-2011, 09:49 AM
FitDay Member

Keeping my fingers crossed for good weather for your holiday. You seem to be going great guns on your weight loss plan, well done you.
My mother gave me a big bar of Lindt chocolate as a thank you for some stuff I did for her last weekend, it's going to be hard to avoid it but I've hidden it in the door of the fridge behind other things and I've just looked up the calories - 1 square = 50 cals. If I have enough left over after my meals at the weekend I might allow 1 sq with my coffee or is that tempting fate, could I stop at just one.?
I've been checking out restaurants for my trip as I don't want to be wandering round and round looking for a good place to eat, some of the menus are very interesting, there are foods out there that I have never heard of. This could be quite an experience.
Old 08-18-2011, 04:38 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Lizzie,

Just checking in because like you, I am "blogging" about my stuff and not expecting any replies, but enjoying the ones I get. SO HELLO and WELL DONE on your losses so far.

Can I say something thought about FOOD PUSHERS! I am sure your mom knows you are tyring to lose weight and I KNOW you are not the only person who has experienced this (my mom was the worst!) but why do people PUSH FOOD onto people. A candy bar? Seriously.

On a practical note, sweets are not a problem for me -- but my trigger foods are chips, salty fried anything and if, for some reason, those get into my house (sometimes I have volutneer meetings and people bring that cr*p and it's gets left behind) I KNOW I can't stop at just one -- so I try never to have it around. But when I didn't know this, the thing I learned when I couldn't handle moderation was using dishwashing detergent poured all over the offending item after chucking it in the trash. If you hesitate to think you can't stop a just a few bites, then have the few bites and DAWN, JOY or MR CLEAN the rest! Just my suggestion.

Good luck and I enjoy my daily dose of LIzzie!
Old 08-18-2011, 06:37 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Brandismom, thanks your kind words about enjoying the blog. As you will have realised my biggest downfall is wine, followed closely by tasty breads and chocolate. It's strange but I could definitely see me squirting detergent over leftovers or savoury food but over my chocolate OMG no way. I did have one square last night with my late night decaff and as it is very rich one square was enough.
Made a huge stir fry this evening, I always feel very virtuous when I don't reach for the ready meal. Pretty much threw all kinds of veggies into it, wasn't the prettiest but tasted great. Tried to get my 30 mins walk in at lunch time today but was constantly interrupted so had planned to get on the treadmill I have in my little summerhouse (grand name for a garden shed) but my neck is so painful this evening I'm going to medicate and then see her I feel later.
Old 08-18-2011, 10:19 PM
FitDay Member

It's Friday and it's supposed to be better weather this weekend so into the garden I will go. My pots are sodden and lots of my plants have died, my sister came for a consultation and she tells me that I need to put more pebbles/ broken crockery in the bottoms for drainage. Think I'll have a Greek evening and get everyone to smash their plates at the end just to save my poor plants. I am also overrun with snails and slugs, slimy, slithery creatures, eating everything, but I am on a full scale snail cull (try saying that fast a few times).
Off to see Cowboys and Aliens tonight, weird movie concept but it might be good. Dinner first so I'm being very good until then, and will do my walk at lunch time today.
Old 08-19-2011, 08:00 PM
FitDay Member

Had seriously bad munchies last night. Blew a good week apart with wine, ice cream, chocolates and wine gums. Now it's morning and I wonder why I did it. However, when I think back over when I used to fall off the plan what I overate last night was small in comparison and I stopped myself from raiding the fridge and just eating for the sake of it. Hopefully this is progress. Also I don't have that terrible " what's the point, I can't do this" feeling that always stopped me from reaching my goals, it was just a blip and today I go back to trying hard.
The sun has actually shown his face this morning, I am taking my mum shopping and getting my $ for my holiday. Only 10 days to go, I won't be able to log on for around 16 days as I'm not taking my iPad with me. I find these forums really help so I'm a little worried about that. I'm also worried about how much weight I will put on over those two weeks, and I know I will because who wants to be very strict on hols. I just don't want to go mad and binge everyday and I hope that as it should be hot I will automatically choose light foods. We will be walking a lot too, providing my bad neck and back allows it.
Anyway, enjoy your Saturday if you don't have to work and if you do I hope the day goes fast and you get to relax this evening.
Old 08-20-2011, 08:17 AM
FitDay Member

Lizzie, look at you go I am so impressed with your numbers.......now I guess I will have to play catch up with you. the summer has been horrible for eating, that and the stress of losing my job (lay off) I have been eating all the wrong things. I have already started eating better, but will start my weigh in on Monday as usual. Not looking forward to it.
Old 08-21-2011, 03:32 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Dee, so good to have you back. So sorry to hear about your job, that really sucks. I have to retire in 2 1/2 years and although I will be glad to be out of the rat race i just don't know how i will be able to afford to live on my pension. I am looking at things i might be able to do from home or part time to supplement my income.
Not a great few weeks for me either on the eating and drinking front, nothing majorly bad just not good enough to keep the scales going down and with my hols coming up I really wanted a good start. I just know that the weight will go on while i'm away.
So, Monday is the weigh in for you, let's get you back on track girl, you were doing too well to let it all go to pot and you're going to have to look good for those job interviews.
Old 08-22-2011, 03:41 AM
FitDay Member

Counting down to hols now. Still lots to do but i finish work Friday so have until the following tuesday to get sorted. Really tee'd off as I cant find my ipod, i had it in work last week and think i may have left it in the changing room. If i did then someone has taken it, hope it doesn't bring them any joy, the a******s.
Just about to have a nice beef goulash with lots of salad, really hungry this evening, only had some fruit for lunch so am going to enjoy dinner. Was going to go on the treadmill but without my ipod that's a non starter, however i will drag out the Wii and do some Wii Fit, better than lying around on the sofa.
Old 08-22-2011, 04:40 AM
FitDay Member

I hope you find your ipod, I couldn't live without mine. Good job having an alternate plan for the walk. So where are you off too on holidays this time, its seems as though it was only such a short time ago that you were in Paris. No holidays for us this year, maybe next year when my mum buys a house in Florida we can make use of it.
Old 08-23-2011, 07:21 AM
FitDay Member

Dee. I'm headed stateside next Tuesday. It's a road trip, one of those "if it's Saturday it must be..........." I will be offline ( unless my man brings his iPad) for over two weeks. How will I cope!! He told me today that he is to get an award for work he did during the recent riots in Birmingham, we will be attending a ceremony and banquet at the end of Sep, I've just booked my flights. Of course I asked what is the dress code for the evening but he didn't know - just wear something nice he says. I don't think it will be formal but fairly dressy so now I need to see what is lurking in my wardrobe. Not a lot in that category I think, I may have to buy something new and I hate clothes shopping unless it's for more casual wear.
Had a good day today, both with work and food. The exercise I'm afraid to say was not so good, not even close to getting up and moving but tomorrow I will I promise.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.