Notices

Daily dose of Lizzie

Old 07-10-2011, 06:15 AM
FitDay Member

Many thanks for your support wowgirl88, it really helps. Hope you will keep me up to date with how you are doing. Last few weeks have been bad on lots of levels, personal problems, car troubles, money worries. Weighed in at 1/2 lb down last Thursday, not exactly earth shattering but given my lack of willpower over this recent period - still a result. Need to get back to logging because I know this helps keep me straight.
Old 07-12-2011, 09:53 AM
FitDay Member

I've been keeping myself busy these past few days, gardening, housework, cleaning the car and more. I have the girls coming this sat for a meal and a session of problem solving. Well we talk about things, laugh a lot, give our opinions, discuss the men in our lives and even if we don't really sort things out I think we all feel better from having shared this time. So it will be a full scale house clean, shopping, cooking and of course a major decision on what to wear.
Old 07-13-2011, 07:47 PM
FitDay Member

Thumbs up The constant drip wears away the stone

22 lbs down and 22 to go. Sometimes I despair of getting there but to have even come this far is pretty good for me. However I'm not complacent, I haven't met my last two mini goals ( I should be 149 today), and they weren't unachievable really if I'd worked harder. I have two days off work and a lot of things to do. Sat will be a heavy night so the next two days HAVE to be low. Then we are into the rundown to my holiday in the US. My partner will see me briefly in about 3 weeks then I have another 3 1/2 weeks before we meet again to head off on our trip. Only problem I can see is - will any of my summer clothes fit me?
Old 07-18-2011, 09:37 AM
FitDay Member

Default It only takes one!

I got ready for the girls coming on sat, and I was excited about them seeing me for the first time in a couple of months. I thought I looked ok. My first friend arrived and she has lost 12lbs, she was never big but had started to carry a little extra weight, she looked great and I told her so. She told me I was doing well. My next guest came and immediately starting congratulating my friend on looking so good, who told her that I had lost almost twice as much. Oh, she said, but you wouldn't really notice, and just went on gushing about my friend's fabulousness. Up until then I had felt good, my clothes are getting really loose and I thought the difference was noticeable. Now I can't see it, I look in the mirror and think I was kidding myself that I look better. It would be so easy to just give up.
Old 07-19-2011, 02:04 AM
FitDay Member

Lizzie,

You're absolutely right... it DOES only take one! One person who is inconsiderate, mean-spirited, jealous, whatever. You DO look fabulous and YES, 22 lbs. certainly does show!

I've enjoyed watching your journey for months. You've worked far too hard to let someone like that rob you of all that you've accomplished! Hold on tight to that 22 lb. loss and don't let anyone rob you of your success... no one!

Your goals are in sight... just keep focused. Maybe you can invite the "mean one" over when your ultimate goal has been reached to rub it in a little??? lol

quinn
Old 07-19-2011, 05:32 AM
FitDay Member

Thank you, I have decided that I won't let one person ruin this for me. I spent two whole days worrying about this incident - did I really look no different, maybe it was what I was wearing, maybe my face still looks fat, or my boobs are still big so I look bigger all over, but you know what- I feel better, my clothes are getting way too loose, so who cares what she thinks. Motivation is such a fragile thing, sometimes comments can spur you on to an "I'll show them" attitude and sometimes they can lay you low. I know I have probably said it before but knowing that you are all out there really helps and I hope that my struggle helps some of you too.
Old 07-19-2011, 05:49 AM
Super Moderator

Glad to hear you say that, Lizzie. Congrats to you on the progress you've made!
Old 07-19-2011, 05:51 AM
FitDay Member

That's the way! Don't let a negative, shallow person rob you of all that you have accomplished... and all that is yet to be. If you want to get back at her, reach your goal... Who knows? Maybe it will render her speechless... this time to YOUR benefit. You can do this, Lizzie... I know you can!

quinn
Old 07-19-2011, 07:23 PM
FitDay Member

OMGCB. Last night one of the girls I work with but who hasn't seen me for months came in and it wax " where have you gone, turn around, you are so skinny". Now I know I am not skinny but it gave me such a lift. It's sad to be so affected by other people's opinions and I have been reading the compliments postings elsewhere, someone there said that after you reach your goal and people get used to the new you the compliments stop and that can make you feel a little down. I hope that when I finally reach my goal, the compliments will come when I have taken more care with what I'm wearing or how I've fixed my hair, just like I do with my friends whose skinniness never changes. Still it's nice when someone notices your hard work.
Old 07-20-2011, 01:22 AM
FitDay Member

SEE??? I told you you look fabulous! Now go get some petrol before you run out!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.