Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread Beginning 1/3/2011??

Old 01-08-2011, 12:29 AM
FitDay Member

Cassie- I was just thinking this morning about how I got out of bed with energy!I feel sooo much better this week since I am eating well and drinking plenty of water. Why are we so quick to forgot how good this feels and give back into the junk???

Report for Friday

1. 64 oz. of water- Close,Yes, Yes, plus some ,YesYes
2. No processed foods.- Yes, (except a 1/2Tbs) of store bought salad dressing YES, Yes,Yes,Yes
3. Push myself more in my workouts. Yes,YES, Yes(my hamstrings will testify)Yes,ouch tricepsYes,Yes
4. Log my food.Yes,Yes,YESYes,Yes
5. Not eat before bed. Yes,Yes, Yes,Yes,Yes-this has been esp a challenge for me, so I have been drinking LOTS of herbal tea every night.

Here's to keeping up our healthy habits through the weekend!!
Old 01-08-2011, 09:54 AM
FitDay Member

accounting for Saturday:

1) drink more water yes
2) eat between 1800-1900kcal 1941 not too bad
3) no more than 50g of fat a day (eliminate nuts as much as possible) 42.3 can i have a pat on my back please )
4) continue with bike and dvd on alternating days 17km on bike today
5) be firm and not give up in support of DH in his quitting smoking (top priority) big fat no

Today's deficit was about 600kcal, God I hope to see some results next Friday. DH bought a new box of fags today he's in a massive denial (it's so easy to stop, it can be done anytime, so why do it now). I need to motivate him somehow... maybe I could do what they do on these TV shows, I'll take him to the doctor and let him have a fitness test, or that test which shows how much oxygen you use.
Good job everyone, I've been reading posts and we all are doing very well, let's keep the good work up
Old 01-08-2011, 10:25 AM
FitDay Member

Default Ugh!

Did so well all day yesterday until sundown. Road my stationary bike in the morning before work, and then did a Jillian Michael's DVD after work. Then the last party of the holiday season hit in the evening. Don't know why I don't monitor myself at these things. I get into the "I'm celebrating" mode and all caution gets tossed out the window. Noticed that I didn't drink all my water yesterday, so that might have been a factor, too. Oh well, I guess one little bump does not a road block make.
Have a great weekend everyone!
Old 01-08-2011, 11:08 AM
FitDay Member

Friday's report:

1. Drink at least 72 oz wateryesyesNoyes!Yes!
2. 5 fruits/veg's each dayyesyes, yesNoYes
3. Multivitamin dailyyesnoyesYes!Yes
4. Limit calories to no more than 1500 per dayno -1614no, noYes - 1470Yes!
5. Exercise min. of 4 days/45 minutes each - real exercise! yesyesnoyesYes!
Does feel good to be back on track. Today's numbers aren't great, but not terrible - Chuck E Cheese Bday party for my DS. Weighed in yesterday, and it wasn't as bad as I'd thought.
Old 01-08-2011, 12:51 PM
FitDay Member

End of week stats:

- Back is all better
- Exhaustion from earlier in week = better
- Did 25 min bike Fri, I know under 40 min is supposed to be "worthless" but better than nothing

Today I
- took daughter to swim class
- ran 5 miles
- vaccummed, mopped, dishes, bathrooms, 4 loads of laundry (downstairs)
- prepared, served, and cleaned up breakfast, snack, lunch, and dinner for everyone
- made vat of lentil soup and baked rosemary foccacia bread

Thankful for:
- hubby started exercising (stationary bike at work every day)
- The doctor thought my husband had high blood pressure. Hubby started monitoring his blood pressure and it turns out to be fine, but the scare has got him exercising and eating healthy!
Old 01-08-2011, 01:56 PM
FitDay Member

Default check-in

Checking in late - I had trouble logging in the beginning of the week, but set goals & tried to follow

30g fiber each day
Apple a day
20% fat or less/day
+ 2 glasses water
500 deficit/ day
Double Cardio daily (did one each day on weekend, doubles during week)
Resistance 3/week (did 2 times)

SOOOO frustrated because of lots of working on calories in vs calories out, running good deficits but almost no weight loss. I'm committed to daily double cardio for January, once each AM & PM. Hopefully it will kick in.

starting weight Jan 1, 2011: 139
goal weight March 20, 2011: 127
current weight: 138.6
Old 01-08-2011, 03:28 PM
FitDay Member

Okay I'm in too keep in mind im just starting but here we go:

1) Drink at least 2 bubba kegs of water a day

2) find a walking excersize on comcast demand that I can do every day and do it each day.

3)write down everything I eat then convert it to the computer (which will take some commitment as I do not get on the computer a lot)

4) do not eat any candy or sweets of any kind
Old 01-08-2011, 04:25 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome, Alicia and lwanker. Sounds like you're off to a good start. We'll start new on Monday as well and you can keep your same goals or revise them. It's all trial and error.

lwanker, been there done that on your frustration. It's hard when you don't have a whole lot to lose. Are you looking for feedback or just venting?

nottango, hope you got through Chuck E Cheese's ok. Glad those days are over for me...and that place has the most disgusting pizza on the planet!

1. Stick to my calorie limit. Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes No, but only about 150 over - not off the rails
2. No cookies...gateway drug! Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes
3. 2-3 big blue bottles of water daily. Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes
4. Exercise...daily this week to get back in the habit. Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes
5. Increase the protein (been at about 25%). No, still at 25% today Yes, 31% Yes, 31% Yes, 35% Yes, 30% eh, 28%

Let's finish out the week strong, ladies
Old 01-09-2011, 04:54 AM
FitDay Member

1. Drink at least 72 oz wateryesyesNoyes!Yes!yes
2. 5 fruits/veg's each dayyesyes, yesNoYesno
3. Multivitamin dailyyesnoyesYes!Yesyes
4. Limit calories to no more than 1500 per dayno -1614no, noYes - 1470Yes!no
5. Exercise min. of 4 days/45 minutes each - real exercise! yesyesnoyesYes!

Cassie - I agree - pizza at Chuck E Cheese's is disgusting! Wasn't tempted a bit, but did enjoy some cake. Also ate some tortilla chips with queso while watching football, and had some beer (to help recover from 2 hours at Chuck E Cheese). Glad it wasn't an official weigh-in day because the salt really makes my weight go up drastically.
Old 01-09-2011, 02:23 PM
FitDay Member

Default glad for feedback

I am venting, but also looking for ideas. I am at the gym 2-3 hrs a day, logging calories, trying to keep the balance at 60-20-20, and not losing. I am 51, premenopausal and looking at balancing out hormones so maybe that will help. I also am thinking that if I can keep it up some switch will come on in my body and the weight will start coming off. I went from a bike tour riding 4-5 hrs a day all of October to just the gym an hour a day Nov & Dec. Amping up the gym to daily double cardio & resistance training twice a week for January.

Any ideas are welcome.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.