Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread Beginning 1/3/2011??

Old 01-05-2011, 12:22 PM
FitDay Member

Wednesday report card:

1. Drink 96 oz of water daily. YES, YES, YES
2. Exercise Mon-Sat and make a plan to seriously train for the race in May. YES, YES, YES
3. Eat between 1,350 and 1,650 calories. 1,587, 1,868, 1,649 a very near thing, it's been a real struggle, AF is due any second now
4. Keep my proteins at or above 35%. 33% 19%, 28%
5. Throw out the rest of the gingerbread cookies, I don't even like them! NO, NO, YES!!!!!
6. Complete at least 6 things every day from the list of "Things that must be done". 8, 4, 6,

Last edited by almeeker; 01-05-2011 at 12:27 PM.
Old 01-05-2011, 01:27 PM
FitDay Member

Can I jump on this late?!

1) Eat at least 4 servings of fruit/veg a day (I know, pathetic. Does a banana count as one or two?!) No, No, No, but tomorrow is a new day!
2) Perform stretches every night (I managed to strain my lower back on Sat trying to jump rope; it's so hard to exercise in the winter!!! My back still hurts and is limiting my motion). Yes, Yes, Yes
3) No secret grazing while cleaning up after dinner! No, Yes, No
4) No cramming stale chocolate in my mouth at work just b/c it's lying around everywhere No, No, No

On another note, over the holidays I weighed myself on my friend's Tanita scale in the evening after dinner w my clothes on and I was 121, and then came home and weighed myself on my cheapo ancient analog scale and I was 120, so I think my scale is fairly accurate! Hooray! I'm still 117-118 in the mornings and hoping to maintain or drop 1-2 pounds by spring (I think it's so hard for me to workout in winter that it's more realistic to wait until spring when I can run and bike and skate outside again).
Old 01-05-2011, 01:29 PM
FitDay Member

Question: some of you are working out 5-7 days a week. I am so amazed and would love advice. If I work out that oftenn (30-40 min at a time, usually a jog or a DVD) I find myself exhausted, sore, tight, and prone to injuries. Maybe I just need to build up to that level more slowly? Maybe I need to warmup and cool down more (now I basically do zero b/c of time)?
Old 01-05-2011, 01:46 PM
Super Moderator

Hi rubypeanut, yes, warming up and cooling down are very important. Warm up your muscles with some aerobic/cardio briefly, and do static stretches to cool down. I have heard not to do static stretches at warmup because your muscles are cold and therefore more prone to injury.

I usually work out 6 days a week but I do different things. Two days I run, two days I play tennis, and two days I strength train. You may want to look into high intensity interval training (HIIT), which is said to take less time but provide greater calorie afterburn. I do believe a workout schedule is also something you need to build up to, and I have found that if I back off my schedule at all (like over the holidays, I only did 3 days per week), it does set you back a bit. So, maybe start at a certain routine, be consistent, then move up when it gets easier.
Old 01-05-2011, 02:57 PM
Super Moderator

Reporting in:

1. Stick to my calorie limit. Yes Yes Yes
2. No cookies...gateway drug! Yes Yes Yes
3. 2-3 big blue bottles of water daily. Yes Yes Yes
4. Exercise...daily this week to get back in the habit. Yes Yes Yes
5. Increase the protein (been at about 25%). No, still at 25% today Yes, 31% Yes, 31%

I swear, being on maintenance for months and then having to go back to lower calories to drop the 6 pounds from the holidays BITES!! I feel like I'm hanging on by a thread from the time dinner's over till I go to bed, I want to snackity, snack, snack snack! Grrr . Well, I did it to myself .
Old 01-05-2011, 02:58 PM
FitDay Member

Thought I'd posted earlier, but must've forgotten to hit "save" or got distracted. Been one of those days. I'll post results for Tues & Wed.

1. Drink at least 72 oz wateryesyesNo
2. 5 fruits/veg's each dayyesyes, yes
3. Multivitamin dailyyesnoyes
4. Limit calories to no more than 1500 per dayno -1614no, no
5. Exercise min. of 4 days/45 minutes each - real exercise! yesyesno

Mambogirl - all you have to do is click on the "A" in the message box when you're typing you message. Look at the top, you'll see where it says "fonts" - look to the right next to the box which says "size". I would recommend experimenting with all the options - it's fun! Your text will end up looking funny, but you can hit the "preview post" button (below the message box) and fix any errors before you post. Hope this isn't too confusing!

Darlean - April Fool's challenge is another thread started by mecompo (with Almeeker assisting) in which we all set a goal to lose 10% of our body weight by April first. There are actually 2 threads - one with hints, tips and motivational stuff, and another to record weights. There's not a set weigh-in day, but I chose Friday as mine. I started over 2 weeks ago, but I think there've been some New Yrs joiners - it's quite a long list. It'll be interesting to see how many of us are left by the end!
Old 01-06-2011, 12:28 AM
FitDay Member

Updating for the past two days!

1. Drink at least 80 oz of water. I need more but I am having a hard time getting much in at work. So I am going to try and build myself back up.Yes, Yes, Yes
2. Eat 1400-1500 calories per day.-NO, NO about 1600
3. Exercise 45 minutes daily-No only 30, Yes, Yes
4. No Sweets!!! yes until late last night when the fudge round called my name!!, Yes, NO

I have been so busy I dont have time to post. I am still trying to keep my food log updated though. I am working my new job and leaving here and going to my old job to keep them afloat until they find a replacement. I am so tired. But the scale keeps inching down little by little!
Old 01-06-2011, 12:55 AM
FitDay Member

Hey, I like that April's Fool Day challenge thing. I'll join in, too. Sounds like a great motivating plan. Have a couple of dinners out this week, so I'm trying my best to work them in. Thanks for the help everyone!
Old 01-06-2011, 03:24 AM
FitDay Member

Default Hello, I am new and would like to join

My vows are to:

Workout Mon-Fri
Take my vits/minerals
Eat Clean

Thanks,
Meekness
Old 01-06-2011, 03:32 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by rubypeanut
Question: some of you are working out 5-7 days a week. I am so amazed and would love advice. If I work out that oftenn (30-40 min at a time, usually a jog or a DVD) I find myself exhausted, sore, tight, and prone to injuries. Maybe I just need to build up to that level more slowly? Maybe I need to warmup and cool down more (now I basically do zero b/c of time)?
Ding ding ding, we have a winner. When I got serious last year I was already working out 2x week, maybe 3, in roughly 1 hour sessions. So I knew that I could go for an hour, but where to find the time for more? Slowly I've looked at each day of the week and worked in extra workouts where they fit best. Each day is different and I frequently try new things just to keep my interest level up. As I started to increase the amount of time I spend working out I did go through some achy + exhausted days, but now that I'm in better shape it takes something really crazy to give me the slightest aches, and when I do get a case of the aches and pains it's gone in 24 hours.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.