Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
LADIES - what is your workout routine? >

LADIES - what is your workout routine?

Community
Notices

LADIES - what is your workout routine?

Old 01-07-2011, 05:10 PM
FitDay Member

I've always been dedicated to exercise, but find I can be sporadic. I've actually calendared my workouts now.

NEW WEEKLY WORKOUT SCHEDULE
Spin classes - 3 to 4X
Weights (either free wts or class) 3X
Yoga 1X
Zumba 1X
Tennis 1X
Old 01-09-2011, 02:51 AM
FitDay Member

If you like the beachbody products (like slim in 6), you might also like turbo jam (it's my just have fun but get a workout in kind of exercise). I do TJ when I'm between other routines (like p90x). Speaking of which, if you're looking at p90x, you might want to get your hands on the workout that preceeds the X, which is just plan p90. It's still intense, I lost a lot of weight on it, and it's a great way to gear up for the X, if you choose to go on to do that program as well. I have friends or co-workers who have these various programs, so I've just borrowed them to cut down on the cost of ordering it all for myself, so go that route if you can. Or check auction sites/craigslist for really cheap packages that people are selling.

At the moment, I'm doing turbo jam in the mornings and insanity after work in the evening (all told, about 2 hours or so of exercise). I need to burn off that holiday weight (which, for me, started packing on around labor day)!
Old 01-09-2011, 02:43 PM
FitDay Member

For January I am committed to:

Monday 45 min spinning, 45 min elliptical, 30 min weights
Tuesday 45 min resistance, 1 hr yoga, 45 min Zumba, 30 min elliptical
Wednesday 45 min spinning, 45 min elliptical
Thursday 30 min elliptical, 30 min yoga, 45 min Zumba
Friday 45 min resistance, 45 min elliptical
Saturday 1 hr Zumba, 45 min walk
Sunday 45 min walk

I don't know if this is sustainable after this month, though, because it takes so much time, and the elliptical is soooo boring...
Old 01-09-2011, 06:52 PM
FitDay Member

lwanker, if you find the elliptical boring, why are you doing it?
Your ideal exercise is the one you have fun doing. Actually, from your schedule it looks like you would be fine without the elliptical. Even if you were to subtract the elliptical from the four days you have it scheduled right now, I think you would be fine. In fact, if you were to keep this schedule up for a month, you may even be hindering your efforts. Just something to think about.

I highly recommend reading this article about why doing more and more cardio isn't the answer to fat loss.
Old 01-11-2011, 12:00 PM
FitDay Member

Default New Workout for Me

For the last year or so, I've been HIIT on the elliptical and strength training 4-5 days per week. Recently, to change things up, I tried TRX. WOW! It is the best workout I ever did. It works my whole body using my own body weight. It's awesome. I highly recommend it to anyone who really wants an intense calorie torching full body workout. It is offered at the healthclub I belong to.

I'm still all about calories and calories out so I want my workout time to be the most productive it can be. I've tried the bikes, the treadmill, the arc trainer, kettlebells, cardio classes etc but I personally get the best calorie burn on the elliptical (20 calories per min). TRX matches it.
Old 01-11-2011, 01:04 PM
FitDay Member

I absolutely love Zumba, try to go at least 3 days a week.
Old 01-11-2011, 07:02 PM
FitDay Member

Monday morning - "Total Body Workout" 45 minute fitness class.
Monday evening - Cardio/Strength training in gym, 1 hour +

Tuesday morning - "Body Pump" 45 minute weight training class.
Tuesday evening - "Body Combat" 1 hour martial arts/boxing style cardio.

Wednesday morning - "RPM" 45 minute 'Spin' class.
Wednesday evening - Cardio/Strength training in gym, 1 hour +

Thursday morning - "Body Combat" 45 minutes.
Thursday afternoon - "Body Pump" 1 hour.

Friday morning - "Legs, Bums, Tums" 45 minute fitness class.
Friday evening - Cardio/Strength training in gym, 1 hour +

Saturday morning - "Body Pump" 45 minutes.
Saturday afternoon - Rest

Sunday - Rest.

My gym cardio is a pre-chosen programme that my PT devised for me, with some extra running added by myself.

I've also been thinking about adding a "Step" or "Zumba" class to my routine once I'm back to full fitness. (Knocked out by flu over Christmas) And something like Yoga/Pilates once a week as I'm not very supple.