Notices

No More Jiggling like Jell-o in January

Old 12-31-2010, 05:23 PM
FitDay Member

Default No More Jiggling like Jell-o in January (100+ to lose)

Happy New Year all!! Hope to see a lot of the regulars back and newcomers too!!

Last edited by GameGal; 01-01-2011 at 03:04 AM.
Old 12-31-2010, 05:53 PM
Super Moderator

Happy New Years... I'm back...
Old 12-31-2010, 06:14 PM
FitDay Member

Happy New Year
Old 01-01-2011, 01:48 AM
FitDay Member

Good morning and HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! LOL, very funny title for January by the way!
Old 01-01-2011, 04:01 AM
FitDay Member

Talking Happy New Year Everyone!

Well, I don't know about you folks but I didnt see any recession out there this holiday season! I work retail and boy, it was an absolute madhouse some days.
Still no excuse for not recording, chatting and all. I did not gain any weight during Christmas which is a first in my book.
At one point I had a 'light bulb' moment about portion control - 'by george, I think I got this' LOL Also, saw moments of extreme tiredness having me hovering in front of the fridge; another penny drops.
Back on track now the rush at work is over. Started a detox today with supplements (from work) which I did a few years ago and felt great afterwards. Basically - psyllium and lots of water - LOL
I hope you all had a great holiday season and it will be good to be back in touch with you all. Sorry for not being here, I sure missed you all.
New year, new decade any one with new plans?
I got a Wii for Christmas the DH is going to set it up today for me when I am at work. Also, have TiVO'd a belly dancing exercise program (4) and some Core Fusion shows.
So, am looking forward to getting some aeorbics going - which I have never - that I can remember - done before.
The snow just keeps falling so no chance of walking - however, I do have snowshoes that I want to use my next day off, have a little fun.
Gotta get to work, have a nice day with your family and friends ladies and see you online in the coming days.
Carren
Old 01-01-2011, 12:38 PM
FitDay Member

I am new here and will get around to posting my intro...really I will!
Can I join you ladies?

Happy New Years everyone!
Old 01-01-2011, 04:22 PM
FitDay Member

Welcome! You are more than welcome to join us!
Old 01-01-2011, 04:52 PM
FitDay Member

Hello. I am starting a calorie counting weight loss program. ( again)

I need to loose about 50 lds. Is this topic for just over 100 pound weight loss discussion?
Should I be a different thread? Kind of new to the forums.
This site has good food log tools.
I know ( at my age, 53) I have to be meticulous in accounting for intake of food if I want to lose weight. Today I did stay under 2000 calories, ( 1800) and my goal is to stay between 1200 and 2000.
One change for the new year.. Threw away the butter. ( got some of that spray- Can't believe it's not Butter spray)
What kind of little changes do you make like that? (the little things that have big impact)
katy
Starting weight........200
Current weight.........200

Goal weight..............145 lbs
5'7

Last edited by katyq1957; 01-01-2011 at 04:59 PM.
Old 01-02-2011, 04:55 AM
FitDay Member

Good afternoon ladies,

Here is my little introduction. I'm a 49 year old SAHM. I will be 50 in 2 months...50...50!!!!. I'm still dealing with that fact. I'm shocked and thrilled at the same time. I have been overweight most of my adult life. Most of the weight came once I finished nursing my daughter. She is 9 now and a joy.

I lost 50 lbs 2 years ago using fitday and gained it back plus 10 lbs a year after I stopped. Now after trying a lot of other things I'm back to fitday. After one day I have lost 2 lbs. So far so good.

I'm here for support, ideas and laughs. Laughter makes the dieting so much easier! My weakness/love is potato anything! As a friend told me. "I'm not addicted, I'm committed!" ;D

Glad to be here!
Old 01-02-2011, 06:19 AM
FitDay Member

Happy New Year All,

It's good to see everyone back out after the craziness of December! I'm happy to have some me time back finally and looking forward to my progress. I thought I'd been horrible regarding fitness in December but looking at the calendar, the lack of sleep and poor food choices are my downfall I think.

With all my bad food choices I'm up 2 pounds from my last signature update, not super horrible for what felt like falling off the wagon.

Maggi, congrats on coming back to fitday and the loss.

GameGal, Almeeker, and carrenross it is very good to see you all back.

I'm excited about this process of getting healthy again and for the first time, I'm able to picture what I will look like at my goal weight. It may be coloured by my past (...extremely ancient past), but I'm starting to see myself as a thinner me. It's been hard to picture for me. Anyone have any tips for visualization?

I had to chuckle this week with all the ads pushing exercise equipment where last month they were clogged with promos on chocolates. I had to laugh this year instead of going - "Oh I need that!" I realized I probably have most of the toys they push. I tried a new workout in my Shape magazine from this month and found a new recipe for stuffed peppers with couscous. I'll let you know if it's a hit if anyone is interested.

I found a great recipe for chicken with lots of yummy spices, that I made into a gluten free version this month. Likely best to post in the food section, although I have to admit this is the forum section I prefer most. Has anyone found a fitday thread for recipes that rocks?

Gotta run and Healthy New Year to all,

Harpeg

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.