Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
No More Jiggling like Jell-o in January >

No More Jiggling like Jell-o in January

Community
Notices

No More Jiggling like Jell-o in January

Old 01-11-2011, 07:31 AM
FitDay Member

Way to go Almeeker, sounds like you're gonna kick that 10K's arse!

I cannot wait until the sun comes out and I'm able to run outside. Hopefully by then I'll be a little less wobbly around the belly from all the running on the treadmill I am doing. Yes, my name is Felicity and I am a runnaholic.
Old 01-11-2011, 12:07 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by WeightlossBoo
Way to go Almeeker, sounds like you're gonna kick that 10K's arse!
Somebody behind is getting kicked, and it's either going to be the race or um, me. I do appreciate the vote of confidence, thank you.
Old 01-11-2011, 02:53 PM
FitDay Member

Haha, here's my vote, too. That's awesome that you're going for it!
Old 01-12-2011, 02:45 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Ladies,

I've been lurking around this forum and finally decided to join. I'm in my late 20's and finishing school this quarter. I figure this is the perfect time to take control of my life and stop obsessing about food. I want to become a healthier individual and not necessarily for anyone else but for myself.

I hope to post more often on here until then I hope you have a lovely day.
Old 01-12-2011, 06:12 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome aboard EMS. I love the bit about the tortoise, in the end the tortoise beat the hare didn't he?
Old 01-12-2011, 08:54 AM
FitDay Member

Hi everyone

Mind if i pitch in here too?

Hope you are all feeling a bit more enthusiastic and got some of your mo-jo back since the early january jitters last week. I must admit i was the opposite and started the new year with the typical new-year new-me attitude but thankfully it seems to be carrying through and building in momentom. I have been angelic since new years and regained my love of exercise again. I've stopped smoking too! yeah for me . So far it has not been too difficult but taking it one day at a time.

I began thinking I would giv the food log a miss as sometimes i find it makes me obsess about food too much to a point where thats all i can think about. However I felt I needed to do this to make sure I wasn't veering off track too much. I've been within or under my calorie allowance and exercising everyday (one rest day) but have actually put on 3lbs. (I know some might say it could be added muscle but I don't buy that as my scales gives fat and muscle measurements or at least that is what it claims to do.). I am hoping this is just the hangover from the christmas munch season so hoping I will see a good loss soon. Have made some changes to my diet such as increasing protein intake to see if this makes any difference. Fingers crossed!

Almeeker; I must say you are very motivating, I look at your stats and think 'Ahh so it can be done!' and now here you are training for a 10K run.

PS: Anyone every find posting on this site frustrating, every so often I lose what I've written when I hit submit

Last edited by bettmrr; 01-13-2011 at 12:19 AM. Reason: oops spelling error
Old 01-12-2011, 11:46 AM
FitDay Member

i want to be part of this club too.
starting weight 245 i want to be 135-145 by this time next year. been here for about a week lost 2 lbs already(whoo-hoo) plan to keep this up and have healthier life style. with the help of husband friends and you guys, i know i will reach my target weight in no time. much luck and blessings to us all
Old 01-13-2011, 12:14 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by bettmrr
PS: Anyone every find posting on this site frustrating, every so often I lose what I've written when I hit submit
Hi bettmrr,

Congrats on the committment to the changes. I've started to have challenges posting here. I lost a few posts but found if I lost the post by clicking on preview post often I can click the back button on my browser to be able to see my post. Without fail if I copy and past my post into Word, I can selct preview post and it has worked, otherwise I have a copy in Word that I can paste into a new post screen.

Almeeker good for you rising to the challenge of a 10K! You'll totally kick butt.

I'm getting back on the road to a new me. Last night after having a bad calorie day I finally got a good night's sleep and a pound slipped away in the night. Yeah! That's the one thing for me that seems to be key -- getting enough zzzz's. Doing well on the water intake, but not where I'd like it to be.

Hope everyoen has a great day!
Old 01-13-2011, 12:23 AM
FitDay Member

I do like to preview the post before submit but blimey that last reply was 4th time lucky. I was about to give up. Yes must remember to copy before hitting anything. I think the quick reply works better.

Hmm Z's eh I can never get enough of them.
Old 01-13-2011, 12:50 AM
FitDay Member

Default Inspiring!

You all are so inspiring to a newbie like me (not new to the weight loss fitness battle, just new to this forum). I am starting out the new year with my own "biggest loser" challenge with my boy-toy. He wants to lose 20Lbs by April (to impress his cardiologist) and I want to lose 16 lbs by the same time (with an additional 5-10 by June).

It may not sound like much to lose, but I have a very hard time losing ANYTHING unless I follow a lower carb, moderate fat and moderate protein diet and keep my calories to no more that 1600 per day. I can expand the carbs and calories if I am active, but right now I am little more than a couch potato. I am trying the "Couch potato to 5K in nine weeks" program and can already feel a difference in my cardiovascular improvement.

I like yoga and will try anything that provides "functional fitness". Any suggestions? Well, off to work I go. You all have a good day!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.