Notices

7 day motivational starting 12/26; everybody ready?

Old 12-27-2010, 07:38 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by gmantych
Yes you can gain that extra weight prior to when your period would normally start. I had a hysterectomy last October. They did leave my ovaries so I wouldn't have to take horomone replacements. So each month my weight goes up at the same time each month, even though I dont actually have a period.
Thank you so much for your answer i'm sorry to hear that you had to have a hysterectomy. I'm actually taking progesterone-only pill, which is a form of birth control. I'm so scared that I'm pregnant again, DH and I are an extremely fertile couple (God forbid, this would be baby #4) each time I lost some weight I became pregnant I'm buying a test today, i need to see the little minus on it, just to have peace of mind.

tryinghard2lose, you are off to a good start, cutting out fast food will save you hundreds of calories

hunny24, welcome back

cjohnson728, I' not sure where i read it, but it goes like this: two steps forward and one step back will still get you there
Old 12-27-2010, 08:46 PM
FitDay Member

Thanks, canary...I also need some motivation to get back on track!
My goals for this week are:

1. Drink at least two liters of water every day
2. Go swimming once a week
3. Go running at least twice this week
4. Stop eating sweets, ice cream and cookies
5. Clean up the house
6. Paint the kitchen
7. Apply for that wonderful job I spotted on the internet
Old 12-28-2010, 12:12 AM
FitDay Member

1. Limit cal's to 1500yesno
2. 72 oz water dailyyesno
3. Daily Wiifit Plus - new Xmas toy! yesyes
4. 5 frts/veg's per dayyesno
5. Multivitamin dailyyesno

Okay, the new job was actually very nice. I met a lot of very nice people, and found out I get a free lunch every day! It's a nursing home, and the food was good - had a nice salad with pineapple. Realized I need to bring my own water to stay hydrated, though as I got behind yesterday. I did well eating-wise until after dinner - those darn Christmas cookies called, and I answered by eating ~14 eek!. Love the Wii fit so far. Ran outside (Brrr!) for ~ 20 minutes (with my dog, Tango) then ran in place inside for 20 minutes today.
Old 12-28-2010, 02:28 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by nottango
1. Limit cal's to 1500yesno
2. 72 oz water dailyyesno
3. Daily Wiifit Plus - new Xmas toy! yesyes
4. 5 frts/veg's per dayyesno
5. Multivitamin dailyyesno

Okay, the new job was actually very nice. I met a lot of very nice people, and found out I get a free lunch every day! It's a nursing home, and the food was good - had a nice salad with pineapple. Realized I need to bring my own water to stay hydrated, though as I got behind yesterday. I did well eating-wise until after dinner - those darn Christmas cookies called, and I answered by eating ~14 eek!. Love the Wii fit so far. Ran outside (Brrr!) for ~ 20 minutes (with my dog, Tango) then ran in place inside for 20 minutes today.
I am glad you enjoyed your first day. Its funny that you are working in a nursing home because I start my new job today which is also at a nursing home. I have worked in Long Term Care for the last ten years and I absolutely love it!! I am a Business Office Manager, what field are you in? I have never worked in a nursing home that gave us free lunches though. What a nice perk! I have always been able to buy the lunch for $2-3.00 which I think is a fair price and its usually pretty healthy.
Old 12-28-2010, 02:31 AM
FitDay Member

Report for Monday:

1. 128 oz of water-NO
2. 1500 or less calories-Yes
3. 45 minutes of exercise daily-Yes
4. No sweets! Have to get these cravings under control.-NO

Well I kept my calories under but they werent all good calories. and I didnt drink very much water. Today is a new day and I am going to keep putting one foot in front of the other!
Old 12-28-2010, 03:53 AM
FitDay Member

Monday:

Goals for this week:

1) Go to the gym 4 times this week and do my best - No 6 mile runs for me yet - YES Ran 2 miles last night so its a start!
2) Keep calories under 1300 - Have to get rid of all the sugar and crap from my system - YES
3) Try to do carbs only at breakfast time, at least not at dinner - YES
4) No sugar of any kind! - YES
Old 12-28-2010, 04:09 AM
FitDay Member

My goals:
1) healthier food: had to eat mellower (1564 cal)/ ate too much, some of it healthy, some not so much
2) more water (64 oz a reasonable goal) 54/ do vodka gimlets count?
3) meditate: yes/ yes
4) write: minimum/ 3+ pages
5) exercise at gym or at home at least 3x this week: home, abs, legs/home exercise
6) don't be so hard on myself (and others): did better, tried to relax/my own worst critic
7) trope: 14 minutes/trope nope

Welcome everyone. Hunny, Cassie, good to see you post again. Nottango I am so glad to hear about your job; Glenda I hope yours goes equally well. MunaAmin I'm glad someone could help answer your question. I am myself in mental pause oops I mean menopause but the other one (mental pause) applies too.
Old 12-28-2010, 10:50 AM
FitDay Member

I'm in what they call "peri" menopause - which means it may be 3 weeks before my next period...and it may be 6...and I may have really bad PMS for DAYS ....or I may have no symptoms. Being a woman is so complex!
Glenda, it's a small world! I work in the dietary dept., which is why I get free food. I've worked in hospitals, and always had to pay in the past.
Hope - no, can't count vodka!!!
Molly Sue - apply for that job!!!
Ann - welcome back...was wondering what happened to you! Make sure you're eating enough carb's, or you wont recover well from workouts!
Cassie, I always like reading your posts!
Old 12-28-2010, 01:01 PM
FitDay Member

Default Re:

My Goals for this week are:

1. Drink more Water
2. Cut down on Sweets
3. Eat healthier lunches
4. Try to get some sort of exercise each day

Old 12-28-2010, 02:28 PM
FitDay Member

it's good to see it's not just me, falling off the wagon! sorry ladies, but if i was the only one, that would have been much tougher to deal with!now, with the motivations and help from this group i can pull myself back together as well, i hope!
i still have to wait for the christmas cookies and treats to disappear first before making it a goal not to touch sweets and deal with my cravings, but last 2 nights i have actually done some exercising which is good, even though not enough. been eating so bad even my hubby is telling me off???!!!??
but i'll get over this period and get back on track again, we all do!
a question or concern though: for the last week i couldn't access the fourms, could log in my food and exercise, but not the fourms wonder what the cause might have been?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.