Notices

150 lbs. to Lose!

Old 01-26-2010, 03:56 AM
FitDay Member

Red face 150 lbs. to Lose!

It slowly crept on me! But here I am, 152 lbs. overweight! I need email buddies, who are positive. I am excited about my new journey and getting back to my thinner self!

Has2BeMe

Last edited by Has2BeMe; 01-26-2010 at 03:58 AM. Reason: signature
Old 01-26-2010, 04:20 AM
FitDay Member

Hello, I'm Diane. You're definitely not alone, I've got about 150 to lose, myself! You've gotten on the right track, which is great!

I'm 29, and I've been steadily putting on weight since middle school, so I understand. I've really had to work to change my mindset about food over the past six weeks. I've also had to come to terms with the fact that it doesn't happen overnight. Everyone I've met on here is awesome, and so supportive, so I hope we can help you succede!!

I freakin live on these boards, and I love having people to talk to about any aspect of our journey. By the way, if you're on Facebook, there's been a group started there called FitDayFriends.
Old 01-26-2010, 08:07 AM
FitDay Member

Talking Thanks!

Hey Dianne,

Glad to hear from you! So you've been on here for the past 6 weeks? I joined a few days ago and am learning to navigate the site!

I'm 51 y/o Mom of two! Daughter is 26 and my son is 13...what can I say! My weight started going up when I was 26, after my daughter was born. I was a very thin kid and average teen.

My son is about 40 lbs. overweight so we are trying to lose together! He's working out, but I can't until I lose at least 30 lbs. Got bad knees!

I'm looking forward to seeing you on the forum! Keep me updated on your progress!

Sincerely,
Barbara
Old 01-27-2010, 02:22 AM
FitDay Member

Good morning, Barbara! How's everything going? I know those first few days of making a lifestyle change are a pretty big adjustment. I still struggle some days! You know, I was trying to think of ways for you to exercise until your knees can handle it better, and I wanted to ask you if you guys are going to a gym. If they have eliptical machines, that might be an option for you, as they are basically no impact. How do you do with walking? I know I've always read, and my mom's doctor always tells her that walking really is the best thing for exercise. I'm a bit of a Biggest Loser junkie, so I've been doing one of Jillian Michael's videos. But I can't recommend that for you with knee problems right now. Its pretty killer-and I'm doing the beginner adjustments!

I'm still really bad about exercise, though, I can't seem to get consistant with it. But we're making the effort, and taking active steps to change our lives, so that's nothing to sneeze at!

I don't really have anyone I'm working with. My best friend and I encourage each other, but we have very different lives. She's married and has two kids, a three and a six year old, while I just have a boyfriend I live with. Who is skinny and always has been, so he's no help! I've been worried that he might not be as attracted to me because I was fat when we met and still am, but I told him I need to do this, not only from a feel better about myself approach, but more from a health angle. People in my family have a habit of dying young, so I want to try and prevent that for myself. I told him I want to be around to annoy him as long as possible.

Anyway, I really didn't mean to ramble on so much about myself, Ireally wanted to check in and see how you are doing. Its the writer's curse! I hope you're doing well!! Talk to you soon!
~Diane~
Old 01-27-2010, 04:05 AM
FitDay Member

Smile I need to lose 150 also

Hello I need to loose about 150lbs I weigh 285lb I want to loose at least 100lb by August.01, I am going on a cruise to Jamaica and want too lose weight. I started off good and lost 9lbs in one week had some medical issues. I a ready too start again I'm not going too stop.
Old 01-27-2010, 04:20 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by imsosexyoh
Hello I need to loose about 150lbs I weigh 285lb I want to loose at least 100lb by August.01, I am going on a cruise to Jamaica and want too lose weight. I started off good and lost 9lbs in one week had some medical issues. I a ready too start again I'm not going too stop.
Good for you! I love this website, and the boards are making this such a good journey. There are so many awesome, supportive people on here. I wish you all the best of luck and I look forward to getting to know you!
Old 01-27-2010, 05:49 AM
FitDay Member

If I may make a suggestion here. If you suffer from bad knees, then you can do sitting exercises. Even something as simple as doing some arm exercises with a soup can in each hand is an excellent start. You can even do it while you are watching TV! It will work your upper body muscles, it will burn calories, it will increase your heart rate...and it is a very good, very gentle way for someone over 50 and overweight to start exercising without risking your health. Even if you only can do it for 5 minutes at a time, just do it!! You can do it 2 or 3 times during the day to start with.

Another thing you can try to do is walk around your house more than you do now. Make a few extra trips up and down the hall, every extra step you add to your day is a step in the right direction!!

There is nothing wrong with starting slow and easy....as long as you start. You will notice quite quickly how your stamina improves, and those 5 minute sessions turn into 7 minutes and then 10 minutes!!
Old 01-28-2010, 11:11 AM
FitDay Member

Talking About 125 to lose

I also have quite a bit to lose, this site is great so far & im really excited to be starting this new journey. Good luck to everyone on here!
Old 01-28-2010, 11:31 AM
FitDay Member

I have trouble staying motivated to workout so I am mixing it up a bit. My fav so far is to do a 10 minute dance video and then 40 min of pilates or tension rope training . I have others as well but those are my favorites..
I hate to get started but once I start Im good to go. my goal is to do one mon - fri but so far Im only doing 2-3 x wk. I have problems with a bad shoulder and both knees but hoping this will help all.. Its a tough road but one that Im determined to acheive and if I can (when I can lose the 70 lbs I need to lose I must not ever again let it creap back on again....we can do it right!!!!
Old 01-28-2010, 04:02 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Has2BeMe
It slowly crept on me! But here I am, 152 lbs. overweight! I need email buddies, who are positive. I am excited about my new journey and getting back to my thinner self!

Has2BeMe
If you are still looking for an e-mail buddy, I'll be there for support. [email protected]

I'm 47 years old, and 105 pounds overweight. I just started on the program a couple weeks ago, and I could use the support too. Hope the best for you and all your efforts. It's a lot harder the older we get but we can do it!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.